Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead!
    #6982947 - 05/29/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I am normally a peace loving individual, but today I am pissed-the-fuck-off at the idiot who went jaunting around the globe with the vicious XDR-TB strain which is fatal to 50% of those infected.

I find it hard to think of little other than the violent harm that I would like to bring him, as he traveled with full knowledge of being positive for TB.

Does anyone want to list some ideas for violent punishment, for, if nothing else, my personal gratification?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male

Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #6983053 - 05/29/07 05:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #6983139 - 05/29/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

we should give him a horrible, painful, deadly disease.

oh wait....

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: ApJunkie]
    #6983501 - 05/29/07 07:09 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Study him like a labrat while he dies. Notice how no information was released at all to the public except that he was a male? :P And that he's now confined in a special government building...

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: Maverick]
    #6983703 - 05/29/07 07:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I hope he's in Abu Ghraib and they institute old policies.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #6985891 - 05/30/07 04:52 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

If you had bothered to read the entire history of what happened, the guy didn't know he had the really bad form of TB and was "advised by his doctor not to travel". Granted, it still annoys me that he ignored his doctor's advice, but I don't think he realized the potential he had for infecting/killing others.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: Seuss]
    #6986289 - 05/30/07 08:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Did I say he knew the name of the strain?

He knew he had TB. Its a dangerous (and "really bad") disease in ALL cases.

I get pissed when I encounter people casually shopping with obvious colds. But, TB? That's just ridiculous!

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: Maverick]
    #6986361 - 05/30/07 09:24 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DRTMaverick said:
Study him like a labrat while he dies. Notice how no information was released at all to the public except that he was a male? :P And that he's now confined in a special government building...

Yeah...He went back home...to the CIA HQ.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #6986723 - 05/30/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
If you had bothered to read the entire history of what happened, the guy didn't know he had the really bad form of TB and was "advised by his doctor not to travel". Granted, it still annoys me that he ignored his doctor's advice, but I don't think he realized the potential he had for infecting/killing others.

I think he is a selfish "dickhead"

“I’m a very well-educated, successful, intelligent person,” he said. “This is insane to me that I have an armed guard outside my door when I’ve cooperated with everything other than the whole solitary confinement in Italy thing.”...

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/health/stories/2007/05/29/0530meshtb.html

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: lonestar2004]
    #6987181 - 05/30/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think he is a "terrorist".

Contrast the potential harm he could bring to society vs. the harm of a drug user.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #6990192 - 05/31/07 04:01 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

> I think he is a selfish "dickhead"

Yep, I agree, now, after hearing more of the story. I have nothing against his departure, as he didn't know what he had, but the way he returned, knowing that he could infect others with a mostly fatal and untreatable form of the disease, is another matter. He is a selfish ass that deserves to rot locked up in isolation.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6990616 - 05/31/07 08:57 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think that if it was you, you wouldn't be so quick to judge the man in such a flagrant manner. Clearly his actions were short-sighted. The man didn't break any laws and was informed that he had a very low risk of actually transmitting the disease to others. I mean, I'm sure he wasn't breathing on people's ears during the flights.

I mean, perhaps you would like to be isolated in a foreign country for an indefinite period of time? I don't think the man was entirely out of line. None of the people he directly associates with, all the time, have the disease. Refusing to adhere to an order not to travel back is pretty incidental in my book. He still had the same disease when he traveled there, they just didn't realize it.

He's all right in my book. :shrug:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6990645 - 05/31/07 09:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

> I think that if it was you, you wouldn't be so quick to judge the man in such a flagrant manner.

I think if it were me, I wouldn't have risked killing other people out of my own selfish desires. As I said, I don't fault him for what he did before he knew that he could kill others by proximity... I do fault him for risking other lives for his own self-comfort after he knew the risks.

> He's all right in my book

I think that if it was you that was sitting next to him the plane, you wouldn't be so quick to forgive his selfish manner.

--------------------

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6990678 - 05/31/07 09:17 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I do feel bad for the guy, that his illness interrupted his wedding/honeymoon, however, when I read this part:

Quote:

It was while the man was in Rome that he learned further U.S. tests had determined his TB was the rare, extensively drug-resistant form, far more dangerous than he knew. They told him turn himself over to Italian health officials and not to fly on any commercial airlines.

Instead, on May 24, the man flew from Rome to Prague on Czech Air Flight 0727, then flew to Montreal aboard Czech Air Flight 0104 and drove into the U.S., according to CDC officials.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/conditions/05/31/tb.flight.ap/index.html

I basically lost all sympathy for him.

I can understand if you don't want to get treatment in a foreign country, and if he flew right home to his doctor, that would be one thing, *but* 2 more flights and a road trip? All after he had been told to contact Italian health officials? Come on.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Perhaps Violence Is Called For? Deadly Disease Dickhead! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6991919 - 05/31/07 03:09 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
He's all right in my book. :shrug:

Worst Fears Realized In S. Africa TB Scare (4 Nurses Die)

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA (CBS) -- "It was the height of summer in February 2005 and the hospital was filled with patients with both TB and HIV/AIDS," recalled Dr. Tony Moll, the anti-retroviral program manager at the Church of Scotland Hospital in Tugela Ferry.

"I remember there were two patients who just weren't getting better. I don't know why, but I had this terrible feeling that something really sinister was happening," Moll said.

In most instances, HIV/AIDS positive patients being treated with both anti-retrovirals and tuberculosis drugs improved, Dr. Moll explained, but not these two. "They were getting worse by the hour."

With a lack of testing facilities in his rural hospital in South Africa's Kwazulu-Natal province, Dr. Moll asked for special permission to have the sputum samples of 45 patients sent to Durban and tested for resistance to TB drugs.

Nurses collected samples from the two very ill patients, as well as 43 others being treated with TB and anti-retroviral drugs, and sent them off. By the time the results came back eight weeks later, 10 of the patients were dead, including the two who had been very ill.

Of the 45 samples, 10 were resistant to all six TB drugs they tested for.

"I got a cold shiver, with such fear in my heart," Moll said. "I thought, 'This is airborne. Could I be infected? Could my staff be infected?' To go into a new realm of XDR-TB, which is basically untreatable, was almost unthinkable," he said, using the acronym for Extremely Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis. Moll's worst fears eventually were realized: Four of the hospital nurses died in those first few months. From that point on, the hospital began identifying more and more patients -- and in almost all cases, the patients with XDR-TB were dead before the lab results were back. Most die within 16 days of being identified as a possible XDR-TB case. The mortality rate of XDR-TB is 84 percent.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=6593241

Turns out he's a Lawyer.... 84 percent chance he'll be a dead Lawyer soon...

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#6991940 - 05/31/07 03:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"The honeymooner quarantined with a dangerous strain of tuberculosis was identified Thursday as a 31-year-old Atlanta personal injury lawyer whose new father-in-law is a CDC microbiologist specializing in the spread of TB"

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PFHNH02&show_article=1

Where he went...

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6992105 - 05/31/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I think if it were me, I wouldn't have risked killing other people out of my own selfish desires.  As I said, I don't fault him for what he did before he knew that he could kill others by proximity... I do fault him for risking other lives for his own self-comfort after he knew the risks.

Apparently there wasn't much of a risk to start with. :shrug: 

Quote:

I think that if it was you that was sitting next to him the plane, you wouldn't be so quick to forgive his selfish manner.

I've had a good run. :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

#6993409 - 05/31/07 09:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I heard a rumor that the guy caught the TB by sucking off his father-in-law, who works in the Center for Disease Control's TB lab and picked up the illness at work.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6993601 - 05/31/07 09:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, except that his father-in-law reportedly doesn't have the illness and the reference to him sucking him off, while there is nothing wrong with that, is simply an attempt to slander the man further.

He clearly was not a risk to anyone. People are blowing this completely out of proportion. To think that our society is such that we could prevent this from happening anyways is ridiculuous, and to pretend that you wouldn't have the same concerns and act in the same way he did is bullshit too. Dude just wanted to go home, and I can respect that. :smile:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #6993964 - 05/31/07 11:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What kind of wife wonted understand. Honey, I may die and I don't you to die.:shake:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale