Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
Self-SacrificingPotency Tester
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
RogerRabbit's Rye Tek * 8
    #7000595 - 06/02/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
My rye tek:
Measure out your organic rye berries from a health food store, one cup for each quart jar you intend to make. Place them in a large pot. Rinse the heck out of them. Fill the pot with hot tap water, shake and swirl it around and pour it out. Do this three or four times until the water you pour out is clear. You'll be able to see when you have nice clean water to pour off instead of water filled with chaff and dirt.

You want to now cover the rye berries with three times as much hot tap water as you have rye. Use half coffee and half plain water. In other words, if you have two inches of rye in the bottom of your pan, you should have six inches of water/coffee above that, for a total of 8 inches.  Add approximately a 1/4 teaspoon of gypsum per cup of rye. Stir these into the water/grain well. For my large kettle with ten cups of rye and two to three gallons of water, or (coffee/water)I add a tablespoon of gypsum and mix in. Cover and leave this to sit for 6-24 hours.

Stir well and set the pot on the stove. Bring to a boil. Boil for ten minutes, then, WHILE BOILING, drain the contents through a very large colander. (spaghetti strainer) If you're making a large batch, you may need more than one colander. Tip the colander side to side to get the rye to drain as much of the water as you can. Then, shake the colander in order to 'toss' the grain. This will cause a lot of steam to rise from your rye. Great. Do this a time or two, then let it sit for five minutes, then repeat. When all the moisture that will drip or evaporate from your rye has already done so, load your jars. The rye should look and feel dry to the touch when you load the jars. All the moisture you need is inside the grain.

Fill jars no more than 2/3 full if they are to receive grain to grain transfers, or no more than 3/4 full if they are to be inoculated by spore syringe or agar wedge. Use a lid with a synthetic filter disk, polyfill, tyvek or similar. Cover with foil and PC the jars for at least 90 minutes at 15lbs. I use 120 minutes. When the jars are cool, they're ready to inoculate.

This is the procedure that's demonstrated on my DVD.
RR

Edited by RogerRabbit (10/17/09 06:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: GoodbyeOrb] * 1
    #7000602 - 06/02/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, just like on the DVD, except when talking about soaking, he just says to use hot water with tablespoon of gypsum. I don't think he mentions coffee, and I watched twice now.

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: myndreach] * 1
    #7000611 - 06/02/07 04:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Eh, i just started this thread so that i could post a link in my damn signature, as I quote him on this all the fricken' time. I really need to get one of those vids, i just can't bring myself to part with $40 right now.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7000638 - 06/02/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:-) I hear you. It's a bit pricey for sure, for 2 DVDs...considering the almost $10 shipping also...even after the $10 discount it comes to like $47 or so.

I think it's a great way to support someone that gives a ton to this community though. I had some spare cash, so laid it down. It was definitely worth it as well.

The part where he "gloats" over his perfectly prepared rye jars is funny...what a geek! I love it, just like me, lol.

It's nice to see him joking around; he always seems so serious in most of the videos and here on the forums lol.

I want to know where he got all the music from, it's strangely fitting to the whole video.

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7000656 - 06/02/07 04:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I totally hear you, and, as soon as I have spare cash, mine will be on the way.

Given that he is selling the DVD's, he either is in a band, or has a friend in a band, that recorded all of the songs, because he would face infringement if he had not gotten permission. (Which leads me to believe he knows someone that plays)

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7000739 - 06/02/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, or there are some places where you can get "stock" instrumental music of various genres, that you pay a small fee for a license to use them as you see fit.

OfflineNo0dLeMicE
F*ck ForVirginity
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BatCountry
    #7001283 - 06/02/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, or maybe he's the band?

OfflineDanielVX
Shroomer Dan
Male

Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: No0dLeMicE] * 1
    #7001312 - 06/02/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

No0dLeMicE said:
yeah, or maybe he's the band?

http://freeplaymusic.com/

--------------------
If consequences dictate, the course of action, it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught. - MJK

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: DanielVX] * 2
    #7001534 - 06/02/07 10:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I showed the rye tek in the video without coffee. I also had it filmed with coffee, but cut that one out. I wanted as much as I could get on the video in the four hours I had available, and the ten minutes I explained how to use coffee without screwing up the grow, meant something else like agar work or sawdust/woodchips had to go. Coffee definitely is a boost to grain spawn.

As for the cost, it's the cheapest on the market. Fmrc's 80 minute vhs video is $85, and the only other one is that lame 'mushroom growing made easy' that's got bootleg versions on Youtube, and it's $36 for an hour and ten minutes to get a legal copy. Mine is $39 for four hours.

I bought the music. I have over 50 DVD's of music that I've paid royalties on.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: RogerRabbit] * 1
    #7001648 - 06/02/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Think of what it would cost to take a class in all this. Plus we got the teacher right here with this video to bug (Ask questions) lol We should have to pay extra to get his video with all the info we bug him about after lol.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Offlinebtronson
first timegrower
 User Gallery
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: MYSTIQUE] * 1
    #7001800 - 06/02/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hey RR (or anyone with experience soaking rye in coffee) i used instant coffee crystals. bad idea? i also may have gotten a bit too much coffee in the soak. am i screwed?

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7004270 - 06/03/07 05:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
and the ten minutes I explained how to use coffee without screwing up the grow

RR

Wait wait, what can you do with coffee to screw a grow, because I am day 9 on coffee/water soaked ORB with no sign of growth. Did the coffee do something to fuck up?

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: MYSTIQUE] * 1
    #7004423 - 06/03/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MYSTIQUE said:
Think of what it would cost to take a class in all this. Plus we got the teacher right here with this video to bug (Ask questions) lol We should have to pay extra to get his video with all the info we bug him about after lol.

Isn't that the truth,its a bargain anyway you cut it,I don't know how much money I have spent since embarking on this hobby of mine but I don't half ass anything and I know its hundreds and hundreds of dollars,I know that more than 40 or 50 of those dollars were due to mistakes that I would have never made if I had RR's video and didn't make a ton of learning mistakes along the way

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #7005827 - 06/03/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
:-) I hear you. It's a bit pricey for sure, for 2 DVDs...considering the almost $10 shipping also...even after the $10 discount it comes to like $47 or so.

How do you get the discount?
thanx

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: laughingdog] * 1
    #7005842 - 06/03/07 11:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Type shroomery into the promotion code when you fill out your order form.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineAbyssWP
Stranger
Loc: colorado
    #7169402 - 07/13/07 12:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

RogerRabbit, I have a question from this rye tek, when you say

"Bring to a boil. Boil for ten minutes, then, WHILE BOILING, drain the contents through a very large colander. (spaghetti strainer) If you're making a large batch, you may need more than one colander. Tip the colander side to side to get the rye to drain as much of the water as you can. Then, shake the colander in order to 'toss' the grain. This will cause a lot of steam to rise from your rye. Great. Do this a time or two, then let it sit for five minutes, then repeat."

You say "Do this a time or two, then let it sit for five minutes, then repeat."

Does that mean boil and drain a time or two, or tip the colander side to side and shake a time or two? And when you say repeat, repeat what?

Offlinelolwhut
ahsgfiuahfuope
Male User Gallery

Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: AbyssWP] * 1
    #7169623 - 07/13/07 02:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AbyssWP said:
RogerRabbit, I have a question from this rye tek, when you say

"Bring to a boil. Boil for ten minutes, then, WHILE BOILING, drain the contents through a very large colander. (spaghetti strainer) If you're making a large batch, you may need more than one colander. Tip the colander side to side to get the rye to drain as much of the water as you can. Then, shake the colander in order to 'toss' the grain. This will cause a lot of steam to rise from your rye. Great. Do this a time or two, then let it sit for five minutes, then repeat."

You say "Do this a time or two, then let it sit for five minutes, then repeat."

Does that mean boil and drain a time or two, or tip the colander side to side and shake a time or two? And when you say repeat, repeat what?

Im pretty sure he just means with the colander, but i will be mega fucked if he didnt because I have 4 jars in the PC atm

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Loc: Spain
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: lolwhut] * 1
    #7169787 - 07/13/07 03:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

get the video and get rid of these questions.

You boil for 10 min and then you leave it in the colander until no steam comes out of this . You have to repeat shaking a bit the colander in order to let the steam get out of the grains.

Good luck

OfflineAbyssWP
Stranger
Loc: colorado
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: javtfs] * 1
    #7169800 - 07/13/07 03:31 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you!

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RogerRabbit's Rye Tek [Re: javtfs] * 1
    #7170130 - 07/13/07 08:12 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

javtfs said:
get the video and get rid of these questions.

You boil for 10 min and then you leave it in the colander until no steam comes out of this . You have to repeat shaking a bit the colander in order to let the steam get out of the grains.

Good luck

This is correct. I use this tek, and the point of straining and shaking is to get as much moisture off the rye as possible. Boil once, then, while it's still boiling, take it straight from the stove to the strainer. Good luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag