Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Connecting to non-trippers
    #694727 - 06/22/02 04:31 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Have you ever started to feel that it is harder to relate to people who don't do drugs?

Like after i started shroomin i always wanna chill with my friends and blaze/trip instead of playin hockey with group B.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Connecting to non-trippers [Re: fjbk47985]
    #694890 - 06/22/02 05:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The Medical Association calls that "Disassociation"
I call it 'Better'
-OoD

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Loc: G-Ville FLA
    #695027 - 06/22/02 06:25 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

lol, mindsets change! the affiliations with peopel you have change, everyone seeks those similar to them and change happens...brings you to new places, new lessons..have fun

adam

--------------------
-i am waiting for my boyfriend/compainion-
_I wish i were Aeon Flux_

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #695166 - 06/22/02 10:16 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. After you trip your mindset changes, at least for most people. For me, I always thought about spirituality and the nature of reality long before I ever tripped but I can relate because when I first discovered Mushroom's thats all I was interested in and certain people would look at me when I woul say "I wanna do Shroom's" as if I just said "I wanna do Cocaine".

Anyways, its a change of interest and those "other" people call it disassociation or anit-social behaviour and they just don't get it.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #695222 - 06/22/02 10:40 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Excluding anyone only tells of your limitations, not theirs. Everyone has something to teach you and something to learn from you.

Staying only in your group speaks of judgement and/or fear.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (06/23/02 05:46 AM)

OfflineShroomalicious

Re: Connecting to non-trippers [Re: Swami]
    #695380 - 06/23/02 12:26 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, I totally agree with you...its not that I exclude them at all...enough of that was done to me as a kid to know NEVER to do it to someone else...all I mean to say is there suddenly is a conflict of interests. Its funny how you said that you can learn something from anyone, I only just said that moments ago in an e-mail to a buddy of mine, verbatim.

I will admit that I stopped hanging around certain people after I really started tripping, but to be honest its only because they were horrified that I got into "hard core drugs", like Shrooms...foruntely most of my friends were into Shrooms long before I was so they were coming from the same place and they were not shocked at what I was doing...I really would have liked to hang out with these people still but I wasn't going to lie to them and I wasn't going to stop tripping because they were brainwashed into thinking drugs are evil, know what I mean? It wasn't like I had to choose between my friends and my drugs and I chose drugs, it was like they treated me like I had the plague for tripping...anyways, its all very emotionally tricky and its water under the bridge...

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Edited by Shroomalicious (06/23/02 12:31 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Connecting to non-trippers [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #695683 - 06/23/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Its funny how you said that you can learn something from anyone, I only just said that moments ago in an e-mail to a buddy of mine, verbatim.

Not really. The Swam knows and sees all and was merely demonstrating his power.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #698286 - 06/24/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Swami isn't kidding, he's read my mind several times. hehe

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Connecting to non-trippers [Re: Sclorch]
    #698599 - 06/24/02 03:29 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It really does feel good to know that you have experienced something far more intense for lack of better words than your average joe. Like ten little pieces of blotter just showed you more than your best teacher will ever learn in many lifetimes. Maybe that is why it is so hard for you to relate to non-trippers is because you feel superior to them?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Connecting to non-trippers [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #698788 - 06/24/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Eesh... elitism is a major pitfall. Add a little compassion and you're OK.

--------------------

InvisibleBoobs McFeely
enthusiast
Loc: Canada, Eh?
    #698803 - 06/24/02 05:36 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I always try to feed everyone psychedelics, especially those who have never tried them before, so that they can understand the difference between those and the alcohol they're normally so fond of. Usually get them when they're a bit drunk, lost some inhibitions, but not too drunk to know what's going on. Never force anything on anyone, just introduce it as an option. One guy ended up eating 5 hits of good acid for his first trip, and he understood exactly where I was coming from after that. The other got sent even further into outer space, starting with 50mg of DPT and boosting to around 75-100mg total that night. He was telling me about how he'd shift out of his body into an alternate reality, and was seeing leprechauns and friends on rollercoasters and things. Both of them had a blast and I think both of them got "the point". :-)

--------------------
Narc haven, assclown superstore, freakshow, whatever you want to call it, I'm leaving.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#698898 - 06/24/02 06:20 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly! What starts as an amazing experience quickly becomes more food for the ego. The old us/them feeling is how religious wars start. It never begins on a nation-wide scale, but on an individual basis where each side is smug knowing that they have experienced the "truth".

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious

#702003 - 06/25/02 10:17 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I know for me, I never claim to have THE truth but I do claim to have MY truth. Many people swear by their beliefs and often people have conflicting ones, I am not going to say someone is a liar or whatever just because they don't agree with me. They have simply settled upon a different truth wich I equally respect.

--------------------

Anonymous

#702389 - 06/26/02 06:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think alot of that 'truth' is the same for alot of people.. Alot of folks seem too caught up in their own explaination to realize, though..

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Connecting to non-trippers [Re: ]
    #703705 - 06/26/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Alot of folks seem too caught up in their own explaination to realize, though..
I run into this all the time. Once spotted, it is easily mended... if both sides are open-minded.

--------------------

Offlineshroominsmurf
enthusiast
Loc: Where The Good Times Are
    #705434 - 06/27/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"I really would have liked to hang out with these people still but I wasn't going to lie to them and I wasn't going to stop tripping because they were brainwashed into thinking drugs are evil, know what I mean? It wasn't like I had to choose between my friends and my drugs and I chose drugs, it was like they treated me like I had the plague for tripping...anyways, its all very emotionally tricky and its water under the bridge..."
Shroomalicious

You took the words right out of my mouth, its weird how people think your just a dumb druggie, but in fact i only do shrooms i don't even smoke weed anymore (currently) and even then i don't shroom more than once a month sometimes less, but i talk about it like i do it everyday. shrooms are a great thing to this world, i have told my friends that havn't tripped, that if i were to die i am thankful for the experiences i have had on shrooms and would recommend that everyone EVERYONE try them at least once before they die, that are that maraculous (spelling?)

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Connecting to non-trippers [Re: shroominsmurf]
    #713307 - 06/30/02 01:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I find people piss me off with stupidity. People who think deep get along well with me. People who drugs often think deep. People who dont often appear shallow to me. People who do drugs can be shallow too. People who dont do drugs can be deep. People are unique in thier own, but i think when opening hte m ind its frustrating talkign to people who arnt open

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag