Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

Loc: shoulders of giants
Reishi bag ready to fruit.. help on humidity options please
    #6927209 - 05/16/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have a Reishi bag that's ready to fruit. What kind of differential outcomes am I looking at with the following options: 1) Plastic humidity tent, misted responsibly; 2) Well-constructed and well-attended perlite tub; 3) Automated cool mist impeller in well-constructed mini-greenhouse.

If I go with 2) or 3), to what extent should I leave the colonized substrate in its original bag? Or do I strip it away entirely? For the perlite tub, I would place it on proper wire to keep it from being waterlogged.

p.s. where does one acquire a Martha closet these days? Seem to be sold out online.

--------------------
I'm interested in Kombucha cultivation!  Send me a kombucha baby, and I'll send you the cost of shipping.  I promise to give away at least 5 babies for every baby I receive this way. :smile:

Edited by lsg1 (05/16/07 10:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Reishi bag ready to fruit.. help on humidity options please [Re: lsg1]
    #6927768 - 05/16/07 11:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Do you wish to grow conks or the antler form? The former wants very high humidity and massive amounts of air exchange. It's a good plan for those to just cut a + shape in the bag with a razor blade and let the reishi form from that, leaving the bag sealed. The latter can tolerate less humidity, and you want the CO2 levels to be kept high. You can get longer antlers by opening up the very top of the bag, and letting the antlers form on the surface of the block, where they'll stretch out towards the opening on top.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinepsycho_bin_farma
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Reishi bag ready to fruit.. help on humidity options please [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6988141 - 05/30/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

RR, which way of growing reishi is the most beneficial in terms of health for the body and yields of harvest?

I havent started my reishi because I'm not finding enough material to make me confident I'd succeed. Must you grow from a sapless hardwood? or do grains, straw, or 50/50 work as well?

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Reishi bag ready to fruit.. help on humidity options please [Re: psycho_bin_farma]
    #6989675 - 05/30/07 11:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

grains work, sawdust works, wood pellets work

i would say caps would be best health wise because it is said spores hold medical value as well.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Reishi bag ready to fruit.. help on humidity options please [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #6991566 - 05/31/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Grains to generate your spawn, and then hardwood sawdust/chips. You can grow them on logs too, but it takes much longer. I have one strain of G lucidum that will fruit on straw, but they're small, and really not worth the effort. Supplemented hardwood sawdust and chips seems to give the best performance. I have a strain of G oregonese that forms fairly nice sized conks in a minigreenhouse, but it takes massive air exchange and a steady misting fog of 100% humididity. It also takes a lot of light, which is rarely mentioned. If you want antlers, use less air exchange, and less light. You can easly get the antler form in a terrarium. I'll be experimenting with a pf cake reishi grow soon. I'll let you folks know how it goes.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

Re: Reishi bag ready to fruit.. help on humidity options please [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6991984 - 05/31/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
I'll be experimenting with a pf cake reishi grow soon.  I'll let you folks know how it goes.
RR

Please do.  :thumbup:  Can you give us any hints about your strategy for this experiment?  Just sub out verm and sub in sawdust?  Anything else?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6992658 - 05/31/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes. I'll also do some plain pf tek. BRF/verm outperforms BRF/sawdust with oysters and lion's mane. I've fruited reishi off straight grains before, so perhaps regular pf jars will grow it too. I'll also sub rice bran for the brown rice flour in a few. Rice bran and sawdust grows some mean shiitake in 1/2 pints.

Of course, I add gypsum to the basic pf tek recipe. I think that's where many who tried to grow edibles with pf tek in the past failed. Gypsum is the difference between success and failure with such small substrates.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

#6993515 - 05/31/07 09:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

How about fruiting parameters? Are you going to return any cakes to their jars after the dunk, as you did with some Shiitakes? Might that stimulate some antlers due to lesser air exchange?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6994573 - 06/01/07 06:18 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes. Slow growing species do better left in the pf jars. CO2 can be kept plenty high by just using a terrarium. I kept this phone book in a terrarium during fruiting, and kept the part I peeled the plastic away for fruiting pointed in the direction of a window.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags