Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Loc: Land of Mary
Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour?
    #6997709 - 06/01/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Is birdseed out and brown rice flour in? if so where the heck can i get a good tek with birdseed, thats what im used to and thats what i would like unless i can aquire brown rice flour easily...i already made a dtailed post earlier but i dont see it up....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: ShittakeHead]
    #6997721 - 06/01/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You can buy brown rice at the grocery store. You can also buy a coffee grinder at the grocery store, which mysteriously seems to turn it into flour... which is what the PF tek says. You can find a dozen birdseed teks by using any of the search features on the site or the board. It's often called "WBS" (wild birdseed).

BRF is good because it doesn't really need to be pressure cooked, and can be sterilized at boiling temps.

Birdseed is completely different. It has different advantages, namely that it granulates more easily than PF cakes for use as spawn, etc., etc., all of which you would find out within ten minutes by reading and searching.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Offlinetibberous
Stranger

Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #6997933 - 06/01/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

BRF is a lot of dicking around for nothing.

Go buy some bird seed, simmer it in a pot of water for one hour, strain it, load it into jars and PC it. The only way to really screw it up is to leave too much water in the birdseed - if you really want to make sure it's right, add some vermiculite.

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

#6999653 - 06/02/07 11:50 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

NO REally!? I didn't know that figgidus, dupid. Of course I searched, When I actually used this site years ago it was in better shape then now. Because as it seems I can only find bullcrap links, docs, and files of people who think they know what they are doing when everything comes up as obscure details. Everything is a fragment of a tek. When I needed the birdseed tek i could have had it...YEARS ago. Now i do a search on here and all i get is Brown rice flour? no thanks. And i wont buy brown rice and grind it up. Thats just more to the job then needs be, especially when birdseed is so easy, dont be so grumpy, get some sleep and then sit on the computer all day....

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

#6999711 - 06/02/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. Don't outdo yourself and have the nerve to get snippety about someone talking to you like you don't know anything about growing when you come here saying "WTF is all this brown rice flour stuff? Someone help me find my ass!"

Use the search function and stop bitching. I don't see why anyone here should baby you, but here I actually just typed "WBS tek" into the search bar and here's the URL. This is how you find WBS teks without wasting people's time. Perfectly good teks.

http://www.shroomery.org/search.php?terms=wbs+tek

--------------------

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

#7001887 - 06/03/07 12:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yadda yadda...thats all i hear from you..

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
    #7002236 - 06/03/07 03:57 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

so much confrontation, chill ppl your killin my buzzz<

peace out

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7002451 - 06/03/07 07:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wow...well I was going to help you out...:-(

I like how you say "So birdseed is OUT and riceflour is IN? Where do I find good birdseed teks?"

LOL, I'd think you'd want riceflour from that statement, not flour.

Edited by myndreach (06/03/07 07:11 AM)

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: myndreach]
    #7009891 - 06/04/07 09:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Myndreach...you think too much....What!?

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#7010859 - 06/05/07 05:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

My apology for being such a smart ass but haven't you guys been up on the latest news,It has recently been discovered that the only thing in existence with a better BE than brf is the magic cheese that the 4th moon of Jupiter is made of and that is a proven fact :thumbup: .... But than why does like....well I don't know the accurate  statistic but I bet it is in excess of 95% of with a PC and nearly all people who actually grow a decent amount of mushrooms either have abandoned said amount of lunacy or just do it as a novelty thing every now and again

I consider myself(When actually awake during the hrs I can  get a human on the phone) to be pretty damn resourceful and after searching everywhere(Even the hippie place that will  order me rye grain)NO ONE has brf.... But as mentioned above you can if you hate yourself just enough to do it but not actually enough to kill yourself,make it by sitting there with a coffee grinder assuming you would like to attain a useful amount you will be there for some time in which you will get carpel tunnel syndrome,suffer from at least 4 attacks of it and than the motor will burn out and you will have to go back outside again to attain another one,if you do hate yourself this much at least use the blender,it will hold up better than the coffee grinder and you do not have to waste all of your overpriced gasoline(Don't worry you have plenty of time to waste tank after tankful of gas when you began your search for verm....which seriously all joking aside is harder to locate in real life without ordering it online than some things that really did fall to this planet from outer space:slitwrist::suicide: ...

Now that you have your ingredients handy don't forget they rest of the things that you DON'T need to grow pounds and pounds in a closet using NOTHING but a greenhouse and a humidifier(Check my link for the full list,I am only making this post caused I was already called the "Pf Nazi" today).

Have fun,you will come around.....EVERYONE does if they stay here long enough,or you get frustrated from the above recipe and leave before you even had a chance to realize that you had a fun and rewarding hobby that was worth your time and effort right under your nose all along:yesnod::rant:

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7010861 - 06/05/07 05:32 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry for just ranting and raving without being helpful,here ya go in answer to your question ShittakeHead,my favorite tek for WBS spawn >> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=255&Number=5668096&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7011032 - 06/05/07 08:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShittakeHead said:
Myndreach...you think too much....What!?

It's simple...it seems you think too little to even understand what you yourself type.

Keep reading mate, you'll figure stuff out. Every tek has different advantages.

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
Self-SacrificingPotency Tester
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7011071 - 06/05/07 08:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

neither. rye.

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: GoodbyeOrb]
    #7012496 - 06/05/07 04:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

No, moon cheese is definitely the best. Blutjager nails it again.

--------------------

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

#7021460 - 06/07/07 11:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

thanks blutjager i'll check that one out....i found a few others finally and reading through them i found shroomgod is pretty darn good....peace

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: tibberous]
    #7021475 - 06/07/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tibberous said:

eloquently said, i agree ten fold. Thank you for stating it with clarity also, I couldn't have said it better myself sir. Congrats on the right answer my friend.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: jeetered]
    #7021573 - 06/08/07 12:18 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
Quote:

tibberous said:

eloquently said, i agree ten fold. Thank you for stating it with clarity also, I couldn't have said it better myself sir. Congrats on the right answer my friend.

Somebody tell this guy to quit dicking around with brf cakes. He's blowing your wbs, rye, manure, compost, and whatever else you know-it-alls are using to hell. You don't see the old timers bashing ANY teks, because they know the value of each one. Some around here seem to think brf is for babies, as if it infringes on your manhood or something. Grow up.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7021589 - 06/08/07 12:26 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

jeetered said:

Quote:

tibberous said:

Quote:

Somebody tell this guy to quit dicking around with brf cakes.  He's blowing your wbs, rye, manure, compost, and whatever else you know-it-alls are using to hell.  You don't see the old timers bashing ANY teks, because they know the value of each one.  The first and second year noobs seem to think brf is for babies, as if it infringes on your manhood or something.  Grow up.

lol

that isn't bulk sir. That's childsplay. you don't see anyone telling anyone to grow up but yourself. You also contradict yourself by bashing those that use bulk subs/tek's :smile: people just have preferences. Don't be so bitter, jeez.
brf cakes to some people, are a waste of time. They are to me, other then asthetics, something pretty to look at.

What everyone should be happy about, is the fact that everyone here shares the same interest, cultivation, it's not our fault that with this age of technology and information some rise up quick. It doesn't take 30 years of cultivation to know what you are doing. It sure helps, but it's such an easy endeavor, why display "prowess". Yes, you've been around a long time, you know what you're doing. The people that grew those cakes you displayed "fahtster" i believe is the tubs, he's a cool cat, they must not mind waiting forever for jars to colonize, and fruit, from what i understand, from your clips on youtube, and your advice to others, that 23 days is the norm for a half pint to colonize, that's a big waste of time, waiting that long for  something that could be done with it's third flush by 23 days.

bleh. while those are nice fruits in those pics, they are not 8-17 inches in height, they aren't huge, they are spindly, small, and simple, i am vain, i prefer single fruits that can be split amongst a few people, i don't really enjoy eating 30 dry fruits to get a 3 gram trip.

that's me though.  brf cakes are excellent spawn though.
those spindly fruits are not blowing bulk subs away.

I think i recall you saying my fruits were average size, sure beats th e hell out of those brf fruits.

Edited by jeetered (06/08/07 12:36 AM)

OfflineNo0dLeMicE
F*ck ForVirginity
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BatCountry
Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: jeetered]
    #7021607 - 06/08/07 12:33 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M YELLING!"

check out my sig :wink: dem is sum teks right der!!! hahah

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: No0dLeMicE]
    #7021659 - 06/08/07 01:02 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

99% of my grows are bulk, usually on either straw, or sawdust woodchips. I just object to tek bashing, because each has its place. They're all good. My pf jars are usually fully colonized in two weeks. Ditto for Roadkill. Other growers often need three because they don't get the moisture right, but many rye and wbs growers also don't get the moisture right at first. It's all a learning curve.

In addition, once you grow your rye, you still have to either case it or spawn to bulk. An experienced cultivator can get fruits from spores or LC quicker with pf cakes than with rye. That's a fact. I had been growing for many years before pf put his first ad in high times. I remember the issue well, and was thinking wtf??? Nobody was using syringes at the time for inoculations, and I remember thinking this is going to destroy the 'art' of cultivation by making it possible for everybody to grow, without having to learn to use agar. Now just look. Even the pf tek bashers are using spore syringes. They use his tek while bashing it.

I just ask an open mind and don't mislead the noobs. The brf tek is a great way to start, and many long term growers still use it. My next DVD on recycling with mushrooms uses nothing but brf cakes as spawn to newspapers, phone books, cardboard, etc., for one reason. They work. They don't require a pressure cooker, and with blunt tip syringes, edible cultures can be made available to schools and parents to teach their children to grow mushrooms. Give credit where credit is due.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineNo0dLeMicE
F*ck ForVirginity
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BatCountry
Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7021662 - 06/08/07 01:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sweet when's that due? that'll be very interesting dvd RR.

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Birdseed tek or Brown Rice Flour? [Re: No0dLeMicE]
    #7023965 - 06/08/07 07:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

An experienced cultivator can get fruits from spores or LC quicker with pf cakes than with rye. That's a fact.

this isn't a fact, my pints of rye grains are done and ready to spawn in five days, using a liquid culture. PF cakes, take at least 9 days, with a liquid culture. Several local growers all using the same LC solution, 5 days for fully colonized rye.

I do totally agree though, ironically now that i look at it, i still do PF tek style cakes using organic rye flour instead, to produce print fruit, or to give away in apothecary jars as asthetic gifts for birthdays and christmas. But i would never rely on it for bulk.

it all has it's place.

Edited by jeetered (06/08/07 07:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals