Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnaximander
Stranger
Male
Psilocybe Cubensis - Don't Try To Nap on 3.5g
    #6991758 - 05/31/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Some time ago, SWIM was fortunate enough to come across a quarter
ounce of some delicious psilocybe cubensis mushrooms. Now, these came
from a very trusted source, who sells some of the finest herb in town,
so he had no doubts as to these shrooms' legitimacy and potency. After
testing out 1.5g at a beach bonfire and quite enjoying the sample low dose, SWIM decided to wake up at 7 a.m. one fine morning and eat 3.5 grams for breakfast, along with a bit of organic peanut butter and a carton of orange juice to help 'em down the hatch.

Overall, it was a wonderful, intense, moving experience. SWIM went for a walk around his neighborhood after dosing and watched the world wake up. He was absolutely entranced by the warmth of the morning sun, the multitudes of birds singing and chirping, the vibrancy of a new day...ahh. SWIM is pretty sure he was a strange sight, walking as slowly as he was and stopping to stare at the way the leaves of a tree wafted in the wind or sitting on the ground because he wanted to commune with the ants. Enjoying himself immensely, SWIM proceeded to wave at everyone he saw, smiling peacefully with that warm, almost carefree sense of well-being that comes with this wonderful fungus.

The expected nausea and slight stomach discomfort hit right after SWIM got back from his walk, about an hour and a half after the psychedelic breakfast. Fortunately, SWIM was too busy staring at the grain patterns in his newly cleaned hardwood floors to let it bother him. They were beautiful. Melting, dripping, vibrating...for about 20 minutes the floor and the Persian rug which covered half of it captured his absolute attention. There really is nothing like bright, colorful intricately patterned rugs or abstract paintings while shrooming, SWIM says.

A bit later, still tripping his face off, he put on some Carbon Based Lifeforms and immersed himself in the music for awhile. SWIM is not so much for ambient chillout while sober or stoned, but it does seem to mesh perfectly with the psilocybin experience.

Here's where shit gets weird.

After putting aside his CD player, for some reason SWIM decided to lay down on his bed and rest for a bit. The nausea was getting to be a bit much even as his trip seemed to be peaking. He ended up drifting off into a sort of light doze, 3/4 asleep and 1/4 awake. SWIM has never been anything but wide awake while tripping, so this was new to him.

During this doze, which was surprisingly like a major opiate nod (SWIM kept drifting in and out), he was experiencing some intensely strange almost-dreams/nightmares. In each, he was attempting to talk to someone he knew (SWIM can't remember who, but they were apparently all friends or acquaintances of his). However, when they tried to respond, the only thing that came out of their mouths sounded like a horribly scratched CD, where it skips badly and repeats one sound over and over. This was quite frightening and disturbing to SWIM, and he kept trying to talk to these people, only to be screeched and bleated at in this horribly loud, blatting, sharp and repetitive tones. SWIM became agitated and frustrated in these dreams, and though he drifted to near-wakefulness at a few points, he couldn't seem to fully wake up for awhile, and continued to drift in and out of some very disturbing images of distorted faces and headache-inducing, stuttering, skipping speech. This was the only negative part of the trip, and the only semblance of a “bad trip” SWIM has ever had on this particular psychedelic.

SWIM’s sense of time was extremely distorted throughout this entire experience, as per the norm, but he kept looking at the clock in order to be able to document it approximately. SWIM believes he woke up from this nightmare trip-dream after about an hour, and proceeded to thoroughly enjoy the rest of his trip and especially the wonderful come-down that mushrooms lovingly give one.

SWIM was in an amazing mood for the rest of the day, and everyone he spent time with remarked on his clearly evident extra-sensitivity, lucidity, and happiness. He suspects that the after-effects, which are ALWAYS pleasant with mushrooms, were even better because of this strange, disturbing experience during my journey. SWIM would almost compare it to the way one feels after an intense Salvia extract voyage, though he remarks that that afterglow always feels more like relief and less like enlightenment.

SWIM is curious if anyone else has fallen asleep during a decently-sized dose of mushrooms and had some kind of similar distorted experience while dreaming.

Thanks for reading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cubensis - Don't Try To Nap on 3.5g [Re: Anaximander]
    #6992507 - 05/31/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anaximander said:
.... were even better because of this strange, disturbing experience during my journey. SWIM would ......

:P

Sounds like an interesting trip. :cool:

Offlinepscillyme
Stranger

Re: Psilocybe Cubensis - Don't Try To Nap on 3.5g [Re: TTT]
    #6992646 - 05/31/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

HA!... caught that too TTT

OfflineAnaximander
Stranger
Male
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis - Don't Try To Nap on 3.5g [Re: TTT]
    #6993871 - 05/31/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TTT said:
Quote:

Anaximander said:
.... were even better because of this strange, disturbing experience during my journey. SWIM would ......

:P

Sounds like an interesting trip. :cool:

hahaha...fuck. Thanks for pointing that out. Guess I got lazy..though it's not like SWIM is a legal protection or anything. Habit I guess. Ahh well. Yes it was a wonderful trip. :-D

Edited by Anaximander (05/31/07 10:47 PM)

OfflinePlatformStrange
Most Ancient
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The most ancient county o... Flag
SLEEP: Maybe a collective study ? [Re: Anaximander]
    #6996164 - 06/01/07 03:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anaximander said:
SWIM is curious if anyone else has fallen asleep during a decently-sized dose of mushrooms and had some kind of similar distorted experience while dreaming.

Yes.... a very different one.
Not a dream though.
The point where you would normally pass through from the waking to the unconscious (eyes close, head nods, nice feeling usually), was as if an electric charge (physical) and blinding cev's/oev's (I'm not sure) happened.

This was slightly preceded by a sound which i can only describe as high pitched getting higher and louder for a few seconds, (flash and charge happened at peak noise level) then fading off, thudding and pulsing (like an old echorec pedal)
At that point reality appeared, but vibrating at the same frequency as the fading sound.
Amazing to look back on, beautifully terrifying at the same time.

TRULY brain shuddering

Dose, 3g dried libertys (tea)
Set, alone, sofa.

--------------------
==================================================
"Confusion is when neither of your feet are left and your trousers have infinite sides each of which has infinite surfaces."
"Do i need trousers where I'm going?"
"NO, GOOD LUCK SOLDIER"

Offlinemailleman
cor blimey

Re: SLEEP: Maybe a collective study ? [Re: PlatformStrange]
    #6996848 - 06/01/07 07:37 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

On my first shroom trip(5.3g cubensis) i fell asleep, or at least that is what i believe. I was suffering a diabetic hypoglycaemia(low blood sugar level) at the time. After taking some sugar i waited for my blood sugar to rise and drifted off.

I didn't dream, instead i was conscious of being asleep, like my spirit exited my body and i was watching myself. I could also feel and hear myself breathing in a slow but pronouced manner. I was out in the woods lying on the ground and was suddenly awoken by a very small insect crawling across my hand. I estimate that my nap lasted about ten minutes. (Even considering my hypo this turned out to be a great first trip by the way.)

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
Re: SLEEP: Maybe a collective study ? [Re: mailleman]
    #7002228 - 06/03/07 03:45 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

this same exact thing has happened to me on about 3.5g's, i would fall asleep see terrifying/terrific dreams/nightmares, and when i fell asleep i would have one and jolt back into awakeness, really strange experience,

peace out

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

Re: SLEEP: Maybe a collective study ? [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7019377 - 06/07/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I find it impossible to fall asleep.

But there are certainly some interesting states of minds you can acquire from mushrooms during rest.

SWIM also might of had an ego-loss. And he weren't able to recall much of it due to its intensity.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract