Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuSyD
Zembvoun-Vounauw
Male

LSD: Waking dream
    #6971825 - 05/26/07 11:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

LSD is an amazing drug. I've read many trip reports but I have never heard of anyone experiencing anything like what I experienced the second time I dropped acid so I decided to write a trip report about it. The following experience took place on December 7, 2006.

It was a Thursday and I woke up at about 6:00 to get ready for school. After I was ready to go, I drank about 5 shots of hard liqour. Then I went off to school. I was very anxious because my friend was going to give me 2 hits ($8 each) of some supposedly strong blotter. When I got there he handed them to me. It was a piece of tin foil with 2 pieces of white, pinkish, unperforated blotter paper. After first hour, we talked by our lockers. I told him how anxious I was to drop on Saturday. I joked with him about taking it in school. Then he dared me to a hit. I thought about it. My mind set was great for tripping but the setting was risky. Then he said if I took it he would give me 2 more on Saturday and I couldn't refuse. I put a hit under my tongue and went to second hour. I played with the piece of paper in my mouth for a while before swallowing it at about 9:20 A.M. I noticed it was thick. 2 or 3 times as thick as the acid I took my first time. I knew I was in for a hardcore trip. The effects didn't begin until an hour later. I was in 3rd hour and began to notice a tingling feeling in my extremities. I felt slight mental and physical stimulation. Then came the visuals. My first time I tripped the only visuals I had were slow moving fractals and letters. I began noticing kaleidoscopes everywhere. I was incapable of solving the simplest math problem. Throughout the rest of the school day nothing really special happend. Even though I have tripped at least 20 times since then, the visuals on that trip were the best I've ever had. Kaleidoscopes everywhere and woodgrains running like river. It was magical. This trip remained pretty constant most of the day;no noticeable increase or decrease in intensity until sixth hour when my teacher started talking backwards. I was sitting in the back of the room laughing like psycho and when I looked at my notes the next day, they were written very sloppily, hardly legible with the word "conformity" written everywhere. On my bus ride home, I notice that a little mexican girl turned into a 8 eyed monster with an evil smile. When I got home I went into my room and turned up my stereo as loud as I could and stared at the visuals. I wont bore you with the details, but from about 4:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. I was watching TV (couldn't make out what was on TV.. it all just looked like kaleidoscopes) and listening to music and staring at myself in the mirror. Then at 10:00 everyone in my house was going to bed so I thought I'd try to sleep. BAD IDEA. I watched Futurama (episode: "How Hermes Requstisioned His Groove Back") and I kept feeling an extreme sense of superstition and science fiction humor revolving around the entire episode. Then I watched some talk shows and began to feel stressed because I could sleep and had to wake up for school the next day. I tried despreately to sleep until about 3:00 A.M. when for some reason the effects seemed to intensify (probably because of my mindset). The kaleidoscopes began moving faster and faster and I began to notice the visuals with the letters from my first trip. Around around 3:30 A.M. I began to feel deafly afraid that I was going insane since the effects weren't wearing off (a feeling I also had coming down from my first trip). I prayed to God saying that if I got out of this alive I would never take LSD again. That's when it happend.

I went into a waking dream and pretty much blacked out. It was like my own personal heaven. There was this girl entity who was absolutely beautiful. We (along with some other enlightened beings) were at this ancient civilization and everything was white. The girl would giggle and there would be theese colored patterns that WERE the sound. It was like this beautiful place with all these pillars that looked like this http://www.unitedwaywillcounty.org/images/Pillar.jpg
I really can't remember what exactly happend in this waking dream, but everytime I think about I feel euphoric and wish I was there. For some reason, I dont remember what exactly went on in this dream or what I experienced, but I know it occured and I know it was amazing because everytime I think about it I get this feeling of amazement and tranquility. It's sort of feels like its a place where I lived for thousands of years and I wish I could go back. Since the experience I have came across one source which said that these kind of waking dreams do happen on LSD, though they are rare, and usually take the form of either: A. Futuristic or Ancient civilizations or B. Dreams involving fractals. I was amazed and I finally realized what happend that night. After the dream, my mom tried to "wake me up" for school and I told her I didn't feel well and stayed home. I watched the movie "Groundhog Day" on TV while I came down and tried desperately to sleep because I was extremely tired and delirious. The movie had this glow to it and I feel like I was still having a waking dream when I was watching it. I feel asleep around 8:00 A.M. and when I woke up around 11:00 A.M., I noticed I wasn't tripping anymore. In the days I followed I felt an afterglow of depression. It went away after about a week.

I think this was one of the greatest LSD experiences I have ever had, even though I didn't think so at the time. It was a very, very unique experience and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a "waking dream" experience like this before.

Edited by LuSyD (05/27/07 12:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, Colorado, Michigan
Re: LSD: Waking dream [Re: LuSyD]
    #6972173 - 05/27/07 01:08 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Great report.

I recently had a waking dream. I had been doing some research on astral projection and waking dreams (in hopes of achieving one or the other), and in this eBook I was reading, it mentioned something about training yourself to be be more aware of what you're doing throughout the day, ie, to actually think about what you're doing and why you're doing it, rather than just.. doing it without thought.

Now to get on with my story.

I remember I was dreaming of driving down a local road in the middle of winter on a snowmobile with a friend in the dead of night, except the snowmobile had.. tires, somehow, and they needed air. So, we stopped at a gas station to fill them up, and for some reason my entire family was there, and I remember thinking, "What the hell..? Where'd they come from and how did they get here so fast? This has to be a dream."

And in that book I was reading, it said something about "jumping in the air," so I did just that. Sure enough, I jumped, and I was GONE. I remember floating through "space" at an incredible speed. It seemed like .. time didn't exist, partly because I was going so fast. I recall stars whirling past me, though they just seemed like blurs of white light in the midst of "space", and all the while I had an intense feeling of euphoria, and was also aware that this was me creating the experience. I knew that I was asleep, and though the "drift through infinity" lasted only 5-7 seconds, mostly because I got scared and woke myself up, it was incredible. I woke up and instantly began sweating. I haven't since been able to wake up in a dream, but I'd like to again. Being aware is the most important thing, it seems.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my short story. Wasn't much. Next time (if there is one), hopefully I won't get "scared" and wake myself up again.

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Offlinesafariplanet
Stranger

Re: LSD: Waking dream [Re: ProoN]
    #6972439 - 05/27/07 03:45 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Wow.. This is going to sound lame after those two stories but the timing of this topic couldn't have been better. I have developed this subconscience devoted to everything LSD (i.e. what would doing this be like on LSD, man I'm in a good mood for LSD..), and it crept into my dream this morning.

I woke up around 9 am only to fall back asleep after the sun was beaming into my room from its angle. Before I was about to wake up, I saw myself in my old house that I miss. My family had told me to come downstairs for dinner but the problem was that I had just dropped a tab that just magically appeared in my hands. Somehow the effects came on instantly and outside of my back door on the main floor was a thick majestic looking lavender/orange fog that had a beautiful pattern that I will never forget from my childhood (rising sun, picture the Japanese flag). I couldn't see any trees or grass or houses or anything just the most awe inspiring color I had ever seen. Then I got kind of scared because I remember thinking I was looking at a mushroom cloud from an atomic bomb, said I wasn't hungry, and went back up to my room.. Then I woke up..

OfflineLuSyD
Zembvoun-Vounauw
Male

#6973326 - 05/27/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ProoN said:
Great report.

I recently had a waking dream. I had been doing some research on astral projection and waking dreams (in hopes of achieving one or the other), and in this eBook I was reading, it mentioned something about training yourself to be be more aware of what you're doing throughout the day, ie, to actually think about what you're doing and why you're doing it, rather than just.. doing it without thought.

Now to get on with my story.

I remember I was dreaming of driving down a local road in the middle of winter on a snowmobile with a friend in the dead of night, except the snowmobile had.. tires, somehow, and they needed air. So, we stopped at a gas station to fill them up, and for some reason my entire family was there, and I remember thinking, "What the hell..? Where'd they come from and how did they get here so fast? This has to be a dream."

And in that book I was reading, it said something about "jumping in the air," so I did just that. Sure enough, I jumped, and I was GONE. I remember floating through "space" at an incredible speed. It seemed like .. time didn't exist, partly because I was going so fast. I recall stars whirling past me, though they just seemed like blurs of white light in the midst of "space", and all the while I had an intense feeling of euphoria, and was also aware that this was me creating the experience. I knew that I was asleep, and though the "drift through infinity" lasted only 5-7 seconds, mostly because I got scared and woke myself up, it was incredible. I woke up and instantly began sweating. I haven't since been able to wake up in a dream, but I'd like to again. Being aware is the most important thing, it seems.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my short story. Wasn't much. Next time (if there is one), hopefully I won't get "scared" and wake myself up again.

Interesting. What you experienced was not a waking dream but an experience known as "lucid dreaming". It means you know your dreaming and you can control all the aspects of your dream. Its another way to obtain a radically altered state of consciousness without the use of hallucinogenic drugs. There are many techniques you can use to help you have a lucid dream. One of the techniques that I like the most are "reality testers". One reality tester that I have found useful is to look at a clock during the day then look back at it and see if the time is different the second time you looked at it. If it is, you're dreaming. There are many different methods that can help you obtain a lucid dream. If you want to read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming
http://www.erowid.org/spirit/dreaming/dreaming.shtml
Good luck!

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, Colorado, Michigan
    #6974460 - 05/27/07 05:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ahh yeah. I had a misinterpretation, there. Guess I thought he was talking about a lucid dream.. and so was I. Got them confused for a second, I suppose. My bad.

One thing I'd like to mention, though. If any of you have $12-ish (check eBay) of spare cash laying around and are interested in astral projection (or the like), I'd recommend investing in a "Mindfold." I saw an interview with Alex Grey and he mentioned it while he was talking about a piece of his (Theologue).

It's basically just a type of blindfold that allows you to open your eyes, but see nothing but complete darkness.

Tripping or not, it'll help you "see things." Though, if you're not tripping, laying down while relaxing also works. It just takes a while to "get out there."

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

OfflineEthericOctopuss
One foot in, onefoot out
Male

#6974585 - 05/27/07 06:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yep-I have those mindfold goggles. Freakin bad-ass. You can stare into the abyss of COMPLETE darkness, with zero hint of light. The show is unreal on mushies. I have yet to try it with Lucy though.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #7023297 - 06/08/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

man, that thing was so long, I'm not trying to be rude. What part sums up the most of 'the waking dream' aspect. I'm just saying, like which line, or lines describe that, cuz this sounds really interesting to me.
Danel

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflineItzpointless
eh...
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ATL
Re: LSD: Waking dream [Re: imachavel]
    #7024832 - 06/08/07 11:51 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

wait...you tripped from around 10am...to 8am the next day?..

--------------------
Existence is no longer a riddle to be solved, but a mystery to behold.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies