Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

The Human Experience
    #697281 - 06/23/02 09:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

To learn... to experience... to process and apply that experience and transform it into wisdom. To interact... to grow... to suffer.. and to feel love. We are human.

We are stewards of this ball of mass floating through time and space. Do not be ashamed of your humanness. It is one of the hardest and most prestigious schools in the Universe. To stay in human form and maintain balance is a very powerful thing.

We took a step boldly and blindly into the material plane, not knowing what to expect, or how to deal with it. We walked away from the source of our Creation so that we may learn on our own. We took a step away from our collective memories, and into the darkness, where we are not always aware of things such as the spirit. This is among one of the most respected things... it is not easy to be human.

What does it mean to be human? To put it simply, we experience life. Every aspect of life, whether it be pain, suffering, love, compassion, hatred, jealousy, understanding, forgiveness... they all contribute to our human experience. We experience life in every aspect, and we learn from it. We use our experience as a basis for our knowledge. It becomes wisdom, and this wisdom stick like a glue to our soul. This wisdom is then applied to past, present, and future experiences. We use this wisdom to help guide us through our life. By doing this, we grow.. we evolve.

Experience leads to wisdom which leads to spiritual growth.

There is always room for improvement. Even though there are dimensional beings, that may reside in a higher vibration than you.. does not mean that they are highly evolved, or Christed beings. It does not mean they are any better than you.. only different. There is always room for growth, and there is always room for elevation and evolution. This is the nature of reality.. to gain wisdom through experience and use that to grow... to change... to evolve.

Embrace your humanness, it is a gift that you chose. Do not wish yourself out of this world, for it is your ultimate learning ground. Stand strong in the fact that you are a rational and emotional being, capable of creating your own reality, with the blessing of free will. You control your destiny. You are in the captian's seat of your life. You choose how you experience reality.

Trust your heart, trust your light. Trust what you know to be your God, or lack thereof. The power lies inside of you.

" We cannot become who we need to be by remaining who we are. Invent yourself
everyday. "

Edited by Shroomism (06/23/02 09:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: The Human Experience [Re: ]
    #697299 - 06/23/02 09:57 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This might just be the best post ever. Or maybe it's just me.

In this moment I am very impressed upon with your words, so that I look like I've been stamped, only not.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: The Human Experience [Re: Ulysees]
    #697311 - 06/23/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I'm glad you liked it. What words do you have to offer? I want input! Think about it.. being a human. It's different from being a rock or a tree. Think about all the experiences you have had... what you learned. At the end of your life, how will you see your life? I would hope to look back on my life and cry, cry in love for all the wonderous joy and beauty I was able to witness. Sometimes, it is just beyond words or conventional methods of communication.. its just a feeling... an experience. You experiences make you who you are... so we should make our experiences as worthwhile as possible I would think. But maybe thats just me.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: The Human Experience [Re: Ulysees]
    #697315 - 06/23/02 10:09 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

nice post shroomism.... mmm to hear a positive human experience ;]
sometimes the realisation of ones human form can be disconcerting unless you can embrace it, its so necessary tho....

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

#697351 - 06/23/02 10:19 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

the oddity of being human... the poverty of the stimulus hypothesis wonders at how our visual system is so perfect for the range of light that it can view... there should be membranes running across our visual field, blind spots, inconsistency...
such accuracy would not necessarily be advantageous to selection, it is a puzzle... are we truly blessed... sometimes the ecstasy of being human can be overwhelming, you can feel like such a work of art, the complexity of the physical and mental form that has taken millions of years of selective adaptation to construe, eventuating in ourselves.... i just want to get outside and run around.... although i just did that before and its dark now...

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#697356 - 06/23/02 10:22 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Words you say? Well, I think I've fried my brain for this evening. I shall be back with words, oh words indeed!

--------------------

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #697780 - 06/24/02 07:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

To live life burning your candle bright
shamelessly flying your self as a kite
at the end of such an outing of human might
reviewing the entirety of your existence with undeviating sight
hope to be able to embrace the eternal light

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #698155 - 06/24/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Personally I don't agree with your post shroomism. In every sentence you are assuming things, yes almost every sentence I can pick out an assumption: Ex people having souls, that there are extradimensional beings, taking a bold step in the material plane, etc...

And thanks anyway, but I don't need your advice on how I should or should not live. I understand this is your interpretation of what it is to be human but again you are assuming things like "Experience leads to wisdom which leads to spiritual growth." How do you know this to be true? Isn't an experience just a memory, be it of an emotion, or any of the senses? What you call wisdom I call memories and experiences being regurgitated, and I don't see that leading to "spiritual growth". You made your post sound very romantic but I don't see any real substance in it.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Re: The Human Experience [Re: chodamunky]
    #698179 - 06/24/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

he didnt put the post up for the benefit of your personal growth, if you have a look youll see the name of this forum is spirituality and philosophy, not scientific wank
if you dont like what he has to say, then tell us how it is....

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: The Human Experience [Re: deepr]
    #698321 - 06/24/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

if you have a look youll see the name of this forum is spirituality and philosophy, not scientific wank

LOL... can't we all just get along?

Nice post Shroomism... reading it opened my heart and made me remember why it is I am a human.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #698389 - 06/24/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Shroomism... I think it is the best post you've made to date.

However... I have to pick, sorry...
1. Even though there are dimensional beings, that may reside in a higher vibration than you..
Crap, and I'm not just saying that (for those who haven't read my plethora of posts made on this subject).

2. We walked away from the source of our Creation so that we may learn on our own. We took a step away from our collective memories, and into the darkness
What's this "we" shite? Collective memories? C'mon, do you really NEED a framework of archetypes to qualify a post as "spiritual"?

3. To stay in human form and...
It really sucks when you cover your pearls in shit like this.

One more thing:
Stand strong in the fact that you are a rational and emotional being, capable of creating your own reality, with the blessing of free will. You control your destiny. You are in the captian's seat of your life. You choose how you experience reality.
I'll remember this the next time the concept of determinism comes up...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
Re: The Human Experience [Re: Sclorch]
    #698413 - 06/24/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Very cool post!....
I feel shroomism has touched on some points that are not often given thought.
Wisdom does lead to spiritual growth, as well as other personal growths. I have always thought of life as a type of learning experience, as well as a very joyful experience.WE are ALL one, there must be something before and after the human experience because everything is just too strange. As Bill Hicks said "Its just a ride"
Peace, Trev

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Loc: G-Ville FLA
Re: The Human Experience [Re: ChubbSubb]
    #698763 - 06/24/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hey to each his own, if shroomishms view on life is one full of romantic spiritual concepts, and someone else has a complete contrary beleif then so be it, just because someone posts a beleif or concept which you do not beleif or agree with doesn't mean you should be offended, or feel threathed, its just an opinion and no no ones opinion is more important or more "right" than anyone elses. I have my beleifs in my world, and you all have your beleifs in your worlds, the expression of these beleifs on the message board is not a spiritual-fascit practice to invalidate your own beleifs, romantic or skeptic.

adam

--------------------
-i am waiting for my boyfriend/compainion-
_I wish i were Aeon Flux_

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The Human Experience [Re: 11polakie11]
    #698826 - 06/24/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It's just something called coherence... zen masters know this concept... as did Nietzsche and his kin: William James and the pragmatists.
I am no fascist. I have no beliefs. However, I am not a nihilist.
I've confused you no doubt.
I cannot present my system of thinking to you, it is formless. I can only tell you what it is not.
Here's some:
Romantic and skeptic are terms used by digital thinkers... I am an analog thinker. I label things knowing full well the arbitrariness of those labels. That which I label is inherently meaningless... I know this. So I criticize... I mean no harm. So I use harsh words... they're only words. Maybe I'm trying to burn a doubt, a question into your neural network. Maybe it takes the heat of an insult to do so. Maybe you'll listen.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Loc: G-Ville FLA
    #698836 - 06/24/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

even so, it doesn't mean you are right or that your system of beleifs works for me and my neural network

adam

--------------------
-i am waiting for my boyfriend/compainion-
_I wish i were Aeon Flux_

Anonymous

Re: The Human Experience [Re: chodamunky]
    #698910 - 06/24/02 06:25 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I only know what is true for me through life experience. My main emphasis was on gaining of wisdom through experience. What I call wisdom is recognizing your mistakes and learning from them, as well as remembering past experiences that went well due to a series of reactions or dialogue, and applying your previous experience to the present situation. To me, wisdom is simply knowing the best way for you to deal with a situation when it occurs, by connecting to a past experience in which you learned something from.

But wisdom is more than relying on previous experience to deal with the present. It also involves being able to adapt and change with your environment. The readiness to confront changes without a preconception of the outcome.

I only know what is true for me. In my world, experience = wisdom = evolution
One could go further along that chain and say
experience = wisdom = evolution = creation = experience

Any kind of experience eventually leads to wisdom , or insight. Wisdom is absorbed by the soul and becomes a part of it. This is true for me. I don't assume it is true for everyone, but I don't see how I would evolve differently than anyone else. We are, after all... all humans. This is my perception. Thank you.

Anonymous

#698941 - 06/24/02 06:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

1. Even though there are dimensional beings, that may reside in a higher vibration than you..

Crap, and I'm not just saying that (for those who haven't read my plethora of posts made on this subject).

Even if you do not have any beliefs, surely you must recognize the fact that different frequencies exist, no?
Is a ray of light physical? You can certainly see it, but you cannot touch it.
Why? Because it vibrates at a higher frequency then you do.
I don't know if you are familiar with sub-atomic particles, but they vibrate at certain frequencies according to their composition. It just so happens that the sub-atomic particles of wood vibrates at a lower frequency then say a human body. The same is true for light, or sound. It exists as a frequency, and it just so happens that it is my crazy belief that frequency contains consciousness.

What's this "we" shite? Collective memories?

It is my belief that all beings of consciousness gain wisdom and share a link with each other that allows all of the wisdom of every being to be available to any being at any time. The collective memories of Earth, or the collecitve memories of the Universe. We are all a part of the same source, no matter how many ways you slice it. Therefore, is it not logical to think that all beings of consciousness share a link with their original source?

I have beliefs. But that does not mean I am erroneously attached to them. If I had an experience that changed my beliefs, I would change them accordingly. I am not opposed to changing my beliefs in light of a new understanding or insight through experience.

I happen to enjoy knowledge and the constant pursuit of it. I do not claim to be an omniscient physics instructor, but I do know a thing or two about my mind and environement.

OfflineLiveLife
Stranger
Loc: where the sky meets the l...
    #699224 - 06/24/02 08:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i know im changing the subject some what, but does anyone ever feel their "chi", personal energy, warmth, electricity, or however
you would like to phrase it, when you are in an "altered" state? I know that when i am i feel energy flowing through my blood, and when
i put my hands in close proximity i can feel extreame heat the isnt there. I dont know if this has been a part of many posts, so forgive my
ignorance if it has. just wanted some thoughts on this.

--------------------
Feel the energy that flows through your blood.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #699614 - 06/25/02 03:26 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

What I call wisdom is recognizing your mistakes and learning from them... It also involves being able to adapt and change with your environment.

Like learning from the mistake about the "Face on Mars" when presented with new overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Whoops, sorry! You really did not learn anything from that mistake except how to further entrench yourself in denial.

Is there really any wisdom in blindly accepting the words of a stranger on the WEB such as ZetaTalk? Or is wisdom finding your OWN truth?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The Human Experience [Re: deepr]
    #699624 - 06/25/02 03:38 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

he didnt put the post up for the benefit of your personal growth
And you can tell shroomism's intentionality, how?

if you have a look youll see the name of this forum is spirituality and philosophy, not scientific wank
Ah, it is called "Spiritual Wank", then? This IS a discussion board and chodamunky's reply was not out of line. However Mr. Reading Disorder, choda never once mentioned the word "science" nor "laboratory", nor "experiment". Do you just make stuff up as you go ala shroomism?

if you dont like what he has to say, then tell us how it is....
That is not a requirement in a response.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order