Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
outdoor MJ pollination
    #6975728 - 05/27/07 11:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ok i have an outdoor patch growing right now and i want to get atleast one female pollinated at the end of the year, as this is my only way of getting weed, and seeds for next year...i kind of rely on myself for any type of drugs right now. anyway, i was wondering how i might go about doing this without fucking up the rest of my plants...its all bag seed stuff so theres no cross breeding that i know of that will be going on, no need to go into detail about that lol.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: outdoor MJ pollination [Re: highdroponics]
    #6976192 - 05/28/07 02:02 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Pull one male aside and collect pollen from it. Apply the pollen to the female of your choice.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: outdoor MJ pollination [Re: Magash]
    #6977213 - 05/28/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i was thinking of doing that but wont the male still release pollen before i get to it? i know nothing about growing males, i dont even know when they begin to release the pollen so ill know when to collect it, ive always just yanked em up.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
    #6977250 - 05/28/07 10:52 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

They will usually start about a week before the females. This is to assure that the males reach a stage that they can release pollen as soon as the females start to show hairs.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: outdoor MJ pollination [Re: Magash]
    #6977454 - 05/28/07 11:40 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

nature is great!

Offlinethedman
I am the coyote
 User Gallery

Loc: out of this world
    #6978511 - 05/28/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I would say keep that male as far away from the patch as possible pollen can go a long way and get your whole crop.

--------------------
Got to bag em up!

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: outdoor MJ pollination [Re: thedman]
    #6980583 - 05/29/07 01:07 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ok i'm about to save your life... cut all the bottom shit of so nothing can mysteriously pop up. next cut the top of the cola off and bring it home with you. get a cup of water and cut the bottom of the plant off about 1/4 to 1/2 inch so that the plant will draw up water from a fresh cut and not the old one you took in the field. set up a florescent light to sustain life and generate pollen or you ca place i in a window but it's harder to collet pollen on a window sill. then get a collection plate that is glass or plastic. i like glass better but plastic works. then u allow the plant to generate pollen over the next few days and scrape it from the collection tray and place it in a baby food jar. i slight tap every now and then really helps release the pollen quicker if your in a rush, but can perfection be rushed. the light should be left on or continue with the light cycle as it is outdoors. now you just need a paint brush and you can apply it to the buds you want and not just leaving the plant to pollinate the whole damn thing or the whole crop, by accident.

here are a few picks I have of a NL male to demonstrate.

Edited by thenewguy05 (05/29/07 10:10 PM)

OfflineTheNothing
Stranger

#6980807 - 05/29/07 04:36 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I would grow one male plant in a small pot.... when you see flowers put a paper bag over it and tie it off.. Leave it on for a couple days... shake it... take it off.. tie it back up and put it in the fridge inside a plastic bag until you use it ..

to use it.. just put it over the branch you want to seed and tie it on.. leave it on for two days .. shake and take off.

thats what I would do..

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: outdoor MJ pollination [Re: TheNothing]
    #6981171 - 05/29/07 08:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheNothing said:
I would grow one male plant in a small pot.... when you see flowers put a paper bag over it and tie it off.. Leave it on for a couple days... shake it... take it off.. tie it back up and put it in the fridge inside a plastic bag until you use it ..

to use it.. just put it over the branch you want to seed and tie it on.. leave it on for two days .. shake and take off.

thats what I would do..

That is one of the worst ways someone could do it, but if you think that works well:shrug:

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order