Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Growing Lepista nuda
    #6968730 - 05/26/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have L. nuda myc growing on cardboard in my fridge from stem cuttings, and I'm now wondering what the next step is. Should I transfer that to another medium and if so, what is preferrable? I also have a hay bale in the back yard, so I can pull some of that off, pasturize it and use that as a substrate.

Once colonized, what would be the next step in getting them to fruit? Anyone know that optimal temps for incubation/fruiting?

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFreeSporePrints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rome, Italy Flag
Re: Growing Lepista nuda [Re: PinheadX]
    #6972404 - 05/27/07 03:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've never grown L.nuda and i don't know anything about it..however I don't know if L.nuda will grow on hay. Do not use hay as substrate...hay carries a lot of contaminants and simply pasteurizing should be not sufficient.

I suggest to make several petris with this strain and clean it.

Fabio

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Growing Lepista nuda [Re: FreeSporePrints]
    #6976882 - 05/28/07 09:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It grows on compost piles and in decomposed leaf matter around here. Try to use compost for indoor runs.

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: Growing Lepista nuda [Re: Hotnuts]
    #6979126 - 05/28/07 07:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to read as much as I can, and try and get a clean strain, and possibly an LC to try and inoculate with. As far as the substrate, compost sounds like a winner. I found these growing on a lawn with grass clippings mulched down into the live grass, which is what they were growing on.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Growing Lepista nuda [Re: PinheadX]
    #6986430 - 05/30/07 09:46 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have a spot where I pick them from and IMHO, they are one of the best edibles i've tasted. A very, very good mushroom! I have a print of one, but it doesn't seem to be viable anymore. It's only a year or so old too. Getting an isolate would get you started off great on this project.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds