Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
What a great birthday present
    #6995613 - 06/01/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I just got an e-mail from the DPA's mailing list inviting me to a rally outside Governor Eliot Spitzer's offices about 15 blocks from where I work next Friday. The rally is called the Birthday Party for Real Rockefeller Reform, and it aims, as the DPA always does...to help affect changes in New York State's unfair Rockefeller drug laws, which pass down overly harsh sentences for small-time pot offenders.

Well it just so happens that next Friday is my birthday, so I'm gonna take off early from work and have my birthday party at the birthday party for drug policy reform. Yay.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

Re: What a great birthday present [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6995623 - 06/01/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:  Where are Spitzer's offices?

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Male

Re: What a great birthday present [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6995630 - 06/01/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Third Avenue and 42nd St. I wonder if people will be toking up right in front of his offices.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6995631 - 06/01/07 01:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That's right up your alley. Strange how things fall in place. Too strange sometimes to be passed as a coincidence.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #6995638 - 06/01/07 01:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome! What do you want for your birthday?

--------------------

:murray:

Male

Re: What a great birthday present [Re: blissedout]
    #6995642 - 06/01/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:

I dunno. I asked my mom to split the cost of a plane ticket with me - I'm gonna go to Toronto for BeerFest and hang out with Blink and Bom and Gillette and co. :heart:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#6995644 - 06/01/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Third Avenue and 42nd St. I wonder if people will be toking up right in front of his offices.

That would probably just cause too much of a scene. Seems to me the law is pretty leniant on pot offenders in nyc, consuming and possession at least. I got busted smoking a joint in my back yard/common area. The cop was cool as shit. He was there investigating a robbery and just laughed at me and told me to go in my apartment.
One of the things I miss about New York. Smart, rational people. He had bigger fish to fry than some schmuck in his robe smoking a joint before he went to bed.

I agree, the ones who are convicted are punished unfairly. Have fun bro

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Male

#6995648 - 06/01/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DrCamacho89 said:
I agree, the ones who are convicted are punished unfairly. Have fun bro

Yeah, it sucks - the way it breaks down really is that if you're white you get a slap on the wrist, and if you're black you go upstate for years and years. So fucking fucked up.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#6995656 - 06/01/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

blissedout said:

I dunno. I asked my mom to split the cost of a plane ticket with me - I'm gonna go to Toronto for BeerFest and hang out with Blink and Bom and Gillette and co. :heart:

Lucky! Man, that sounds like a good time! I'm going to the annual beerfest that we have in Birmingham, tomorrow, but your's sounds alot better! :bored: I'll have to think of something to send you.

--------------------

Male

Re: What a great birthday present [Re: blissedout]
    #6995664 - 06/01/07 01:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This Prometheus album is gift enough, I love when people take the time to upload music - I used to do it so often, I haven't in a while. I'll remedy that sometime this weekend mebbe.

I'm working out a plan where I meet RandalFlagg in Toronto and then we drive down to Pittsburgh together. One of my best buddies lives there and I wanted him to meet Randal and then I'll fly back from the Burgh.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#6995695 - 06/01/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That sounds awesome! I know you'll have a great time. I've always wanted to meet Randall and Bom. I've met the others and will probably see them at the Roo, this year. I hope so, anyways.

--------------------

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#6995696 - 06/01/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, didn't think of it that way I guess.  I bet they are treated unfairly.

Lived right next to a project when I lived in Manhattan.  They were all basically good people, liked to chill outside.  In the summer, they were always chillin in this park that was between my building and one of the project buildings and set up tables with tvs and video game systems.  Playing Madden and BBQing.  I always wanted to ask to join, but figured it would appear awkward.  :grin:

Some ugly stuff was prevalent around there after dark though.  Mainly with the youth.  Saw a kid get stabbed while walking home one day and the 3 kids who did it ran right past me.  Like 16 year old kids.  Watched the whole thing, when the police and ambulance came and got the story from the kid.  It seems they were fighting over something petty like a girl or something.  It's fucked up.

--------------------

Male

#6995703 - 06/01/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Enacted in 1973 under then-Governor Nelson Rockefeller, the Rockefeller Drug Laws require harsh prison terms for the possession or sale of relatively small amounts of drugs. For example, the harshest provision of this statute mandates a judge to impose a prison term of eight to 20 years for anyone convicted of selling 2 ounces or possessing 8 ounces of a narcotic substance.

• The penalties apply without regard to the circumstances of the offense or the individual's character or background. Whether the person is a first-time or repeat offender, for instance, is irrelevant.

• The main criterion for guilt under the drug laws is not the offenders' role in narcotics transactions, but the amount of drugs in their possession at the time of arrest.

• There are over 15,000 drug offenders incarcerated in New York State prisons.

• In 2004, nearly 35% of the people sent to state prison were drug offenders, compared to only 11% in 1980.

• Of all drug offenders sent to NYS prisons in 2000, nearly 80% were never convicted of a violent felony.

• Over 50% of the drug offenders in NYS prisons were convicted of selling or possessing only small drug amounts.

• It cost the state over $1.7 billion to construct new prisons to house drug offenders. The annual operating expense for confining drug offenders comes to about $500 million per year.

• From 1988 to 1998, the state increased annual prison spending by $761 million. During that same time period, the state decreased annual spending on the State and City Universities of New York by approximately $615 million.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#6995705 - 06/01/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

• Although studies such as the Health and Human Services National Household Survey show that the majority of people who use and sell drugs are white, African-Americans and Latinos comprise about 92% of the drug offenders in New York State prisons: African Americans, 53.6%; Latinos, 38.5%; whites, 6.5%.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#6995712 - 06/01/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
• Although studies such as the Health and Human Services National Household Survey show that the majority of people who use and sell drugs are white, African-Americans and Latinos comprise about 92% of the drug offenders in New York State prisons: African Americans, 53.6%; Latinos, 38.5%; whites, 6.5%.

This is the way it is in most states, I beleive. The minorities rule in prison. It's always been that way, too.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom