Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings
    #7004383 - 06/03/07 06:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So here's the pictures of two loph sproutlings. There are now three of them that have sprouted up and those two only took about a week to sprout. There are two of these in one pot and one in another and I'm waiting to see whether more will come to life after the 2 week mark.

Anyhow my problem is that the larger of the two has now hit the plastic wrap that is covering it to keep in humidity and is starting to go sideways a little. I was wondering if this is a big issue...seems like it's not a great thing to have happen. I will most likely not mess with it and just see what happens unless the other two seedlings end up doing this as well.

Here's the pictures...they were taken about 4 days ago before the third one sprouted up...it's very difficult to take pictures of these things since they're underneath saran wrap.

UPDATE 6/25/07:
Hey I updated the pics at the bottom but figured I might as well put them up here...don't think it'll take you extra time to load the pics or anything so:

--------------------

Edited by PoC (06/25/07 11:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: PoC]
    #7004518 - 06/03/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

nice. can you legally get those seeds in the US?

--------------------

InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #7004586 - 06/03/07 06:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Sadly no.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: ApacheShaman]
    #7004602 - 06/03/07 07:00 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

fuckin bastards.

--------------------

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #7004610 - 06/03/07 07:01 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

just put a small stick or something into the dirt in the middle to make the plastic wrap more like a circus tent...it will keep the humidity up, and add an inch or so of room for the growing babies...

peace

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: supra]
    #7004731 - 06/03/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hrm that's an idea. Would it be counterproductive to just go ahead and do that now? I feel like I have everything pretty sterile right now and I don't want to open it up if I don't have to, though I could use my glovebox to do it.

--------------------

InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7004776 - 06/03/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sterility isn't THAT big of problem. i didn't take ANY sterility measures when i grew my cactus from seed and Ive had no problems thus far. and they are almost an inch tall.

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #7005276 - 06/03/07 09:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
Quote:

LSDevin said:
Sadly no.

Pretty sure places will ship them to you though. I just ordered 20 Lophophora Williamsii seeds from a certain ethnobotanical supplier online.

--------------------

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: Cakes]
    #7005380 - 06/03/07 09:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

^ i know a site that will ship the actual plants to the US but im not giving it out....too precious.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#7005729 - 06/03/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDevin said:
sterility isn't THAT big of problem. i didn't take ANY sterility measures when i grew my cactus from seed and Ive had no problems thus far. and they are almost an inch tall.

Does this apply as well when air circulation is cut off with the saran wrap over the pot method? I don't have any past experience with growing cactii, and coming from mush growing it seems like any nutritive material without air flow can get easily contaminated. I also smoke indoors here, which further worries me about sterility issues.

Thanks for your post and I hope you have a response to help me out.

--------------------

InvisibleWilliamsii
Explorer

#7006469 - 06/04/07 05:54 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Are you sure you're giving them enough light. They might be stretching out like that because they are searching for light.

As for contams, LSDevin is right. It's not that much of a big deal. If you do get something growing there that you don't want just spray it with some fungicide and if you get sciarid flies, some insecticide. Just make sure you stop using the nasty chemicals once they have passed the seedling stage if you intend to harvest the Peyote. You can leave moss as it will happily grow alongside williamsii seedlings.

InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: Williamsii]
    #7006641 - 06/04/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Williamsii said:
Are you sure you're giving them enough light. They might be stretching out like that because they are searching for light.

As for contams, LSDevin is right. It's not that much of a big deal. If you do get something growing there that you don't want just spray it with some fungicide and if you get sciarid flies, some insecticide. Just make sure you stop using the nasty chemicals once they have passed the seedling stage if you intend to harvest the Peyote. You can leave moss as it will happily grow alongside williamsii seedlings.

there is some good info in there^^^

That’s correct but to be safe I wouldn’t use any chems. I normally just let everything grow along beside it and then after awhile I transplant em into one big pot and forget about humidity. I used it have a little plastic note card box that I would sprout the cactus in, and right when I see spines I like to repot em. Don’t worry about contams; they most likely wont kill any thing. And if it stats to look bad CARFULLY change out the soil. They are VERY fragile at this stage w/o a taproot.

EDIT: about the light, i would rather have streching then reding.

Edited by LSDevin (06/04/07 07:43 AM)

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#7006645 - 06/04/07 07:43 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PatternOfChaos said:
Hrm that's an idea. Would it be counterproductive to just go ahead and do that now? I feel like I have everything pretty sterile right now and I don't want to open it up if I don't have to, though I could use my glovebox to do it.

This isn't mushrooms.

InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7006648 - 06/04/07 07:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cakes said:
Quote:

leftysurprise said:
Quote:

LSDevin said:
Sadly no.

Pretty sure places will ship them to you though. I just ordered 20 Lophophora Williamsii seeds from a certain ethnobotanical supplier online.

yes but wont most place put on thier package what they are shipping?

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#7006806 - 06/04/07 09:18 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hey thanks for the information everyone. It's really nice to get some people with experience growing cactii's opinions. I probably do need to get a light dedicated to these guys...I meant to but am so poor right now. That being said it could go on today's itinerary for things to do.

I will take care to put a stick or something in my soil...I'm a little weary of it because of how fragile the things seem and I'm still hoping more will sprout...as well the one that has grown tallest is right about in the middle of the pot, but I'll figure it out.

Any more input would be awesome if there's any to be had. I will make sure to post some updated pictures that include all the sproutlings and also hopefully when I get it all set up a little nicer.

EDIT: By the way, I have no seeds to send anyone...I've gotten many PMs about this and I'm sorry but there are none left. They are VERY small and not uniquely identifiable though, so you might have good luck looking out of country for them.

--------------------

InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7006851 - 06/04/07 09:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

cool, keep us updated. im very interested as to what they will look like in a month or so.

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
    #7008144 - 06/04/07 02:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDevin said:
Quote:

Cakes said:
Quote:

leftysurprise said:
Quote:

LSDevin said:
Sadly no.

yes but wont most place put on thier package what they are shipping?

I would hope the vendor is smart enough to not do that...

--------------------

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#7090547 - 06/25/07 11:37 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well it's been a while...a little less than a month since those first pictures and I thought I'd update since LSDevin said he'd like to see pics. They've all got tiny spikes on them now and I've been poking a few holes in the saran wrap to acclimate them. The one really stretched loph has gotten more upright and all of them have shrunk a little when they got their spines. See what you think.

BTW: Sorry for the poor quality pictures...it's very difficult to take pictures of these guys.

--------------------

Edited by PoC (06/25/07 11:44 AM)

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Lophophora Williamsii Seedlings [Re: highdroponics]
    #7090768 - 06/25/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
^ i know a site that will ship the actual plants to the US but im not giving it out....too precious.

yeah, oversea suupliers will do it. You know that drug smugglers have been know to use the US postal system to smuggle drugs into to country. Now adays, you can ship and recieve almost anything.

InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7242714 - 07/31/07 07:12 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PatternOfChaos said:
Well it's been a while...a little less than a month since those first pictures and I thought I'd update since LSDevin said he'd like to see pics. They've all got tiny spikes on them now and I've been poking a few holes in the saran wrap to acclimate them. The one really stretched loph has gotten more upright and all of them have shrunk a little when they got their spines. See what you think.

BTW: Sorry for the poor quality pictures...it's very difficult to take pictures of these guys.

they are looking good in these pics. how are they doing? still alive? you dont have to post ics unless you want to i was just wondering if things went ok.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck