Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Lexapro, anyone?
    #7020496 - 06/07/07 07:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone been on it before?
I just got put on it and was wondering if it was any good or whatever.... just looking for input...

--------------------
"Where?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: SmokenBabyJesus] * 1
    #7021841 - 06/08/07 03:50 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

get off it. it will never help in the long run.

proper diet
exersize
sunlight
water
family/friends

and some times faith ( not just god) are all you really need.

--------------------

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: Hakim0777]
    #7022264 - 06/08/07 09:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

thanks...

--------------------
"Where?

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #7022437 - 06/08/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Anti-depressants just cover up problems, they don't fix them.

A lot of scientific evidence suggests that human beings need exposure to sunlight to avoid psychological conditions such as depression and irregular sleep patterns.

Seek refuge in the Dharma. Have no aversion. Nothing is better or worse, good or bad, right or wrong, white or black. There is no duality. The reason we suffer is because we forget that dualities are created by the mind, they are not real. Thoughts are impermanent.

I'd follow the last posters advice.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7023010 - 06/08/07 02:09 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Please don't let mislead online strangers determine if you stay on them, that is a decision for you and your doctor. Not some anti-science hippy with too much time on his/her hands.

Lexapro did not work for me. In fact SSRI's did not work for me. It's all up to personal body chemistry, and what works for one might not for another. I tried both Lexapro and Paxil and the side effects were too much. Feel it out, if the side effects are minimal, I would say stick it out for a month. If they become too much, it's time to try something else. Wellbutrin finally worked for me, and it saved my life.

Good luck.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7023162 - 06/08/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hippy? Im sorry I think your mistaken. I like Tv. And I like chaos from time to time. I think im pretty fucking far from a hippy.

"Chemical Imbalance" is nothing but fancy words. The reason you have and under production of serotonin is be cause you your self are not producing it.

SSRI's MAOI's SSMI's etc

all bad. tell me why so many have been recalled.

Ive been on

prozac
remmeron
strattera
Celexa

they all fuck you up. they work for a bit...and then just stop. When they do doctors are like oh heres a new drug.

trust me theres a very basic reason why your depressed. Dont overlook it or coat it with poison.

--------------------

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7023260 - 06/08/07 03:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Let me clarify. They all fuck YOU up. Everyone's brain chemistry is different. Quit portraying your negative views based on your own negative experiences. I experience no side effects on Wellbutrin and I have yet to slip back into the hole in which it helped me out of. I have been on for over a year now.

Things like excerise, sunlight, etc. are fine for someone who hasn't hit a wall yet or is taking an anti and already knows the warning signs of depression. Please try to understand depression before you go blabbing your mouth about how evil mental medication is.

and I agree with you on one point. Therapy is important to overcoming depression. Taken safely, medication is not poison. Sorry, but you are obviously an extremist hippy.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Edited by DrCamacho89 (06/08/07 03:40 PM)

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7023296 - 06/08/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

understand depression??? Um how about ive been diagnosed with depression since i was about 7? Ive had just aobut evey family abandon me? how about I was a suicidal runaway ages 13-16? How about my best friend is fucking my ex? or how I dont get to see my baby.?

dont talk like i dont know depression lol.

In my experience with medication the best thing that helped me was counseling and getting out of the house.

im serious start jogging and tell me you dont feel like a million bucks.

Im not some fucking hippy I have a job and im fucking glad. I guess you can say im a little extreme on my political vies exp when it comes to FDC and shit.

But I am republican???I dont really know how that translates into hippy but peaaace man.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#7023365 - 06/08/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I asked someone taking lexapro how they like it (for bipolar) and they said, "it helps but the side effects suck."

SSRI's can be very helpful for some and not for others, they work differently for everyone.
If you are going to take medication which, contrary to what of some of these tree hugging holisitic remedy guru freaks here would say :rofl:, can be very helpful and possibly produce some positive, permanent neurological changes, it would be advised that you also see a therapist to help you better cope with your emotions and develop new cognitive coping strategies...

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7023374 - 06/08/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry about all your problems. I have a list too, that I"m not feeling like going into at the moment. I'm not saying you don't have depression, I'm just wondering how much you understand about it. That's all.

I never see the point in telling someone not to go on medication if they're sick. You're not a doctor, only a person who has had bad past experiences with anti-depressants. Many people credit these medications with saving their lives, meaning they may have prevented a large amount of suicides throughout the years. The medication doesn't "cure" depression like some may want it to, however it gives the patient a perspective and helps prepare them for and stave off future bouts from coming on.

--------------------

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: badreligion2good]
    #7024332 - 06/08/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!! what is UP BR2G?

I hear your a Hippy? ha ha ha damn hippy...:lol:

anyways I only have a months supply...

So far the only thing it has done is cause stomach pain...

and my eyes are "wierd" says my gf....

they also gave me Ambien cause I can't sleep..
But that didn't do anything but bug me out for an hour..

--------------------
"Where?

Edited by SmokenBabyJesus (06/09/07 12:30 AM)

InvisibleZepplin
journeyman
 User Gallery

#7036889 - 06/12/07 06:15 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm really amazed at the number of people that think depression is caused from external sources. ex: girlfriend leaving, dog dying, etc.
These are all reasons to be depressed for sure, but they have nothing to do with clinical depression. I'm not saying that anyone of you are giving bad advise, but it seems some of you are misinformed. Safe advise for any type of depression is exercise, diet, sun, family,etc. But I wouldn't try and talk someone out of taking an antidepressant. They didn't work for me,but I've known people that they do work for. Maybe the person you're trying to talk out of taking an SSRI is on the verge of suicide.. who knows. I just hope the person asking for advise will also take into account the nature of the forum he's on and make his/her decision based on other factors and advise as well.

Offlinegreeniyedgirl
Bo Dodakeski
Female

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: Zepplin]
    #7040903 - 06/13/07 05:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Why do you think you are depressed SBJ?

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: greeniyedgirl]
    #7041871 - 06/13/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not a hippie.

I was on Zoloft for nearly a year. I know others who have been on SSRI's.

I know the pharmaceutical companies want to make money, and I know that their investors want them to make money too. I know that there are many "depressed" people in the U.S. because our culture causes us to search for happiness in all the wrong places. I know that American culture is very interested in instant gratification, and these drugs promise a quick fix for our own mental defilements. The thing is, these drugs don't allow us to confront everything negative about ourselves which makes us unhappy, instead they distract us from the problems. Drug companies are capitalizing on our delusion.

Realizing that you, and just about everyone around you is a delusional nut case is not something exclusive to hippies. In fact, Buddhists have been relearning this for more than 2 centuries.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus

#7042991 - 06/13/07 05:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Buddhist... AKA What Hippies wanna be..

--------------------
"Where?

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7046016 - 06/14/07 12:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

badreligion2good said:
I know that American culture is very interested in instant gratification, and these drugs promise a quick fix for our own mental defilements. The thing is, these drugs don't allow us to confront everything negative about ourselves which makes us unhappy, instead they distract us from the problems. Drug companies are capitalizing on our delusion.

The thing is, when you're severely depressed, it is nearly impossible to confront the reasons which may have lead to the bout because the brain cannot function properly. I don't think the drugs promise a quick fix, however they help align the brain chemistry so that it can function in a way where the patient can actually focus and work out issues logically and based in reality. When you're lost in a bout, the mind becomes a haze of confusion and distortion of reality. Like I stated previously, drugs are not a "cure", but more of a way for us to think clearly enough to be able to work to the root of the problem and prevent future bouts. Just like shrooms or pot, there will always be those taking them for distractionary purposes. However, if you utilize anti-depressents for what they are; a tool for self help, they can be quite beneficial to those suffering from the [i]illness of depression

--------------------

Edited by DrCamacho89 (06/14/07 01:00 PM)

Offlinegreeniyedgirl
Bo Dodakeski
Female

#7048342 - 06/15/07 01:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

SBJ!!!!!
BR2G!!!!

:matrix2:

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#7049346 - 06/15/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have a friend who has sexual troubles and tremors because of a SSRI. In my opinion, there are just too many side effects and not enough clinical evidence supporting its use - I would stay away from it.

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #7051670 - 06/16/07 12:11 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It takes me forever to cum when I have sex..

--------------------
"Where?

Offlinegreeniyedgirl
Bo Dodakeski
Female

#7051736 - 06/16/07 12:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I dont cum all the time or even feel much sometimes..

and its only on drugs.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: greeniyedgirl]
    #7071305 - 06/20/07 07:10 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

SmokinBabyJesus, based on my personal experiences, I would recommend taking against taking Lexapro. I took Lexapro for two separate periods of time in my life, and it essential did nothing positive for depression or anxiety... besides seemingly heighten it.

Side effects were a bitch.

Coming off of it was even worse.

Like DrCamacho89 stated, taking medication is a descision for you and your doctor to take, but if I had it other way, I would have never allowed those damn Lexapro pills to enter my esophagus. What are you taking it for?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: Society]
    #7073683 - 06/21/07 04:45 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

"depression" or as I see it a lack of care and ambition..

--------------------
"Where?

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7074198 - 06/21/07 08:51 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

For me, it was caring too much and over ambition. I started concentrating on every shitty thing that kept happening to me, and because of it I could see my longterm goals getting away from me. I then made every attempt to "control" my situation, work harder, keep busting through, but there came a point when my brain wouldn't let me. The spiral had gotten too deep, and I could no longer think logically, precisely, in order, within reason. I had become sick.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do...

--------------------

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus

#7074315 - 06/21/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah.. thanks man..

--------------------
"Where?

Invisiblefearfect

Loc: Flag
    #7074978 - 06/21/07 12:09 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i was prescribed lexapro today. a small amount (5mg). i have been seeing a psychologist and a MD for sleep disorders and high blood pressure associated with stress, depression and anxiety. my doctor said she does not like giving medication for things like this but that she has seen lexapro help with the panic attacks people like me have. she said for major depression symptoms lexapro can help but when treatment is stopped, about 85% of people relapse.

i am also taking ambien for the nights i feel to depressed to fall asleep. there is nothing i can attribute it to. my baseline and normal mood is kind of zombielike. i often find myself blurring my eyes and just shutting off my brain. coupled with random adrenaline rushing, heart fluttering, panic attacks, my body feels like road kill. i have been eating healthy and thanks to the ambien getting a good 8 hours of sleep almost every night. i've been following behavioral advice from my psychologist. but my mood swings have just been too much. my constant drumming headaches and anxiousness towards people in general makes me feel awful.

i just want to have a normal baseline mood. i don't want to be happy all the time. i just want to not have this underlying sinking feeling all the time. any way, i guess i'll report in the weeks to come.

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus

Re: Lexapro, anyone? [Re: fearfect]
    #7074992 - 06/21/07 12:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah... i'm still waiting to see what the lexapro does to me...
my doc gave me ambien but that stuff does nothing for my sleeping problems...

--------------------
"Where?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals