Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :)
    #6960016 - 05/24/07 02:50 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Here are some example threads, and I know there are more. One is a thread of mine. It seems a lot of people lately are having grows where they get incredible growth of mycelium, nice pinset formation, and then a huge let down when the pins grow SLOWLY and never really develop.

SWIM is dealing with this right now...they grow so slow that when the veil breaks they are like 1" fruits. Everything seems right in these stories...high humidity, decent air flow, etc.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6958151#Post6958151

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6916095/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6957576#6957576

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: myndreach]
    #6960041 - 05/24/07 03:06 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

this has realy been answered by myself and others many many many times does it really have to be asked again and take up so much space no wonder why we have 300 billion threads on pointless bs.this thread should be locked

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #6960056 - 05/24/07 03:25 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have yet to see any definitive answers.

The only advice you offered up was "genetics." I seriously doubt that this is it. While I am no expert, I have been doing this for a number of years, and ran into this problem once a couple of years ago, and never found a solution to it then when it happened either.

If there is a set, stated solution to this, I must have missed it in my searches over the years. Please point me to it; it would be greatly appreciated.

Until then, I think we need some consensus from some of the old hands around here.

Edited by myndreach (05/24/07 03:26 AM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: myndreach]
    #6960257 - 05/24/07 06:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Developing fruitbodies require much more water than most realize this is the major cause of aborts! The casing layer really needs to be near saturation or at least close if not they can often abort especially when pinsets are prolific and they all want to bolt at once. Try it next time. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: hyphae]
    #6960490 - 05/24/07 07:57 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

turn the lights off, once a pinset is set there is no need for a thousand hours of light a day, nor is there need for 12/12, it's ludicrous. it's not weed, im sure RR or even hyphae will slam that, but i've tried it their way and it don't work well. i see no reason to waste that much electricity for something that needs about 1 hour of light a day. Mine always took forever with all that light, without it, normalcy.

unless you've ran out of moisture of course.

Quote:

I also introduce 12-16hrs. of light, some people say you don't need this what they don't realize is that yes the pins do need this amount of stimulation to get the most pins possible and after that once the pins are set then you can find there sweet spot which I suggest at least 12hrs.

that's from hyphae's pinning strategy. At the end, "finding the sweet spot" seems to be about an hour a day.

Edited by jeetered (05/24/07 08:01 AM)

OfflineMr420
Stranger
Male

Loc: Oompa loompa land
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: jeetered]
    #6960523 - 05/24/07 08:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Mine do fine on just window sun across the room,never messed with mother nature in regard to light.

Hyph nailed it though every single one of those posts descibes not low humidity but low moisture in the casing and cakes which the humid air alone couldn't be enough to remedy.

I'd lay cash if you get them moisture levels up your fruits would be perfecto.

--------------------

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: hyphae]
    #6960707 - 05/24/07 09:18 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Developing fruitbodies require much more water than most realize this is the major cause of aborts! The casing layer really needs to be near saturation or at least close if not they can often abort especially when pinsets are prolific and they all want to bolt at once. Try it next time. GL

I agree 100%. If mushrooms are 90% water, then surely alot more than 50% of the weight in your substrate should be from water. I switched to a new tub system that that delivers plenty of humidity, moisture, extra water and the shrooms are growing HUGE! and FAST! every time, and this is always using multi spores.

I have also always noticed here that the better sized flushes ive seen here ahave always been in an FC and casing that you can tell from one look that is fully saturated, with little droplets of water EVERYWHERE.

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Offlinekristen
Burn out..don't fade away
 User Gallery
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: jeetered]
    #6960823 - 05/24/07 09:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
turn the lights off, once a pinset is set there is no need for a thousand hours of light a day, nor is there need for 12/12

Yeah, because it's not like they get 12 hours a day in nature, or anything. Or that there's 4 more flushes forming on that same casing at the same time.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: kristen]
    #6961191 - 05/24/07 11:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kristen said:
Quote:

jeetered said:
turn the lights off, once a pinset is set there is no need for  a thousand hours of light a day, nor is there need for 12/12

Yeah, because it's not like they get 12 hours a day in nature, or anything. Or that there's 4 more flushes forming on that same casing at the same time.

Good one! :thumbup::wink:
During pinning jeetered light very much makes a difference 12-16hrs. and works very well most consistently. Only a few milliseconds are needed to stimulate pinning but pin count is has a direct correlation to light spectrum as well as duration and intensity to a point. There is also healthier crops when they stand tall.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
    #6961329 - 05/24/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I would concur with the hydration assessment... I had some wayward coir trays my first few attempts and they pinned and the pins whilted and died... so I dunked all of the trays and a week later pulled a quarter off each of them in the second flush...

btw, very poor form with this thread... if I see one more person ask for a certain prolific someone by name again I am going to weep for the Shroomery... *sigh*

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: xeallos]
    #6961708 - 05/24/07 01:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

xeallos said:

btw, very poor form with this thread... if I see one more person ask for a certain prolific someone by name again I am going to weep for the Shroomery... *sigh*

Well over the years, those two are the main two that have consistently provided no-nonsense answers and information.

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) *DELETED* [Re: myndreach]
    #6961807 - 05/24/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Mankey

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6962342 - 05/24/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
Quote:

xeallos said:

Well over the years, those two are the main two that have consistently provided no-nonsense answers and information.

Thank you. BTW I agree totally!

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Offlinegerbletits
banana hamock

#6962714 - 05/24/07 07:09 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

that makes sooo much sence!!! im glad i didn't go with the "genetics" idea and pic all my mushies the way i was at first diagnosed. my cakes are pretty dry and yesterday i put them on the pearlite directly, they do seem to be growing a bit faster, and have been limiting the light a little more. thanks for making this thread! this was a first grow and i was about to give up on it as too tricky for me...

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: RR or Roadkill welcome, common problem some of us having...help us experts. :) [Re: gerbletits]
    #6962844 - 05/24/07 07:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Slow growing could also be due to contams... Once green mold gets ahold of a casing it all but halts fruiting... They grow SLOWWWWWWWw...

Contams or lack of moisture in the substrate cause slow growth.

It takes good FAE, humidity and plenty of water in sub to put out many huge fruits!..

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6963081 - 05/24/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Quote:

myndreach said:
Quote:

xeallos said:

Well I'm stupid, I was just waking up and tired! Of course you are a third on the list of giants here Hyphae!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6963186 - 05/24/07 09:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
Quote:

hyphae said:
Quote:

myndreach said:
Quote:

xeallos said:

Well I'm stupid, I was just waking up and tired! Of course you are a third on the list of giants here Hyphae!

All the mods here bring something to the table some are more active than others but all IMHO are number one on my list! I hear what your sayin bro thank you, I hope you understand what xeallos is saying too. It's not just you others to are singling out mods this takes away from other mods efforts somewhat personally don't care as I've always said those in he know know those who don't won't. TC bro and GL

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale