Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Primer - teh movie. Don't worry about the spoiler.
    #7018755 - 06/07/07 10:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So, uh... yeah. I guess I liked it, reminds me of my salvia experiences.

Check out some the info from wiki:

Timeline 7
At 8:45 a.m. on Thursday morning Abe (3) and Aaron (4) start 15-minute timers on the first (0) and second (0) machines respectively and leave for the hotel. At 9:00 a.m. the boxes activate and Abe (4) and Aaron (5) exit. Aaron (5) watches television and Abe (4) eats muffins as they casually trade stocks that day. At 2:00 p.m. Aaron (5) gets a phone call which he had received in the hotel in timeline 6. The way that Aaron and Abe explain that cell phones work in the movie means that his double at the hotel does not get the call in timeline 6. At 4:45 p.m. that afternoon Abe (4) starts a 15-minute timer on the first (0) and second (0) boxes, to experiment with paradoxes, and leaves the facility. At 5:00 p.m. the boxes start. At 10:00 p.m. that night Mr. Granger (0) finds and enters one of those boxes (0) creating timeline 8.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
Re: Primer - teh movie. Don't worry about the spoiler. [Re: schmutzen]
    #7018762 - 06/07/07 10:30 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Y'know, they could've left a 1/2hr out of that movie.....just for EFFECT. :strokebeard:

Invisiblebreakableweed
Stranger

Loc: the road to awe
    #7018764 - 06/07/07 10:30 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I replied to another thread recently in which people were discussing this film alongside The Fountain - I will copy and paste my response:

Primer really made me kind of angry. I thought it was very pretentious. It did not feel like a $7000 film, I will say that to its credit, but all in all it pretends to be an intellectual, realistic approach to the idea of time travel through math and science when all it really does is dance around a big question mark that it never really comes close to answering and dazzles you with narrative fractures and a keen aesthetic sense to distract you from that fact.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Re: Primer - teh movie. Don't worry about the spoiler. [Re: slackophage]
    #7018799 - 06/07/07 10:40 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:
Y'know, they could've left a 1/2hr out of that movie.....just for EFFECT. :strokebeard:

:lol:

breakableweed, what was the question mark they were dancing around in your opinion?  I like your review and I must say that I enjoyed Back to the Future on a much greater level.

--------------------

Invisiblebreakableweed
Stranger

#7018804 - 06/07/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The question mark was the way everything actually worked, the way the machine worked, what was actually HAPPENING! They had no idea how to realistically explain it, and they accepted that, but I think they could have done a better job dancing around it.

Hell maybe I was just too damn stoned.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Re: Primer - teh movie. Don't worry about the spoiler. [Re: breakableweed]
    #7018818 - 06/07/07 10:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think you were too stoned, they never did explain anything... sometimes I like movies that are open to interpretation and sometimes I don't. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblebreakableweed
Stranger

#7018831 - 06/07/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You know I watched that and Fountain on the same day - I had seen the Fountain once or twice before already, and as far as movies open to interpretation go, I definitely preferred the Fountain. In fact, I have become severely obsessed since that viewing. Please refer to my avatar. :smile:

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

#7018860 - 06/07/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yep, I noticed ole Tommy over there. :smile:  I definately liked the Fountain better as well.

--------------------

Invisiblebreakableweed
Stranger

#7018872 - 06/07/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"It is the hardest job I've worked and by far the most satisfying. Darren wants blood. As a director, he is very much inside my head."
— Hugh Jackman on his experience filming The Fountain

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

#7018906 - 06/07/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

One of the things I liked about it was that Thomas reminded me a lot of Alan Alda's character on Mash. :grin:

I don't know if you have experience with Salvia and DMT, but that movie got me to thinking that Salvia is the Tree of Knowledge and DMT is the Tree of Life.

On the subject of Primer; a book I read called Entering The Cirlce delt with building a machine that would let one travel to another dimension.  I have become obsessed with the information found in this book as it correlates with events happening in the real world, and the plot is understandable.  It's a pretty short read, you should give it a go.  :thumbup:

Quote:

From Library Journal
A sort of autobiographical adventure, this book describes Kharitidi's mystical experiences in the Altai Mountains in Siberia. When a friend asked her to come along and observe a healing ceremony there, the perceptions of the Soviet-trained psychiatrist suddenly and drastically changed. Kharitidi's whole belief system was shaken with the help of Umai the shaman/teacher, whose wisdom is imparted through dreams. The author set out to broaden the base of this knowledge and met a prestigious physicist who also experiments with time/space studies and filled in some of the gaps in Kharitidi's knowledge. Now committed to sharing her new-found understanding, Kharitidi has moved to New Mexico and lectures all over the world. This BOMC selection is backed by a heavy marketing campaign sure to draw attention and belongs in libraries where Deepak Chopra's works are popular.?Lisa S. Wise, Broome Cty. P.L., Birmingham, N.Y.

http://www.amazon.com/Entering-Circle-Siberian-Discovered-Psychiatrist/dp/0062514172

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom