Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics
    #693450 - 06/21/02 10:55 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure this won't be approved, but at least I try!

bluethumbs sells bags that are a rip off of sporeworks bags, and they now sell buckets like mycoteks.. What the hell do people have to say to this? What losers would support a vendor who steals ideas and rips off people to make money?

How the fuck does the shroomery support this kind of behavior, its a perfect example of how corrupt and money hungry this website really is!

Shame on bluebums, and the shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: ]
    #693462 - 06/21/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"bluethumbs sells bags that are a rip off of sporeworks bags, and they now sell buckets like mycoteks.. "
indeed they do
"What the hell do people have to say to this?"
sounds like shady business to me (on the part of the vendors.. not the shroomery)
"What losers would support a vendor who steals ideas and rips off people to make money?"
not me, but i assume some newbies will fall victim.
"How the fuck does the shroomery support this kind of behavior, its a perfect example of how corrupt and money hungry this website really is!"
the shroomery isn't the vendor's parent. the vendors do what they will. i think it's great you brought this to attention because it has been bothering me - and i suspect many others as well. i don't see how the vendors actions make the shroomery "corrupt and money hungry." these same vendors have bought advertising rights for some time, and only as of late has it become a concern, as evidenced by the appearance of your thread. so while i don't agree with the Dr.'s business practices, it's really none of my business. he won't be gettin' none of mine anyway

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: geokills]
    #693476 - 06/21/02 11:49 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Here's Boxtop703's opinion of this.

I don't like any vendor ripping another off.

I don't like the fact that Dimitri has decided to turn his business into a "clone anything that I can and undercut the inventor type of establishment."

I once had Dr. Bluethumbs up on my links page. I PM'd him telling him of my concern that he was selling a rip-off version of the Hydrapod. He assured me that he and Myco-tek had come to an agreement and that he would soon be selling actual Hydrapods. I watched him continue to promote his undercutting clone.

I pulled his banner from my links page.

Having said all that, I still believe Dimitri has the right to run his business the way that he see's fit.

If he is running over someone else's patent then he will have to cross that consequential road when he comes upon it.

What will be will be folks and there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

Offlinekarlfinn
Loc: Wild, Wonderfu,l West Vir...
    #693490 - 06/22/02 12:15 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This is how much of the biz world works..it is called the competition.
MacD's makes a big burger and all the other burger biz'z jump on it doing the same.
Ford has a goodie and Chevy follows their lead and product.
One price is quoted and another biz busts the price to attract customers on the very same items...happens every day in every way...and this is what makes the
financial world go round...
If the items are licensed and patented...it may be another matter...but
otherwise...even you could make these items and sell them...then what...?
In a free world, so we think, we do have choices to buy or not to buy...
or start a biz of our own...happy shroomin' ....care....farmer.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #693520 - 06/22/02 02:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with your statements.

The people who invented/came up with these ideas, put in a lot of hard work, time, money and effort. They seem passionate about mycology.

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: karlfinn]
    #693526 - 06/22/02 02:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

One price is quoted and another biz busts the price to attract customers on the very same items...happens every day in every way...and this is what makes the
financial world go round...

i agree

OfflineDrBluethumbsSite
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: CLuB99]
    #693662 - 06/22/02 05:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Dr. Bluethumbs runs a competitive business. Some of the comments I have seen in this thread are without merit. If someone has a certified patent on one of these products. Let me know! I do know the "mushroom bag" is not a new idea, and the Vendors in question were developing their own bags around the same time.

Competition serves the customer. We have over 50 products on our site and we will be adding more. We give the customers a choice of not having to pay heavily "marked-up" pricing like some other Vendors for quality goods. So don't tell me that we are "ripping" anyone off!

Regards,

Mike Thomas
Webmaster/Promotions
www.DrBluethumbs.com
webmaster@drbluethumbs.com

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #693710 - 06/22/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

So should all vendors stop selling spore syringes?
After all,PF was the one who first thought of selling cubensis spores in a syringe...

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #693767 - 06/22/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

tho its not right, it is a never ending , viscouse circle.
In reply to:

bluethumbs sells bags that are a rip off of sporeworks bags

filter patch bags were out a long time before sporeworks. tho they were called "spacebags" before filter patch bags, magic bags, etc etc.......so actually, D isnt ripping off sporeworks, he is ripping off ( along WITH sporeworks) the japanese who has been using them for a long time. same with the hydropod & clones, they are just an improved hydro system, originally meant for plants......with a few adjustments to make them more suited for shrooms. these units ( for plants) have been out for quite some too.
again i say, it isnt a good thing, but bluethumbs isnt any more guilty than mykotek or sporeworks, they ALL borrowed ideas from others.

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: CLuB99]
    #693787 - 06/22/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i sure as hell hope a lot of people here that bitch about venders never open a buisness. To those that do send me an invitantio to the going OUT of buisness party.

If buisnesses were ran the way you thought they should where would we be? well this place wouldnt exist for one. you prolly wouldnt bee using a computer, prolly be watching a b&w tv if we would have even gotten that far.

For buisness to advance, competition is crucial. Playing nice isnt in the buisness plan. If demetis are the same quality, but cost less exellent. If they are not as high quality, they people are getting what they paid for.

As for the subject, its not a matter of ethics, its a matter of who can run a better beuisness.

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #694755 - 06/22/02 04:45 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I see nothing wrong with dr. Bluethumbs. He sells the same shit the other vendors sell at almost half the price. I think it is just good business if you ask me. Maybe the other vendors will quit bitchin and moanin and lower their prices a little bit and try to compete with Dr. Bluethumbs. Well, that's just my two cents for whatever it is worth.

PEACE THROUGH MUSIC!

Offlinebadfish89
drunk by noonbut thats ok

Loc: phoenix
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: pimpadelic]
    #696657 - 06/23/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

welcome to the world of capitalism......

--------------------
cant fight against the youth

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: badfish89]
    #696991 - 06/23/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: Anonymous]
    #697693 - 06/24/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Whatever, this is a bunch of crap. I know for a fact that the majority of products that D sells are quality. Just as much quality as things that are much more expensive elsewhere. If it keeps food on his plate, then cheaper is better for everyone involved. Except those who stand to lose money via competition.

When you get down to the nitty gritty, this is a hobby. It's an underground hobby. It's a passionate hobby. One where some people want to teach some people want to make money and others want to make a lot more money. It's a matter of FSR vs. STP. Of dung brothers vs. Bluethumbs compost.

When you get down to it, all you vendors who think you are special innovators or something are fooling yourselves. Everything I've seen come from a vendor was done in private, and the methodology shared freely first. Thats the way it will always be because those of us who care about the hobby and the community don't care about dumb corporate shit like "intelectual property rights" and other lame shit. The hobbyists and the real scientists invent stuff. Vendors just try and sell it.

If you're being undercut, well sorry for you. If you have something to offer that the undercutter doesn't, then good for you, you won't loose your customers. Sporeworks will always have customers because people are loyal to them. Not because they invented grain in bags, hell they weren't even the first to sell them to the community. But because people respect sporeworks and want to send their money to them.

Personally, I respect bluethumbs and think what he's doing is great. How much is his compost? Several times cheaper at least than the only other vendor selling it? It takes character to say, damnit this shit shouldn't be so expensive, and I'm not going to be a greedy fuck. I'll charge what it's worth to me, not the most the market will bear. That's the difference between a capitalist and a psychedelic. I applaud him.

If his undercutting drives anyone out of business, or hurts your business whatsoever, you should hush up and be happy and grateful that you ever had the oppurunity to spend your time making money off of such a fascinating hobby. If you can compete, then why do you care what he does, you're still competetive. If you can't compete, you go play another game.

Bluethumbs gets my two bluethumbs up!

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: mycofile]
    #697763 - 06/24/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

myco I have always had alot of respect for you and I to love good competition in business. My only point here is if you are going to sell a competitive product at a competitive price you should do research on that product. I can t speak for the buckets and pods but I can tell you that Dimitris magic rye bags were not though out very well and while the price is cheaper the results are almost non existent. Thats not flaming dimitri at all thats just the truth. I think Compiler put alot of time into his substrate before releasing it to the public which is why the myco bags are so successful. I hope Dimitri continues to drive competiton here but I also hope he does a better job at research first. Just my opinion.

--------------------

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: Anonymous]
    #698157 - 06/24/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In essence you put cakes into a hydroponics system and slapped a dome on the top. IMHO there is only one system related problem you had to overcome, air exchange. I have this little thought in my head that all you did during those months of hydropod design (other then copying someone elses hydroponics design) is come up with a way to manufacture these things for a price that you could afford to make money with. Now I may be coming off half cocked here but all this arguing over a hydroponics bucket is rediculous. The only unique and special thing about the bucket is that you can leave it and never look at it and come back to find mushrooms. Thats it. No bigger shrooms, or more flushes etc. Just a lazy mans way to grow in a bucket.

Now you say your better then some big time corporation, but just like them you are more concerned with your own personal gains. Dimitri has a bucket of his own, yes its a copy of yours, and yes yours is a copy of someone elses, people will buy from whom they want to buy. If someone wants a cheap bucket they will buy D's, if they want the original they will buy yours.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #698514 - 06/24/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinemanson232000
jedi master

Loc: spot just south of your b...
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Anonymous]
    #698815 - 06/24/02 05:41 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
I hate people people hate me

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: How far is too far?? Vendors without ethics [Re: SouthernGent]
    #699641 - 06/25/02 04:03 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

mycotek, good call on the discount, I think that would be a great thing to do. I really didn't want to come across as critical as I did. It seems that we hit it off rather well on your initial arival to TOMC, then we just started to bump heads. I just want to point out that I'm fairly confident that you're a pretty cool dude, and that we would probably get along great in the meat world.
But unless there was something going on that I don't know about (like theft of pictures, copying of advertising content etc etc) I personally don't see a big issue with intelectual property rights. If you aren't concerned about financial competetion (and I tend to believe you aren't), then what is the harm done by so-called intelectual property theft? Intelectual property disputes usually arise in the corporate world when one company uses the same or slightly modified logo/slogan/advertising etc as a competitor with the harm being lost sales and damaged reputation with a confused consumer base. Like people buying Brue Lee movies instead of Bruce Lee movies. Not only do Bruce Lee movies suffer a loss of sales, but also a tarnished reputation because people think they just saw a really shitty Bruce Lee movie. You say are aren't concerned with the loss of any sales (which I believe, and which IMO you shouldn't if you feel for the community), and I'm pretty sure that Dimitri's bucket doesn't tarnish your reputation, so what's the harm? I'm not trying to start any more drama, and if you think it's inevitable then feel free to just let the topic die. I'm just curious, but if you think it will just fan the flames so to speak, then by all means let's not start a war.

And souther gent,
In reply to:

I think Compiler put alot of time into his substrate before releasing it to the public which is why the myco bags are so successful. I hope Dimitri continues to drive competiton here but I also hope he does a better job at research first. Just my opinion.

I agree. D might have some improvements to make, and he should be encouraged to do so. It just seemed like he was being criticised for cutting prices of established products. I think that more research, better products, more availability = more shrooms, more enlightened folks. Amen

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: manson232000]
    #699737 - 06/25/02 06:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Mycotek (06/26/02 04:53 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate