Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineraziel666
grassman

Misting casings and rolls = no aborts???
    #6995564 - 06/01/07 01:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

hello veryone

I just read a post of RR saying that he mists the casings or rolls in case there is some evaporation....

i had the idea that this is bad for the baby pins and causes aborts.....so im guessing this a mith????

i have 8 casings and some of them look dryer than other ones...
also i have 3 rolls for more than a week and nothing...they were totally colonized, dunked 24h, rolled, and mantained at 90%hm with the right temperatures....

so whats the deal with that.....i am going to mist like crazy now until i mantain near the saturation level right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepinky2totters
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Misting casings and rolls = no aborts??? [Re: raziel666]
    #6995626 - 06/01/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think what RR is talking about is that you can mist your casing to keep up moisture as the pins start to poke through, but if you get droplets of water on the pins they will abort. In other words, mist until the pins poke through, then make sure to get FAE exchange until you harvest (you'll probably need to keep humidity up too). I'm actaully not completely clear on this either.

And as my understanding, you want your case to be very damp but if there is free floating water then you've gone too far.

OfflineNo0dLeMicE
F*ck ForVirginity
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BatCountry
Re: Misting casings and rolls = no aborts??? [Re: pinky2totters]
    #6995666 - 06/01/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yeah not even a little wet. when you mist the casing it'll glisten, that's what you want that's what you need to look for there's a thread about it here somewhere hit up the search

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Misting casings and rolls = no aborts??? [Re: No0dLeMicE]
    #6996081 - 06/01/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

its important to understand proper misting technique.  seems like a simple enough thing, squirt a spray bottle at it... right?

the tricks are:
-use the finest mist possible

-never point your mister directly at your grow.  instead, spray into the air around it and let the mist gently settle.  (squirted straight from the bottle, your mist can actually carry a bit of force... its like shooting your project with a shotgun, except on a much smaller scale. :smile:)

-mist lightly, and frequently, if possible.  its far better to apply "X" amount of water over several light mistings throughout the day, rather than doing it all at once with a heavy misting.

moisture will NOT immediately cause a pin to abort.  its an amount of water (like a large drop) sitting on it for a period of time that will cause it to abort.  if you're following good misting technique, don't go overboard with misting (there shouldn't be standing water as somebody mentioned, and your casing should never look like "mud"), and as long as you have sufficient fresh air... any moisture that lands on your pins will either not be detrimental in the first place, or evaporate into the air as humidity.

even still, some people (myself included) like to back off a little on the misting when knotting is happening and the very first tiniest pins are developing... doesn't mean you need to stop misting completely, just pay careful attention to be gentle.

on the other hand, if you'd like to see what a massive scale abortion looks like, don't give it any water!  you will generally have lower abort rates when there is proper moisture levels, even if it means occasionally getting some moisture on the pins themselves.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies