Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegerbletits
banana hamock

i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble???
    #6965859 - 05/25/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

okay i would like to start by saying that i ate about 6 fresh aborts the size of a large pea each. this is my second time tripping, the first was over 3 years ago, i was looking online shortly after and read that shamans who use the mushrooms abstain from caffiene and alcohal for days in advance, i had about 200 mgs of caffiene about 20 min before eating the mushrooms, is this going to effect the trip or anything???? also is 6 aborts going to do much? i have plenty more and planned on graddually eating them 1 or 2 at a time throughout the day so i could comfortably gain the trip instead of it just hitting me like a hammer like it did last time(i passed out twice, then vomited), i feal a little light-headed and extra happy, but no visualls or anything yet...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery

Loc: Gallifrey
Re: i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble??? [Re: gerbletits]
    #6965872 - 05/25/07 02:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

1) the caffeine won't do much more than you'd expect it to
2) you need a scale to weigh the mushrooms accurately (preferably dried for best accuracy since the water weight will vary).
3) next time do the research/questions first, eat the drugs second.
4) have a nice day :smile:

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble??? [Re: gerbletits]
    #6965873 - 05/25/07 02:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You would need at least 20g fresh to feel it i believe. Im not experienced in fresh doses but i know from your description theres no way to tell. Also yes caffeine was a bad idea.

--------------------

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery

Re: i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble??? [Re: AJ4U]
    #6965881 - 05/25/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AJ4U said:
Also yes caffeine was a bad idea.

How ya figure? I mean, sure, you might want to avoid it, especially if you're sensitive to caffeine. But the worst it will do is maybe make you a bit edgy. But given his likely low dose I don't see it as being an absolute bad idea. It's not physically dangerous and at worst you might have more anxiety (especially on the comeup) but big deal.

--------------------

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Re: i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble??? [Re: unbeliever]
    #6965890 - 05/25/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
Quote:

AJ4U said:

How ya figure? I mean, sure, you might want to avoid it, especially if you're sensitive to caffeine. But the worst it will do is maybe make you a bit edgy. But given his likely low dose I don't see it as being an absolute bad idea. It's not physically dangerous and at worst you might have more anxiety (especially on the comeup) but big deal.

i said that cause he mentioned passing out the last time he did mushrooms and to be honest it was not a very detailed description at all and well i think caffine and psychedelics just dont mix well.

and from my own experience i have trouble sleeping after a trip, though i feel very heavy and slow i wouldnt think this would help.

--------------------

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #6965894 - 05/25/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

>>i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble???

Big Trouble :cop:

You spelled caffeine wrong.  But that combo should be fine, enjoy.

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #6965895 - 05/25/07 02:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I once washed mushrooms down with Coke. It definitely won't have massively harmful effects, psychologically or physically. Some people don't like the idea but it has a pretty small effect on the trip for me.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Re: i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble??? [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #6965896 - 05/25/07 02:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I shoulda mentioned to stay hydrated as its one of the main reasons for blackouts when tripping!

--------------------

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery

#6965899 - 05/25/07 02:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AJ4U said:
Quote:

unbeliever said:
Quote:

AJ4U said:

i said that cause he mentioned passing out the last time he did mushrooms and to be honest it was not a very detailed description at all and well i think caffine and psychedelics just dont mix well.

and from my own experience i have trouble sleeping after a trip, though i feel very heavy and slow i wouldnt think this would help.

Ahh somehow missed his last sentence, my bad. Still, if anything the caffeine would help him not pass out. Either way though, I hope like hell this guy has a trip sitter. Passing out + barfing = good chance for dying. Just ask almost any dead rockstar. As for the caffeine keeping you up, the time it takes for caffeine to pass through your system is about as long as your trip will be, so it shouldn't be a huge factor in post-trip sleeping.

Just mine opine.

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble??? [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #6965901 - 05/25/07 02:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Combining caffeine with MAOIs is dangerous. Combining it with psilocybin is not. At most, you'll feel slightly hyperactive.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery

#6965906 - 05/25/07 02:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AJ4U said:
I shoulda mentioned to stay hydrated as its one of the main reasons for blackouts when tripping!

Exactly, and I can't stress strongly enough that if you have any history of blacking out (especially accompanied by vomiting) you really, really should have a trip sitter.

--------------------

Offlinegerbletits
banana hamock

#6965922 - 05/25/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

oh dont worry im definately NOT sensitive to caffiene, i take about 1000 mgs a day to keep my metabolism and body temp up, but i don't plan on taking anymore today, as for the trip, i have a digi and after weighing some similar pins, i think i ate about 6-10 grams wet, and am experiencing some mild visuals, aj4u, your avator is trippy as hell! in about 20 minutes i think ill eat a few more. i want to up the high incrementally, think another 3 grams wet will do the trick?

Edited by gerbletits (05/25/07 02:33 PM)

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

#6965927 - 05/25/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

s your friend, i wouldn't depend entirely on it though. Apparently 22g wet is about half an 1/8th

--------------------

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery

#6965933 - 05/25/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gerbletits said:
oh dont worry im definately NOT sensitive to caffiene, i take about 1000 mgs a day to keep my metabolism and body temp up, but i don't plan on taking anymore today, as for the trip, i have a digi and after weighing some similar pins, i think i ate about 6-10 grams wet, and am experiencing some mild visuals, aj4u, your avator is trippy as hell! in about 20 minutes i think ill eat a few more. i want to up the high incrementally, think another 3 grams wet will do the trick? the strain is equadorian, cubensis, and they are all nice healthy mushies picked only hours ago.

:smile:

--------------------

Offlinegerbletits
banana hamock

Re: i just ate fresh mushrooms and caffiene! am i in trouble??? [Re: unbeliever]
    #6965954 - 05/25/07 02:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i have 2 liters of water in front of me and ill be drinking it all day, as for the blackout, i ate 4 grams dry, mostly caps, and it was obviously waaaaay too much for me, it was dark out and i was sitting bitch in a tiny car with scarry ass tripping music on when it happened. wasn't even music, sounded like an alien scratching his nails on a chalkboard for 20 min straight.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6966087 - 05/25/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i feel 22 grams fresh is equal to 1/8 dried

--------------------

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #6966105 - 05/25/07 03:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
Quote:

AJ4U said:

Exactly, and I can't stress strongly enough that if you have any history of blacking out (especially accompanied by vomiting) you really, really should have a trip sitter.

Watch your blood sugar too, I've blacked out 3 times in the past few years from letting my blood sugar crash, aggravated by heavy pot smoking. Afaik, I'm not a diabetic or hypoglycemic either.

--------------------

Offlinebluedolphin

#6966484 - 05/25/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

^^
Yep the blood sugar + mushroom combo has made me pass out a couple times.

Maybe a little dehydration, alcohol, and ganja mixed in didn't help..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract