Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Corn & Wheat Flour Substrates?
    #6069371 - 09/16/06 11:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

My roomate and I were brewing some homemade moonshine the last week. During the process of fermentation I had an idea. Often us mushroom growers use things like brown rice flour and wild bird seed flour as substrates. Also since I see people use things like popcorn or corn seed whatever you want to call it, as substrates using whole grains. Could it be feasable to think that corn meal or corn flour would work good as a substrate or at least an ingrediant in a substrate? I also have wheat flour in my kitchen and wheat is a grain that is widely used for many things.

Could Psilocybe Cubensis strains colonize and fruit using substrates such as these: Corn Flour and Wheat Flour?

Has anyone tried this or anyone seen not just heard of this being done? If so and the results are interesting I'd consider running a few experiments with both corn and wheat flour and testing their ability to birth,sustain, and fruit our favorite mushroom.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Re: Corn & Wheat Flour Substrates? [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #6069450 - 09/16/06 11:54 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Has no one tried this? I'm sure someone out there has got to have at least heard of this being tried? Well either way I'm intrigued at your silence so tomorrow I think I'm going to mix up some Coco Coir/Wheat Flour substrate.

My first coco coir/coffie ground/peat substrates today. They turned out awesome and I inoculated them today and I'll be sure to have pics of colonization and fruits in the future.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Invisibleesdfsfd
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6069480 - 09/17/06 12:03 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

try giving people more than 20 minutes to respond...plus its past 2am where i live...

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Re: Corn & Wheat Flour Substrates? [Re: esdfsfd]
    #6069546 - 09/17/06 12:26 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I congratulate you for living in the eastern time zone. Why reply if you have nothing of importance, usefulness, kindness, or at the very least critisism why say it?

--------------------

General Omar N. Bradley

OfflineAksar
Stranger
Male

#7022032 - 06/08/07 06:44 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure any grain will work just make sure it is organic. I will be trying out the organic wheat today on my new jars.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale