Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLegend9123
Male

Season Finale of Heroes *spoilers*
    #6949032 - 05/21/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Edited by trendal (05/22/07 05:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: Legend9123]
    #6949040 - 05/21/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I thought it sucked and I can't believe they ended it that way.

Actually, I've never watched the show before in my life. :shrug:

OfflineLegend9123
Male

Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: adrug]
    #6949057 - 05/21/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You suck. :smirk: You should check it out though it is a good show.

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #6949315 - 05/21/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I saw it. The show is awesome, but I wonder if the creator had changed the original ending after being notified that NBC would pick them up for a 2nd season.

OfflineLegend9123
Male

Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: daussaulit]
    #6949327 - 05/21/07 09:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Not sure.  From what I've read they already have five seasons written.  :shrug:

--------------------
-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #6951003 - 05/22/07 08:26 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Just finished watching it!! I thought for sure the bomb was going to go off, though I had no idea who was going to do it...

And now we have to wait to find out what happens to Hiro :frown:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinesparks8
general freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Teegeeack
Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: trendal]
    #6951037 - 05/22/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

shouldnt he have been able to fly off himself? if he can absorb peoples powers he should have been able to absorb his brothers. right.

--------------------
buy the ticket, take the ride

Offlinesparks8
general freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Teegeeack
Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: sparks8]
    #6951048 - 05/22/07 08:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

or they copuld have just shot him, he would die and cool off and then come back to life.
anyway, great show.

--------------------
buy the ticket, take the ride

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: sparks8]
    #6951076 - 05/22/07 08:53 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Peter is still learning to use his powers...if he had full control over them he never would have been in the position to explode!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6951228 - 05/22/07 10:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Legend9123 said:
Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

I've watched the whole season and loved it up till now, but I have to ask, was anyone else as dissappointed with the finale as I was?

What really got me was how everyone acted like "it was over" when Sylar was stabbed. Only we've seen Sylar regenerate before, and they've established that something has to be lodged in a "regenerator" brain to make the person not regenerate.

It just seemed like huge plot whole that the finale fell right into.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: Economist]
    #6951235 - 05/22/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Only we've seen Sylar regenerate before

We have? Where?

Sylar didn't kill the cheerleader, so he didn't get her ability...

--------------------

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6951353 - 05/22/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So, I'm pretty sure we have evidence of Sylar being able to heal (though not as quickly as Claire) from two things:

First in epsidoe 15 Bennet shoots Sylar point-blank in the chest and yet he is somehow able to get up and run away. We know the bullet hit him, because he gets thrown back and there's some blood.

Second, I don't recall which episode, but I remember one of the many times Sylar is confronting someone he shouts back at them something along the lines of "You think I can't heal!". Now maybe I'm mis-remembering this part, but I recall it pretty vividly.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: Economist]
    #6951446 - 05/22/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Actually that part is in ep 14 :wink:

We don't see any blood...so I'm not too sure of that one.

--------------------

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#6951814 - 05/22/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Okay.  First, Peter said very plainly he couldn't fly because he couldn't control his powers at that time. :smirk:

Second, if they shot him where they wanted to Peter could not have regenerated.  Remember how Peter said to shoot him where he couldn't regenerate.  He even said to Claire, "You know the place."

--------------------
-Benjamin Franklin

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #6952068 - 05/22/07 01:54 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

My problem... Peter HAD controll of his powers... until the finale. They didn't write a very good reason for Peter to go off the handle. He lost control, but we never clearly understand why. 'Cause Clair left... give me a break.

Otherwise... it was very cool, to see a show with the BALLS to kill (at least) two of their most important characters at the end of the season. Next to Hiro, Peter was the most important. Now, Peter is a light show.

Can't wait for season 2.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (05/22/07 05:33 PM)

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: Rose]
    #6953215 - 05/22/07 06:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I thought the finale was somewhat of a letdown.  Sylar just got stabbed and he died just like that?  Supposedly he is so badass, but yet Hiro kills him without having to even freeze time or anything.  Pretty fucking NON-epic IMO.  I might just stop watching Heroes all together after this sorry excuse for a finale.  I guess we'll see what next season brings.

:thumbup:

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Season Finale of Heroes [Re: D4NK]
    #6954756 - 05/23/07 12:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, but Sylar did NOT die. He slithered off. Blood trail to the sewer... cockroach... any of this ringing a bell?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#6954822 - 05/23/07 12:34 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
My problem... Peter HAD controll of his powers... until the finale. They didn't write a very good reason for Peter to go off the handle. He lost control, but we never clearly understand why. 'Cause Clair left... give me a break.

Otherwise... it was very cool, to see a show with the BALLS to kill (at least) two of their most important characters at the end of the season. Next to Hiro, Peter was the most important. Now, Peter is a light show.

Can't wait for season 2.

There is also speculation that Peter can only use one of the powers at a time. If he was using the radioactive power he would be unable to use the flying power. As far as Peter being dead, I do not think so. Nathan, on the other hand, is a goner.

--------------------
-Benjamin Franklin

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#6954881 - 05/23/07 01:04 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I suspect Peter will be back... but not for half the season. They'll focus on Hiro's time adventures for a while. I suspect Hiro becomes the mythological Kensei... and gets a new/old sword, in the process.

Peter used more than one power on several occasions (ie: his battle with Issac in the loft, where Simmone died... or, his first showdown with Sylar... again, in Issac's loft.). He didn't start using multiple powers at once, until late in the season.

In the finale, Peter seemed to loose control, when Claire left (he passed out and, had a dream... remember?). Then, again when Sylar called him a villain. There is no common link between those two events. It was confusing. It could have been clearer.

Also, why the long subplot with Claude... where Peter learned to control his powers... if Peter never really learned to control his powers?

Another gripe... in the finale, Claire says, "There has to be another way!" Then, Nathan flies in from miles away and replies, "There IS another way, Claire." How did Nathan hear her cry for help? Does he have super hearing, or something? I suspect poor writing.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#6954890 - 05/23/07 01:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Yeah, I suspect Peter will be back... but not for half the season. They'll focus on Hiro for a while. I suspect Hiro becomes Kensi... and gets a new/old sword, in the process.

Peter used more than one power on several occasions (ie: his battle with Issac in the loft, where Simmone died... or, his first showdown with Sylar... again, in Issac's loft.).

In the finale, Peter seemed to loose control, when Clair left (he passed out and, had a dream... remember?). Then, again when Sylar called him a villain. There is no common link between those two events. It was confusing. It could have been clearer.

Also, why the long subplot with Claude... where Peter learned to control his powers... if Peter never really learned to control his powers?

Another gripe... in the finale, Claire says, "There has to be another way!" Then, Nathan flies in from miles away and replies, "There IS another way, Claire." How did Nathan hear her cry for help? Does he have super hearing, or something? I suspect poor writing.

I agree the first part of season two will focus on Hiro. Peter will be back, he is too integral to the show to can.

From the training with Claude I thought it was evident also that Peter's control of powers was based partly on emotion. So perhaps emotionally "traumatic" events cause him not to be able to control his powers effectively.

I agree with you 100% about the Nathan hearing Claire say that. Poor writing is most likely the case. It did provide for good drama though.

I also wonder about this new "villain" that Molly spoke of. He is supposedly worse than Sylar.

Lastly, when does season two start?

--------------------
-Benjamin Franklin

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#6955146 - 05/23/07 03:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Legend9123 said:
From the training with Claude I thought it was evident also that Peter's control of powers was based partly on emotion. So perhaps emotionally "traumatic" events cause him not to be able to control his powers effectively.

I agree, BUT it was unclear. That is my point. And they had SEVERAL chances to clarify WHY Peter had lost control. It would've taken TWO seconds.

The drama and sacrifice, at the end of the episode was muddled, because it was not clear WHY Peter went nuclear. If we knew for SURE, we'd be mourning his implied loss today. Instead... meh.

I wish we got to see the new villian. I wish he'd just squashed Sylar, like a bug... or something.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (05/23/07 03:28 AM)

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#6957081 - 05/23/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Quote:

Legend9123 said:

I agree, BUT it was unclear. That is my point. And they had SEVERAL chances to clarify WHY Peter had lost control. It would've taken TWO seconds.

The drama and sacrifice, at the end of the episode was muddled, because it was not clear WHY Peter went nuclear. If we knew for SURE, we'd be mourning his implied loss today. Instead... meh.

I wish we got to see the new villian. I wish he'd just squashed Sylar, like a bug... or something.

Me too. Oh well, I guess we will wait til halfway through season two to see him like we had to wait to see Sylar.

--------------------
-Benjamin Franklin

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom