Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: This loving heart. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6962416 - 05/24/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:shocked:

You're breaking the fourth wall! :rofl2:

:smirk:

I love you too, my wonderful love, from the depths of my being. :levitate: :heartpump:

:strokebeard: :sherlock:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: This loving heart. [Re: leery11]
    #6962480 - 05/24/07 06:04 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Shite. That post was right on.

--------------------

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in my own lil world
Re: This loving heart. [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6963320 - 05/24/07 09:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DrCamacho89 said:
Quote:

mushbaby said:
Romantic love is beautiful, but usually has so much baggage attached that it's hard to enjoy.  At least for me, I have a tendency to be insecure.

The deepest, strongest, purest love I have ever known was when my children were born.  There's absolutely nothing on earth like it.  I can actually feel the love like a presence in our home.:heart:

Why is that?  Why do people feel a deeper love to someone that they can control or at least feel a stronger sense of control?  I feel our society has made it so difficult for one to truly experience love with another human being because we cannot accept the fact that a person had a life before us, and could have a life after if things go awry. 

With a child, a parent/child love will be there throughout their existence.  That is a deeper bond, but one in which I feel people ignore their spouses and themselves because the feelings aren't as strong.  It's sad really.  We place too much emphasis on our children.

Truly love someone who has not let anyone else truly love them before, regardless of baggage, and you will see what true love and happiness really is.

I also don't see why romantic love is conditional love.  On the rare times that I do give out my love, it is always unconditional.  Anything else would not be considered love in my opinion.

Sorry, just now had a chance to respond:

It seems to me that you belittle the love between a parent/child, but if you read alot of the posts on this thread you see that the lack of this love during many people's childhood affects them the rest of their lives.  And affects their ability to experience romantic love.

My husband and I (together 8 yrs.) do not feel that the kids detracted from our love for each  other.  It has deepened and matured it.

Now back to the rest of the thread:

I agree with Veritas in that life is messy.  Loving someone does not mean everything will be wonderful all the time.  It's  a little idealistic.  But I reckon most true romantics are idealistic.  Not necessarily a bad thing.

I have real love for my man. I have stood by him through some bad times, as he has for me.  But that doesn't mean that we still don't have problems to work through. That is what real love is about. IMO :plur:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: This loving heart. [Re: mushbaby]
    #6963442 - 05/24/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushbaby said:
  I agree with Veritas in that life is messy.  Loving someone does not mean everything will be wonderful all the time.  It's  a little idealistic.  But I reckon most true romantics are idealistic.  Not necessarily a bad thing.

Have you seen Batman Begins? If we do not center our life's path around ideals, then what shall we say regarding our experience of reality? If we devote ourselves to an idea, then doesn't our existance go beyond simply our human form? Consider the propagation of ideas throughout time. Surely ideas are impermanent as well and there is no reason to being attached to an idea... but isn't consciously choosing to exist in an ideal form thus creating our experience of reality?

Don't we be who we wish to be? If you find someone who realizes this as well and you feel compelled to choose to be together and how they will be together, all very naturally and accomplished simply by being present, then won't one's relationship take the form that one and one's partner choose? :craven:

Since when is being idealistic a negative attribute, when one is also capable of acting in accordance with that ideal in one's interaction with reality in order to manifest it? :smirk:

Quote:

But that doesn't mean that we still don't have problems to work through. That is what real love is about.

If I may note an observation, I have noticed that the more two choose to consciously focus upon their mutal experience of love, the more these problems (although I can't even think of any of these :smirk:) will solve themselves naturally, through experiencing reality together as one being. :yinyang: The first best step would be to simply admire the other and consider all of the ways that one loves them, to actually experience that love, and then to express it to them, and to stimulate them to experience that love as well.

If one finds that one is not consciously experiencing love within one's relationship, then one needs to become receptive to it and play one's role in sharing it. If it is true love, the romantic love as I have expressed it to be in this thread, then there won't be much resistance to being receptive in each other - it will simply be a natural state.

If one feels that one has to work at something, then one is attempting to accomplish something without the flowing river with which to sail it. That's the experience of love, a prerequisite on the experience of love. :hehehe:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

Re: This loving heart. [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6963457 - 05/24/07 10:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

DrCamacho89: Here is a video that I found that really applies to my current situation and I think can be appreciated by all of us romantics floating around out there... The Promise

Beautiful.

You may enjoy some explorations in this theme, DrCamacho: The Inner Beloved

--------------------
~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

Re: This loving heart. [Re: spiritualemerg]
    #6963620 - 05/24/07 10:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Good grist... It goes lovely with Tracy Chapman's song.

unconditional love
    the lover, the beloved and the act of loving...

True love is beyond thoughts, feelings and emotions. it is the expression of the Trinity of the lover - the beloved - the act of loving expressed through Being in the moment.

The Essence of Unconditional Love
    In truth, meditation is the state and the art of doing no-thing and being every-thing. Prayer is the inner communion with every-thing and doing no-thing.

Both are states of "Love" (doing no-thing) in communion with "God" (being every-thing). There are no words, no thoughts, no feelings, no emotions. These come later - in retrospect and we view our experience and our knowing through what we have been taught to believe is right and proper action.

Unconditional Love and God
    "Love" and "God" are two of the words many have been accustomed to using in an attempt to paint a picture of this essence. Yet, they are the drop which exists within the ocean and the ocean which exists within the drop. They cannot be separated.

Scholars and scribes down through the ages have sought to find words for this concept. For every age, for every cultural spirituality there has been an attempt by the mind of man to put words around this essence.

The oldest continually surviving civilization on Earth - the Australian Aboriginal has kept the concept of the dreaming alive for over 40,000 years. Their myths and legends bear a remarkable resemblance to the attempts of the mystics of the common era - yet, their cave paintings are much older. Their "walkabout" and their tribal rituals are a moving meditation and prayer - a communion with the world around them which they practice to this very day.

Learning Love
    When we were babies, we had no identity except that given to us by our parents. Later, this sense of identity was added to by the hopes, fears and expectations of others.

In our learned behavior for survival, we learned to develop attachments to those things which raised our approval rating in the eyes of our support network - parents, religion - society.

From this conditioning environment we learned a meaning of love that was not unconditional .. a Love that was Convulsive.

Growing Up and out of Love
    Most of us have never been allowed to grow beyond our childhood dependencies because, being needed felt good. Fulfilling the expectations of another was rewarded and hell would descend the moment we spoke out - unless we were united in a common speaking out.

As we have aged as children, we have translated our infant emotional motivations into attachments to "how do we fit into the support network with which we surround ourselves" in the search for understanding of who we are, we have sought some sort of acceptable idea of identity.

The person who dies is free of this - unless, we, refusing to acknowledge our own unfulfilled expectations, project them in the form of prayers of grief on the soul of the departed.

Unconditional Love - The Christ Consciousness
    The essence of the Unconditional Love that is the embodiment of the Christ Consciousness can not be equated to the love of a mother for her daughter, a teenager for his or her first car or your hankering after a Big Mac.

Unconditional Love more closely resembles the relationship between two very young children when they are left together alone in a room without any adult intervention. A playful innocence that we were born with.

Unconditional Love had nothing to do with needs, wants, hopes and expectations. This is an emotional love and grief is the end result of these emotional energies not being balanced by another person or thing.

To deal with grief and loss, the only thing one has to deal with is the unfulfilled expectations - the collapse of the symbol of what we have not been able to realize within our selves.

the lover - the beloved - the act of loving
    The act of Loving is the separation many impose on their children through need. People say to me "You are Loved". I refuse to accept that. The moment I am expected to accept that I am loved, from my realization of my own wholeness, there is a duality created and then a trinity ..

In the separation from the intrinsic nature of my own beingness - I blaspheme against my Self. Through this blasphemy, I then create the unloved and so another duality is formed.

Then along comes judgment of self on self. The moment I accept that I am loved, I, ego-mind becomes separate from the expression of wholeness.

The Embrace of Unconditional Love
    Within Islam, the essence of Jihad is the struggle within the mind and the body to find this re-union of Self within One's Self.

To hold to be separate is to disregard both the First and Second commandments of Christianity - where, when we go back to the original scriptures (not the translations into any language) we find that here is no God, but the metaphor used is the breath.

Unconditional Love is YHWH - the present continuing tense of the verb be ..
    and translates as I am in the act of being ..
    there is no separation.

Unconditional Love is symbolised in the Jewish "Star of David" (as the interpenetration of all pairs of opposites) which evolved from the primary "Sri Yantra" which is the pictographic representation of the vibration of the perpetual harmony of the spheres - "OM"

In the Tao, it is written
    First there was the eternal Tao
    From the Tao came One
    From One came Two
    From Two came Three
    From Three came ten thousand other things.

This is the essential flow of the tides .. and of the breath .. from full to empty, from empty to full .. neither existing on their own -

For me to accept that I am loved, I become the object of the lover - thus I develop an expectation. The moment that expectation (or need) is not met there is the breeding ground for anger and resentment .. and the moment the lover is lost, the empty space of unfulfilled need and expectation is called grief.

This is the inner battle which leads to tiredness, and, in projecting love or a need for love onto any other, we are contributing to the struggle of the other in order to satisfy our own needs and lack ..

Thus we call ourselves devoutly spiritual.

Love's Gift
    The greatest gift we can share with another is through allowing the other to share in the reflection of our essential beingness - to share with other a glimpse of what is their potential .. to allow them to see that to which their eyes may be closed .. because the mind cannot grasp that which it cannot visualize or conceptualize.

Thus, the true teacher can not teach you anything but can only remind you of what on some level you already know.

This is the essential meaning of the Greek root of the term Therapist ..

The Priest-Healer who through his or her being allows one to see that to which they have been blinded but which on some level they already know.

Unconditional Love .. the Essence
    I AM is life itself in the continuing moment of living
    dying each moment to a succeeding moment of living ..

this is the freedom of Unconditional Love ..

What we call "God" is to allow the flow of Tao

In Hindu terms, this is the essence and the absorption of Bhakti the true spirit of the sacred warp and weft of the weave that is called Tantra and the definition of Yoga.

In Buddhism, this the experience of Brahminakaya and living it is Shamballah .. being the essential expression of one's Buddha nature.

This is Heaven in Earth and the focus of the Lords Prayer.

It is the objective, the experience and end result of ZaZen - and the "sound of one hand clapping".

Yin and Yang combined to make the whole,
    yet Yin exists within Yang and Yang within Yin.

When we journey into deepest Africa or Borneo or the Jungles of South America, we find symbols and metaphors which convey the same essence.

Does the tree falling in the forest make a sound?

The Sacrifice to Unconditional Love
    Do you think you are separate?

So long as you are separate, "ego I" will always be a sacrifice -
    a victim of the God outside of self.

It is man's eternal quest outside of self for the "Promised Land" that has created the diversity in the species and the concept of lack which can never be filled unless,

in the Silence beyond all words the mind is allowed to descend into the Common Heart which exists within each ..

"The ocean which exists within the drop"

Unconditional Love

Source: The Lover, The Beloved and the Act of Loving

[Image Source: The Mystic Heart]

Quote of the Hour: Love is the Highest Form of Intelligence

Music of the Hour: The Promise

Edited by spiritualemerg (05/24/07 11:14 PM)

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6963706 - 05/24/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Fireworks, you're saying that it's a prerequisite that love flow like a river?  Rivers have rapids and reversals and waterfalls.  There's log jams and snakes even.  Riding a river is hard work!  Doesn't mean it's not enjoyable and exhilirating.  The rewards wouldn't be so great or appreciated so much if it was easy.

Are we really who we see ourselves to be?  That's an idea for another thread. But to a point we are.  I know I am not the only one but abuse at an early age taught me that while you can see yourself a certain way and see life a certain way that reality has a way of shoving itself down your throat sometimes.

I am very blessed to be with a good man.  But he's not perfect and neither am I.  It's not the love that requires work, it's the day to day of two adults living together that requires work for harmony.  Maybe that better explains what I am trying to say.

I hope I am not coming across as argumentative, cuz I am really just debating.  I like this forum! I would love to continue this debate but I am about to fall asleep.  I'll check it tommorrow.  :plur:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #6963708 - 05/24/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I just wanted to kick in that beyond emotional states, psychologically (soulfully) taken, love is defined theologically as a matter of the 'will.' Will, in some schools of theological thought (to which I subscribe) is more essential than intellect (or feeling). Being able to 'will the good' for someone, even if one is angry, hurt or rejected by another, indicates a transcendental intention that is ontologically prior to any of the thoughts or feeling surrounding that intention. Loving then, is willing the good, despite personal feelings (or thoughts) about the person. One can therefore 'love one's enemies' without liking one's enemies, and in so doing, one 'aligns' oneself with the "Transcendental Ego" AKA 'the Will of God,' and become transformed in the process.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: This loving heart. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6963758 - 05/24/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, the Will is a very powerful tool. It is the true indicator of a the direct intention which is here to pass and combat any undesired and negative "mood".
It is when we become aware of our love and we freely choose that we want to follow that lead no matter what disturbing passenger factors may arise.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6963878 - 05/24/07 11:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Are we really who we see ourselves to be? That's an idea for another thread. But to a point we are. I know I am not the only one but abuse at an early age taught me that while you can see yourself a certain way and see life a certain way that reality has a way of shoving itself down your throat sometimes.

We are always growing if we allow that grow to happen, or, even more to that, if we provoke it.:mushroom2: We are the strongest determinants of who are are and what we become. Sure, outside factors will always have an influence on us... but that is precisely why we are aware beings. To make those situations turn into something constructive.
Bad (as in harsh experiences) will happen too. But we grow from them. We explore reality with the one we love... in each of it's aspects and we get the most of it. But those things make a relationship even stronger if both partners are determined.
I feel the need to know everything with the one I love, to grow together and to be in a continuous state of exchange of ideas and dreams and feelings.:heartpump:

Quote:

I am very blessed to be with a good man. But he's not perfect and neither am I. It's not the love that requires work, it's the day to day of two adults living together that requires work for harmony. Maybe that better explains what I am trying to say.

Please define here you concept of perfection. Obviously, if you're referring to a general term, nobody is perfect.
On the other hand, if you love someone it means that this person is prefect for you (with everything that he is).
If we know the essence of the one we love, how van we find an obstacle in some things that are being considered, by the public opinion, as being imperfect? :shrug:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6963951 - 05/24/07 11:50 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushbaby said:
Fireworks, you're saying that it's a prerequisite that love flow like a river?

I don't recall saying so...

I recall stating that one needs to experience the state of love in order to love and to experience the state of love. :smirk: Either it is here in this moment or it isn't, for whatever reason, even if it is simply a temporary obstruction.

Perhaps on one of the more underlying levels of ourselves, it is always there, but not consciously - thus, without a conscious experience of that state of love, one's acts in attempt to work past obstructions on one's love does not really have any effectiveness. Love is like water, it simply flows, and is has the same power that water has over time. The degree to which one loves will determine that length of time it takes to resolve obstructions, the way that a stream will work away stone to carve out its bed. :wink:

Quote:

Rivers have rapids and reversals and waterfalls.  There's log jams and snakes even.  Riding a river is hard work!  Doesn't mean it's not enjoyable and exhilirating.  The rewards wouldn't be so great or appreciated so much if it was easy.

Yes, but our conscious choices in this moment determine the nature of the course of that river, as we are the ones who are directing our lives down our path through it. Now, with a relationship, there are two individuals that are determining the course the river that is their interactions in this moment (a relationship). This still doesn't mean it is hard work if each other are both immersed within the love they mutually share, if they choose that they will consciously decide how it will be (but sometimes I wonder if there is even a choice being made.... yes, but it feels different because it simply made itself, as the right choice :nut: :heart:). :wink:

This doesn't mean that it is "easy", only, natural. The more that one is struggling to continually stay within the same loving state as the other, the less they are experiencing the depths of their being in this present moment. Things like rocks and logs and snakes are simply distractions from sharing that love. :heartpump: That is not to state that they do not effectively act in accordance with what reality presents in order to navigate through it, but simply that this process of navigating reality does not act as an obstruction to the continual sharing of that love. External circumstances are irrelevant to romantic love as I have described it. :levitate:

Quote:

Are we really who we see ourselves to be?

That is a question of our eye-sight. The real question is are we really who we decide we are? :mushroom2:

Quote:

It's not the love that requires work, it's the day to day of two adults living together that requires work for harmony.  Maybe that better explains what I am trying to say.

Yes, and to better explain what I am attempting to convey in response to this, it really isn't "work" in that, in this continual state of love, these things simply work themself out, naturally. We utilize our influence in an effective manner to navigate the circumstances of reality, centered around the sharing of that love, and we accept the nature of reality and apply a subtle influence to direct our lives throughout its processes.

Quote:

I hope I am not coming across as argumentative, cuz I am really just debating.  I like this forum! I would love to continue this debate but I am about to fall asleep.  I'll check it tommorrow.  :plur:

Yes, these are two great things about this forum. Firstly, if you do need to fall asleep (but first fight that urge! :evil: :wink:), the discussion is always here tomorrow. Secondly, this forum is intended for the discussion of ideas, so you don't need to worry if someone will start to draw assumptions regarding your personal nature, because everyone centers themselves around that spirit, for the most part. At the very least, you won't see someone start to act on it, or else they will be told to take it to pm's. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6964708 - 05/25/07 07:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

[Please define here you concept of perfection. Obviously, if you're referring to a general term, nobody is perfect.
On the other hand, if you love someone it means that this person is prefect for you (with everything that he is).
If we know the essence of the one we love, how van we find an obstacle in some things that are being considered, by the public opinion, as being imperfect? :shrug:

What I mean by us being imperfect is that even though we love each other unfortunately we don't always act in a loving matter.  A bad day can bring out the worst in people.  Sometimes causing us to be selfish, short-tempered or just plain ill.  My husband struggles with an addictive personality (not the ideal but the reality) and I have many, many moods (not always good!:tongue:)  When these two issues clash on the same day there can be fireworks.  Having someone say something mean then slam out the door can bring the question of "Do I really love this person" to mind. In 8 years it has happened once or twice.  The answer was (obviously) yes! I do love him, and so I am still here.

--------------------

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6964721 - 05/25/07 07:35 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If it's not too personal a question, FireworksGod and MushroomTrip are either of you currently in long-term relationships? Have you found "that someone"?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6965106 - 05/25/07 10:17 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushbaby said:
If it's not too personal a question, FireworksGod and MushroomTrip are either of you currently in long-term relationships?  Have you found "that someone"?

Yes :heartpump:
We have found each other :smirk:
And I love him with my entire being. So yes, I have "that someone" that brings all the happiness and love into my life. Needless to say that it's the most profound and amazing feeling out there. I am overwhelmed in love :loveeyes:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6965285 - 05/25/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushbaby said:
What I mean by us being imperfect is that even though we love each other unfortunately we don't always act in a loving matter.  A bad day can bring out the worst in people.  Sometimes causing us to be selfish, short-tempered or just plain ill.  My husband struggles with an addictive personality (not the ideal but the reality) and I have many, many moods (not always good!:tongue:)  When these two issues clash on the same day there can be fireworks.  Having someone say something mean then slam out the door can bring the question of "Do I really love this person" to mind. In 8 years it has happened once or twice.  The answer was (obviously) yes! I do love him, and so I am still here.

This is the difference between loving someone and being "in love," in my opinion.  When you are "in love," you believe that you will NEVER question whether or not you love them, that they could NEVER do anything which you would find hurtful or disappointing, and that you will always find it effortless to remain "in love." 

When you make the transition from "in love," aka INFATUATED, to loving, you recognize that you are dealing with a human being, not a god or goddess, and that you, yourself, are a human being.  This re-grounding can make or break a relationship, and those who stay together post-infatuation are beginning their REAL relationship.

I like to call the infatuation phase "floating on a pink cloud," as it is highly hormonally-influenced, and rarely marred by an argument or disappointment.  The lovers idealize each other and their connection, and firmly believe that this state will never, ever be altered.  Needless to say, the hormones produced during this phase are seriously mind-altering.

The most-prevalent infatuation-producing hormone is PEA, which produces feelings of euphoria, sensations of oneness with the beloved, intensified experience of one's surroundings, increased physical wellbeing, alternating peacefulness and intense excitement, as well as major withdrawal symptoms during separation from the beloved.  IOW, all the hallmarks of Romance.  :shrug:

For more on this, read "The Alchemy of Love and Lust," by Dr. Teresa Crenshaw, an endocrinologist.  This book is an amazing "User's Guide" to the human endocrinological system.

:thumbup:

InvisibleRecondicom
Power of four
 User Gallery

#6965389 - 05/25/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

S_merg said: Unconditional Love is symbolised in the Jewish "Star of David" (as the interpenetration of all pairs of opposites) which evolved from the primary "Sri Yantra" which is the pictographic representation of the vibration of the perpetual harmony of the spheres - "OM"

In the Tao, it is written
First there was the eternal Tao
From the Tao came One
From One came Two
From Two came Three
From Three came ten thousand other things

The Axiom of Maria, a hermetic principle is much like that. The four functions; the four archetypes; the four points of a cross. The house of David. The embrace of unconditional love.Humm... maybe that's why is called the Axiom of Maria.

--------------------
Wave.
'And for this reason repentance (metanoia) is an elevating means. For he who feels impatience with the circunstances in which he finds himself, devises means of escape.
  Now the chief thing in purification is the will. For then both deeds and words lend a helping hand. But, when the will is absent, the whole purificatory discipline of initiation is...'

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: This loving heart. [Re: Epigallo]
    #6965391 - 05/25/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bradleycny said:
Do you think your position of being "not too interested in humanity", as you expressed in that thread a while ago, was present when you had that overwhelming experience of love?

Just curious where you're coming from.

Yes I do. I am not interested now nor was I then interested in peoples personality structures per se, but the heart connection underneath. Mostly we use our personality structures in the service of hiding and self-importance. While personality structures can be interesting and quirky they are mostly creations of culture.

Edited by Icelander (05/25/07 11:44 AM)

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This loving heart. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6965910 - 05/25/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

If one feels that one has to work at something, then one is attempting to accomplish something without the flowing river with which to sail it. That's the experience of love, a prerequisite on the experience of love. :hehehe:

BTW this is where I interpreted you as saying that love is like a flowing river. Maybe I read it wrong, but it was very late for me last night! :plur:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6966307 - 05/25/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds very poetic, doesn't it?:inlove:

True romantic love is the only cosmic truth. It overcomes anything in the Universe. Only those who are worthy will ever know it and so the rest will skof in their ignorance. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6966312 - 05/25/07 04:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushbaby said:
BTW this is where I interpreted you as saying that love is like a flowing river. Maybe I read it wrong, but it was very late for me last night! :plur:

Well, it was kind of what I was trying to say. Last night was a very late night for me as well, and I was attempting to refer to the power that water has to work agansit stone and earth. I was basically implying that, without the experience of and being within love, any attempt without that experience to modify the nature of reality in order to experience that love will not produce love. It is unconditional, remember? Love will change you, its much more difficult to change oneself in order to love. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds