Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6999099 - 06/02/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

it seems to me that your government doesn't really care what the people think.

this:
Quote:

really, so if the 30 million illegals currently residing here decided to return to
their home countries and demand change, if they stood up and fought the corrupt
governments they couldnt bring about some improvements in their countries?

sounds a bit too utopic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: Osker246]
    #6999104 - 06/02/07 09:28 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Osker246 said:
Another interesting fact is Washington, Oregon, and California also have the highest population when is comes to hispanics. Yet all three of the states have the highest minimum wage.

Yeah, but the cost of living is through the roof in those states. Like Pris said, would you move where the money isn't? I have mixed emotions about illegal immigrants. On the one hand, I would totally do the same thing, if I was in their shoes. However, I agree with the consensus that they should at least try and learn some english. I have gone out of my way to learn spanish and I don't mind learning a new language. In fact, I really dig knowing that I can go to another country and converse with it's people, but they could do likewise. I don't know. It's just a mild annoyance, at best.

--------------------

:murray:

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: blissedout]
    #6999114 - 06/02/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i agree, they should learn english but you have to keep in mind that a lot of them barely speak spanish correctly and can hardly write if at all. plus, they work all day, often with several jobs so time to learn a new language is scarce at best.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: maggotz]
    #6999132 - 06/02/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

That's true. Like I said, it's just a mild annoyance. I am friends with many immigrant Mexicans. I would hate to see them get fucked up over their status. Most of them are really good people that are hard workers. Nothing wrong with that.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#6999136 - 06/02/07 09:35 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
does the american public really want to be involved in another
war?

When did that ever matter?

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: blissedout]
    #6999138 - 06/02/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
does the american public really want to be involved in another
war?

When did that ever matter?

exactly.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #6999632 - 06/02/07 11:46 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Pris just has a very self-righteous attitude in that he believes he is better than people born in other parts of the world and is scared of people who are different from him. He also lacks a fundamental understanding of American history and fails to see any benefit to what the immigrant brings to our country.

Regarding language, sure, they should learn English. But I've never really had that hard of a time communicating with people whether they speak English or not. Just takes a little patience.

Now, if these people are having conversations in their native tounge and this is bothering paranoid people, then those people should really just mind their own business. There is nothing wrong with communicating to people who understand you in the language you were born speaking. I have a friend from Mexico and he speaks very good English, but not perfect. Some ideas he just can not express in English and has often said to me that he wishes that I spoke Spanish. I really don't see how its a big deal...just an excuse to keep people down I guess. Its fucking lame.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #6999752 - 06/02/07 12:15 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

EDIT: very stupid post I made in a very spun out state.

Edited by aDoS (06/02/07 04:27 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #6999886 - 06/02/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

maggotz said:
this:
Quote:

really, so if the 30 million illegals currently residing here decided to return to
their home countries and demand change, if they stood up and fought the corrupt
governments they couldnt bring about some improvements in their countries?

sounds a bit too utopic.

sounds like "deal with your own problems and keep them off my doorstep" to me

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#6999890 - 06/02/07 12:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
Pris just has a very self-righteous attitude in that he believes he is better than people born in other parts of the world and is scared of people who are different from him. He also lacks a fundamental understanding of American history and fails to see any benefit to what the immigrant brings to our country.

immigration brought about the extermination of 6 million people in this country

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #6999893 - 06/02/07 12:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
sounds like "deal with your own problems and keep them off my doorstep" to me

If everyone did that, America wouldn't exist(though I imagine you'd have no problem with that).

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: Silversoul]
    #6999913 - 06/02/07 12:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I try to encourage that

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: Gratos]
    #7000115 - 06/02/07 01:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Snitching to INS is so lame. Mexicans are cool as shit. I've never once been bothered by a Mexican and I love the contributions they make to America. I like hearing foreign languages and living in a multi-cultural community. I'm glad Mexicans are here to add some color and spice to this shit hole. Fuck, I wish they'd take over. Nobody could fuck this place more than white people. I mean George Bush? The Mexicans wouldn't vote for that asshole! Open the borders. Hell, I'm surprised they want to come here. I think it would be cool as shit to live down there.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #7000391 - 06/02/07 03:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The majority of Americans that have a problem with illegal immigrants are simply nosey and self righteous.  A big part of them just need an excuse for why their own life sucks, usually because of money.   

Illegals do bring the cost of labor down because of an abundant work force.  If they do figure out a way to keep the illegals out, the abundant workforce that we have now will decrease by 30-40%.  Wage rates will increase to fill that shortage.  Good news for the American worker and especially good news for skilled American workers.

What does this mean to construction businesses?

The short termed forecast will be ugly.

Contracts underway will be losses, breakeven at best.  Higher labor costs will inflate jobcost, while contract amount will stay the same.  = LOSS

As I said before, the short term forecast will be ugly.  Only businesses with large capitol (That's big business you hippies) will be able cover the slump.  Those that don't have enough capitol (Mom and Pop businesses)will go bankrupt.

Bonding agents will also show losses as they are called to cover the costs to complete projects going over budget.  Resulting with caution in bonding small businesses.  (further hurting mom and pop) 

Nearly every contract will require a bond as owners and architects fear the increased possibility that their buildings won't be completed.  Small businesses will hurt as a result because they have the hardest time getting bonded.

Long term...
The long term forecast is promising.  New contracts will have adjusted labor costs, but their will be less competition. 

Why will their be less competition?  No small businesses with low overhead will be around to underbid contracts.  Big businesses will exploit the lack of competition and squeeze as much profit as possible out of every project they can.

Personaly, I'm for increased profit margins and respect for qualified bidders.  Construction managers and general contractors have been wreckless in what sub-contractors they hire.  Too many sub-contractors fill their office with gas every morning.  Who can bid against these guys? 

That being said... illegals are good people who want the American dream more than most Americans.:sad:

My concern is how the government decides to accomplish getting the illegals out and who is hung in the process.  When all is said and done foreigner's dreams should not be our concern.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #7000447 - 06/02/07 03:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Snitching to INS is so lame. Mexicans are cool as shit. I've never once been bothered by a Mexican and I love the contributions they make to America. I like hearing foreign languages and living in a multi-cultural community. I'm glad Mexicans are here to add some color and spice to this shit hole. Fuck, I wish they'd take over. Nobody could fuck this place more than white people. I mean George Bush? The Mexicans wouldn't vote for that asshole! Open the borders. Hell, I'm surprised they want to come here. I think it would be cool as shit to live down there.

I don't really think it has anything to do with race...but if white people are fucking up this country so much, why were white people the ones who built this great nation in the first place? Our country has some problems, but before you call it a shit hole, why don't you go visit some of the border cities in mexico, and while your at it go and visit somalia, sierra leone, and many more countries. And return to the US and call it a shit hole. You have no idea how fucking lucky you are to even be living in this country you dick.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
    #7000462 - 06/02/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Zepplin said:
I have nothing against immigrants coming here to do work that most Americans won't, in fact I appreciate it since it keeps the price of produce down. We don't need them here illegaly.

I see you've bought into the bullshit like most everyone else, all illegal aliens
keep down is the nominal wage, if it kept prices down we wouldnt be paying more
than 25 cents for a soda, if employers would pay a decent wage for these jobs they
claim americans wont do then they'd find out that we will in fact do them.

I agree completely, except I know plenty of americans who'll willingly work these jobs for shit pay anyways.. I lost my last job to a mexican, I worked for servicemaster doing some really nasty jobs. I've got no problem with illegals but i do have a problem with them taking my job. I've yet to meet a job that I wouldn't do, i have dealt with the nastiest situations you can imagine involving crime scene/suicide cleanup, sewer damage remediation, black mold remediation in a closed attic in a full body tyvek suit on a 100 degree day, stall cleaner (large horse farm), and hours upon hours in the feilds and fruit orchards picking fruit. I've had more injuries than i care to think about while working and have yet to expect to see one penny for it from the employer. I did all of this happily for minimum wage ($7.00/HR) and let them have me on call 24/7 working well over 60 hours a week.

I'm so fucking sick of people sayin the illegals are here to do the jobs most americans won't, granted i'm not most americans, but there's plenty of us in the minority to fill the gap.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #7000505 - 06/02/07 03:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If you're willing to do the job for $7/hr, why would they want to pay you more? Business is about making money not giving it away.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: aDoS]
    #7000550 - 06/02/07 04:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

I don't really think it has anything to do with race...but if white people are fucking up this country so much, why were white people the ones who built this great nation in the first place? Our country has some problems, but before you call it a shit hole, why don't you go visit some of the border cities in mexico, and while your at it go and visit somalia, sierra leone, and many more countries. And return to the US and call it a shit hole. You have no idea how fucking lucky you are to even be living in this country you dick.

Good argument.:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Illegal immigrants, contact INS? [Re: Cowgold]
    #7000603 - 06/02/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
If you're willing to do the job for $7/hr, why would they want to pay you more? Business is about making money not giving it away.

i said i did it happily for 7 dollars an hour, i never asked for more or felt they should pay more, it was more than enough for my needs.

the illegal made $7/hr last i heard.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Invisiblemaggotz

#7000725 - 06/02/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i agree with you.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate