Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #6986756 - 05/30/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Quote:

subconsciousness said:
I am not the same person I was a moment ago.

Multi-personality disorders are kind of cheating to use as a point/evidence....  :smirk:  :tongue:

>^;;^<

We all have multiple personalities. Only some of us reveal them in a chaotic way which turn them into disorders :wink: :lol:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6986839 - 05/30/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms. Schizophrenia. Bipolar. Shamanism. Christ. Good. Bad. Yin. Yang. Aliens. Reptiles. Seeds. Weeds. Telepathy. 2012. Hidden agenda. Mind Control. Occult conspiracy. Power. Compassion. Positive. Negative. One. Mystery. Know??

There's a recipe for disorder.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #6987029 - 05/30/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ok let's order it:
Seeds - Negative - Occult conspiracy - Hidden agenda - Mind Control - Know? - Aliens  - Reptiles - 2012 - Christ - Mystery - Good Bad - Bipolar - Schizophrenia - Shamanism - Weeds - Mushrooms - Positive - Power - Compassion - Telepathy - Yin Yang - One

:smirk:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: MushroomTrip] * 1
    #6987043 - 05/30/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

How much do I owe you, doc??:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: Ravus]
    #6987055 - 05/30/07 12:54 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

FocusHawaii said:
Quote:

Pulsating said:
Robots are only aware of what they are programmed to be aware of.

Makes one wonder about those who are only aware of the physical universe.

Oh I'm aware of things outside materialism. It's just all bullshit though.

If it is all just bullshit, then how do you explain existence? Materialism dictates causality, so is there a first material cause? Yet all materialism is composed of impermanent compound elements, so a first cause would be subject to decay and therefore it would not seem logical for a decaying material to spring by itself out of nothing.

You should not exclude materialism from that bullshit category if that is your mindset. Either there are truths in everything or there are truths in nothing, and if there are truths in nothing then existence has no existence.

The questions about the first emergences of material are answered, to the best of scientific evidence, with the Big Bang and theorizing how forces play a role in that condition. There's still a lot to be determined but with more experimenation those answers could come. However, one can't claim that just because we don't know x means that there is another cause of x. It's possible, but you need some proof rather than just the absence of answers.

Truths in everything or nothing? There's truth in God because there's truth in science? There's truth in anti-gravity because there's truth in gravity? This is fallacious because linking two seperate ideas with nothing other than "there can't be truth in something without it being in everything" is logically absurd. One truth doesn't lead to the next, but instead offers a proposal that can be confirmed/denied with the aide of science and experience. Materialism has passed both those requirements, while pretty much everything else hasn't and thus bullshit.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: backfromthedead] * 1
    #6987111 - 05/30/07 01:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

backfromthedead said:
How much do I owe you, doc??:thumbup:

It was all my pleasure :rastamon:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: MushroomTrip] * 1
    #6987153 - 05/30/07 01:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Love it. :sunny:

--------------------

Offlinesurge
Scream
Male

Loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #6987376 - 05/30/07 02:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

One word? damn i could use more but in my view id say Art

InvisiblePulsating
Björk's Disciple
 User Gallery

Loc: Space & Time
Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #6988336 - 05/30/07 06:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FocusHawaii said:
Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

FocusHawaii said:
Quote:

Pulsating said:
Robots are only aware of what they are programmed to be aware of.

Makes one wonder about those who are only aware of the physical universe.

Oh I'm aware of things outside materialism. It's just all bullshit though.

If it is all just bullshit, then how do you explain existence? Materialism dictates causality, so is there a first material cause? Yet all materialism is composed of impermanent compound elements, so a first cause would be subject to decay and therefore it would not seem logical for a decaying material to spring by itself out of nothing.

You should not exclude materialism from that bullshit category if that is your mindset. Either there are truths in everything or there are truths in nothing, and if there are truths in nothing then existence has no existence.

The questions about the first emergences of material are answered, to the best of scientific evidence, with the Big Bang and theorizing how forces play a role in that condition. There's still a lot to be determined but with more experimenation those answers could come. However, one can't claim that just because we don't know x means that there is another cause of x. It's possible, but you need some proof rather than just the absence of answers.

Truths in everything or nothing? There's truth in God because there's truth in science? There's truth in anti-gravity because there's truth in gravity? This is fallacious because linking two seperate ideas with nothing other than "there can't be truth in something without it being in everything" is logically absurd. One truth doesn't lead to the next, but instead offers a proposal that can be confirmed/denied with the aide of science and experience. Materialism has passed both those requirements, while pretty much everything else hasn't and thus bullshit.

Everything that has been created must have had some force behind it to create it. Inanimate matter doesn't create anything....it just sits there*. Matter that is animated by life/spirit can be used to assist the lifeforce in creating things.

*that is why when we experience unhappiness we move less....we become more "dense" and closer to inanimate matter. "Happier" people are capable of more action because they are not being overwhelmed by the physical...but just observe it for yourself....

--------------------
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ― Plato

"I communicate, therefore I am" - I

"Nature is ancient, but surprises us all." - Björk

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6988360 - 05/30/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Quote:

subconsciousness said:
I am not the same person I was a moment ago.

Multi-personality disorders are kind of cheating to use as a point/evidence....  :smirk:  :tongue:

>^;;^<

We all have multiple personalities. Only some of us reveal them in a chaotic way which turn them into disorders :wink: :lol:

:lol:

I am pretty sure you were just joking, but have you ever had the first hand experience with someone(s) that truly has a multi-personality disorder.....?
It usually goes hand in hand with previous extreme (sexual/mental/physical) traumatic abuse, and it is quite literally very frustrating to try to deal with, and I found impossible to solve.....
Chaotic, YES....    Logical, NO....   

All people wear different masks, but I would say the personality behind the mask stays the same (minus any disorders)....

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineFocusHawaii

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: Pulsating] * 1
    #6988544 - 05/30/07 07:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pulsating said:

Everything that has been created must have had some force behind it to create it. Inanimate matter doesn't create anything....it just sits there*. Matter that is animated by life/spirit can be used to assist the lifeforce in creating things.

*that is why when we experience unhappiness we move less....we become more "dense" and closer to inanimate matter. "Happier" people are capable of more action because they are not being overwhelmed by the physical...but just observe it for yourself....

Actually, inaminate matter can do a lot. The entire scientific body of chemistry is a testament to the power of inanimate matter's ability to produce.

So if I run around in circles I'm happier then sitting down and reading?
There's a myriad of psychological neuroses that involve being overly concerned with things outside the physical, some of the afflicted can still move really fast. Some people are depressed because they're overactive and the resulting stress. Personally, I'm happier with the realities of materialism then I would ever be with the fallacies of spiritualism.

InvisiblePulsating
Björk's Disciple
 User Gallery

#6989108 - 05/30/07 09:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FocusHawaii said:
Quote:

Pulsating said:

Actually, inanimate matter can do a lot. The entire scientific body of chemistry is a testament to the power of inanimate matter's ability to produce.

So if I run around in circles I'm happier then sitting down and reading?
There's a myriad of psychological neuroses that involve being overly concerned with things outside the physical, some of the afflicted can still move really fast. Some people are depressed because they're overactive and the resulting stress. Personally, I'm happier with the realities of materialism then I would ever be with the fallacies of spiritualism.

I was referring to inanimate matter being at a state of rest unless acted upon by an outside force which ultimately must have been generated "by" something. But I bet you knew that. Chemicals, electrons, protons, neutrons, etc., act/react exactly as they have been designed to act/react.

The thing is, the unhappier people become, the more dense they become, as they shift their wavelength closer and closer to death. And death, finally, is the departure of the being from the organism with the resulting "no motion" occurring at death. It's all just a gradient scale upwards or downwards depending on your wavelength and a few other things. Just look at how you felt and how active you were depending on your differing moods.

Some people tend toward life and some toward death, and you can spot people on that gradient scale between by how they act towards various things such as communication, children, how they take care of their possessions, etc., etc., etc.

So, regardless of whether there is a lifeforce or it's all just a big accidental lump of clay and ammonia, there are "truths" to be observed.

By the way, look around your room and find something that just materialized itself into existence. Let me know when you find it and what it is.

--------------------
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ― Plato

Edited by Pulsating (05/30/07 10:36 PM)

OfflineFocusHawaii

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: Pulsating]
    #6989886 - 05/31/07 12:35 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pulsating said:

I was referring to inanimate matter being at a state of rest unless acted upon by an outside force which ultimately must have been generated "by" something. But I bet you knew that. Chemicals, electrons, protons, neutrons, etc., act/react exactly as they have been designed to act/react.

The thing is, the unhappier people become, the more dense they become, as they shift their wavelength closer and closer to death. And death, finally, is the departure of the being from the organism with the resulting "no motion" occurring at death. It's all just a gradient scale upwards or downwards depending on your wavelength and a few other things. Just look at how you felt and how active you were depending on your differing moods.

Some people tend toward life and some toward death, and you can spot people on that gradient scale between by how they act towards various things such as communication, children, how they take care of their possessions, etc., etc., etc.

So, regardless of whether there is a lifeforce or it's all just a big accidental lump of clay and ammonia, there are "truths" to be observed.

By the way, look around your room and find something that just materialized itself into existence. Let me know when you find it and what it is.

I don't understand your point. How does a force acting to change matter prove anything other than that certain force can act to change matter? One could ask "Where does this force come from?" "Where does your explanation for the source of the force come from?" etc. but you CANNOT extrapolate that there is anything more than the physical just because an answer hasn't been found yet.

Wavelengths? Mood is determined by chemicals in the brain and outside stimulus. A person has never died because they've been unhappy, which is what you're suggesting with your wavelength theory.

So a person who acts rudely to a child is closer to death than a person who acts nice to a child but is being crushed by a bus? Life and death have
biological roots, not metaphysical ones.

I completely agree there are truths to be observed. The crux is the logos from which the truth is determined. Religion is the primary antithesis to reasonable logos. Science is the primary posterboy of reasonable logos.

I could rationalize your final paragraph with the idea that with different circumstances, different forces will produce different things. But I know that's not your point. Your point is that at some point matter must have been created from nothing; my point is that I've never claimed to know the solution but instead denied the idea that you know and therefore everything you've inferred from your solution must be illusory.

OfflineInnerStillness
<3 U
Male

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: FocusHawaii] * 1
    #6989895 - 05/31/07 12:40 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

interesting

InvisiblePulsating
Björk's Disciple
 User Gallery

#6990746 - 05/31/07 09:46 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FocusHawaii said:
Quote:

Pulsating said:

I don't understand your point. How does a force acting to change matter prove anything other than that certain force can act to change matter? One could ask "Where does this force come from?" "Where does your explanation for the source of the force come from?" etc. but you CANNOT extrapolate that there is anything more than the physical just because an answer hasn't been found yet.

"Because an answer hasn't been found yet" or "because you haven't found an answer yet"?

Quote:

Wavelengths? Mood is determined by chemicals in the brain and outside stimulus. A person has never died because they've been unhappy, which is what you're suggesting with your wavelength theory.

I never claimed anyone died because they were unhappy, but the worse an individual gets, the more capacity he/she has to get worse. It's a hideous geometric progression. What I said was, the more unhappy a person is, the closer they are to body death.

The body (brain included) is simply an *indicator* of what goes on mentally and spiritually. When those nifty little pictures (EKG, etc.) show color changes in the brain, it is no reason or proof that those chemicals are *causing* the feeling. In fact, it is the other way around.

The being operating the body is the causative force and the brain is only a complex biological switch board that the person uses to translate thought into action.

Quote:

So a person who acts rudely to a child is closer to death than a person who acts nice to a child but is being crushed by a bus? Life and death have biological roots, not metaphysical ones.

I never said someone who acts rudely to a child is closer to death, you said that. What I did say was that a person's wavelength can be determined by their behavior towards certain things in the environment. Yes, someone's behavior towards children is an indicator, but it's not as simple as "they were rude to a kid, so..." The most accurate index is how they communicate, however.

Quote:

I completely agree there are truths to be observed. The crux is the logos from which the truth is determined. Religion is the primary antithesis to reasonable logos. Science is the primary posterboy of reasonable logos.

"Any datum has only relative truth. Truth is relative to environments, experience and truth."

Quote:

I could rationalize your final paragraph with the idea that with different circumstances, different forces will produce different things. But I know that's not your point. Your point is that at some point matter must have been created from nothing; my point is that I've never claimed to know the solution but instead denied the idea that you know and therefore everything you've inferred from your solution must be illusory.

If nothing in your environment just materialized without a life force there to design it (desks, computers, books, carpet, etc.) how does the entire system which encompasses those things (the physical universe) come into being without any force there to have set things in motion. Atoms, molecules and other sub-atomic particles are fascinatingly complex structures and "modern" scientists can't reproduce these things.

Please explain any theories you have as to origination.

And simply because you disagree with my points is no reason that they are illusory...it just means you disagree.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #6990895 - 05/31/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

:lol:

I am pretty sure you were just joking, but have you ever had the first hand experience with someone(s) that truly has a multi-personality disorder.....?
It usually goes hand in hand with previous extreme (sexual/mental/physical) traumatic abuse, and it is quite literally very frustrating to try to deal with, and I found impossible to solve.....
Chaotic, YES.... Logical, NO....

All people wear different masks, but I would say the personality behind the mask stays the same (minus any disorders)....

>^;;^<

Actually I was halt joking half serious :lol:
But yes, basically you're right :wink:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #6991237 - 05/31/07 12:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"What is nothing but othing?" -William James

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: One word to define the meaning of life for a human? [Re: Epigallo] * 1
    #6991265 - 05/31/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

discovery

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom