Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Meth lab Mexican style
    #6961629 - 05/24/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Meth lab Mexican style
May 24, 2007 - thepeterboroughexaminer.com

Most who pass through this city see it as a dreary industrial satellite of Mexico City, an obstacle on their way to far more beautiful places, but its very dreariness as well as other attributes have made it a place where a new and alarming approach to the international drug trade is quietly fermenting.

Mexican authorities are understandably upset that their country has become deeply involved with the seemingly insatiable appetite of Americans for cocaine, which originates in South America but passes through Mexico.

But they are now having to face a new reality: that their national territory may not simply be a conduit but a point of origin, and for an addictive substance arguably more profitable and dangerous even than cocaine: crystal methamphetamine.

An indicator of the potential scope of the enterprise is the US$205-million seized from a private house in the elegant Las Lomas area of Mexico City, the home of a naturalized Mexican of Chinese origin, Zhenli Ye Gon, who seems to have vanished rather than explain his need to have quite so much cash on hand.

Mexico's Attorney General offers a coherent explanation: Ye Gon was preparing to build a 150,000-square-foot factory in Toluca to manufacture sufficient amphetamine to supply up to 80 per cent of the estimated American market.

To do this he had imported eight state-of-the-art pill manufacturing machines and 60 tons of pseudoephedrine, a pharmaceutical often used as a precursor of methamphetamine.

Like any good businessman, he had arranged for premises in San Pedro Totoltepec industrial park, where one more boxy warehouse/factory with big trucks coming and going would attract no attention.

His machines were made by Fette GMBH, a highly respectable German enterprise, and each had the capacity to make up to 50,000 pills per hour, or about 360,000 pills per day assuming he complied with the labour code.

At full production these machines could have produced almost 3-million pills a day, worth an estimated US$14-million on the wholesale black market.

His raw material came from China by way of Long Beach, California and passed on through the Mexican Pacific ports of Manzanillo and Lazaro Cardenas, a purely industrial port with very strict security arrangements where the first 19 tons of pseudoephedrine were seized. Ye Gon's machines were imported through the Gulf port of Veracruz, apparently attracting no attention.

One of the considerations of which the Mexican authorities are all too aware is that the profits of the drug trade are so great that its participants are quite prepared to murder to protect them, and to emphasize the deaths by very gruesome techniques: decapitation is now common.

Death tolls have been as many as 21 in a single day. Many are gangsters killing each other for some marginal advantage, but many are police - either for not being corrupt, or for being insufficiently corrupt - and some are simply innocent by-standers.

Particularly along the northern border, worried business leaders are pointing out that foreign direct investments are shrinking, because of concerns that cross-border shipments will not only be delayed by extra security, but that drivers may be in fear of their lives.

A concern of the Mexican authorities is that of the eight machines imported by Ye Gon, only one is accounted for. The other seven could be anywhere, stashed in some other industrial park, waiting for a further shipment of pseudoephedrine through some busy port with overworked or overbribed officials.

Whether Ye Gon is personally still active is unknown, but a man who can walk away from US$205-million and a luxury home is clearly a formidable force.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Re: Meth lab Mexican style [Re: veggie]
    #6961731 - 05/24/07 01:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Why the hell would anyone make pills out of pseudoephedrine powder?
If the intent was to make CRANK with it anyway.
I would wager, the pill machines were for making "E" tabs. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinefungusfun1
DayTripper

Loc: Out There
Re: Meth lab Mexican style [Re: agar]
    #6962468 - 05/24/07 06:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

wow awesome story...he shoulda used some more of that $205 mil for bribes, lol...

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Meth lab Mexican style [Re: fungusfun1]
    #6962648 - 05/24/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

No wonder, they talk so fast.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Meth lab Mexican style [Re: Brainiac]
    #6962818 - 05/24/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yea....I don't quite get the need for pill machines if the intent is to make crystal.
Could someone enlighten me, please?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Meth lab Mexican style [Re: agar]
    #6993673 - 05/31/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
Why the hell would anyone make pills out of pseudoephedrine powder?
If the intent was to make CRANK with it anyway.
I would wager, the pill machines were for making "E" tabs. :rolleyes:

Why don't you think he'd be making speed?

Just because he's pressing it into pills? Isn't this the preferred method of ingesting (Meth)amphetamine in Asia?

I mean...I dont really see him needing 16 TONS of Psuedoephedrine if he is making X.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleMrKite1
Cosmo

Loc: AK
Re: Meth lab Mexican style [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6994427 - 06/01/07 04:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure he is implying that a flood of these methamphetamine tablets may make it to the street under the guise of ecstasy.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: Meth lab Mexican style [Re: MrKite1]
    #7001160 - 06/02/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think the editor thinks a pill machine has a knob on it that you can set to make any drug you want and pop it out in pill form...

a pill press is just very basic hydraulics anyways. They act like its a nuclear weapon that the government tracks.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom