Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
"The Positive Thinking Thread"
    #6939577 - 05/19/07 06:24 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The"Positive Thinking thread is a feature length discussion/presentation which reveals The Great Secret of the universe. It has been passed throughout the ages, traveling through centuries... This is The Secret to everything - the secret to unlimited joy, health, money, relationships, love, youth: everything you have ever wanted. All the resources you will ever need to understand and live The Positive way of thinking/living. The world's leading scientists, shroomerites, authors, and philosophers will reveal The secrets behind positive thinking, that utterly transformed the lives of every person who ever knew it... Plato, Newton, Carnegie, Beethoven, Shakespeare, Einstein. "

"Positive Thinking" is prolly the most important discussion about quantum philosophy in action i have ever posted...a MUST read for every human on earth!!

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (05/23/07 03:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
Re: "The Secret" [Re: Sterile]
    #6939649 - 05/19/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

have you ever seen "what the bleep: down the rabbit hole" ?

It's an excellent documentery on string theory.

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: "The Secret" [Re: Sunny]
    #6939757 - 05/19/07 07:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, "What the Bleep.." is a terrible "documentary" no matter how you look at it.

And this "Secret" wouldn't be anything related to the book, "The Secret" that was recently one of Oprah's top picks?

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

#6939762 - 05/19/07 07:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i see this is a different torrent than "What the bleep do we know?"

Is there a difference? i liked what the bleep...altho i hear many people ranting its psudoscience, it helped me understand many valuable things...

The secret is very much like it, but somewhat better i can say

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Annos Tek

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: "The Secret" [Re: lukeboots]
    #6939899 - 05/19/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I thought that about "the secret" too. But you didn't like "what The Bleep?!" ??? I thought it was pretty interesting.

I have the dvd that lets you configure the documentery without any of the stpid stroy bits or basically however you like it.

"What the bleep do we know" is something different.

I've always kinda thought Quantum physics was basically a palatable form of mysticism, but it's interesting ideas non the less.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#6940149 - 05/19/07 08:50 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I thought it was kind of a materialistic interpretation of the Law of Attraction.

There is more to Enlightement/Happiness/Liberation than getting the car/lover/house you want.

Still good advice though... The Secret

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #6940220 - 05/19/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know if you have the "Quantum Edition", but that version of "What the Bleep" has an ADDITIONAL 6 hours of interviews....
I don't know how much of it is true, and how much is twisted to make it presented the way that it is, but it was interesting to me none-the-less....
I have seen The Secret.... 
It seemed like wishful thinking, but it is all innocent personal positive states of mind....  :ohwell:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: "The Secret" [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #6940399 - 05/19/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah,

Quantum Edition, FTW.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #6944535 - 05/20/07 09:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mr_sunshine said:
have you ever seen "what the bleep: down the rabbit hole" ?

It's an excellent documentery on string theory.

string theory will make you go crazy.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: "The Secret" [Re: Cracka_X]
    #6944606 - 05/20/07 09:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:
string theory will make you go crazy.

Too late. :crazy:

--------------------

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Aus
    #6945942 - 05/21/07 06:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

the idea behind 'the secret' is no secret at all
i think its blown way out of proportion and taken far too seriously

damn Oprah :evil:

think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts..
fuck that

do the maths!

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: "The Secret" [Re: shroomer_nick]
    #6948015 - 05/21/07 04:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Oprah hijacked that shit.

Didn't you guys get the point that it's not about how you think, it's about how you feel.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: "The Secret" [Re: shroomer_nick]
    #6950509 - 05/22/07 03:23 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I think that the reason behind calling it "the secret" is mainly to draw attention to this positive way of thinking, a way that can actually reconstruct the way we manipulate our thoughts, thus our brain.

I don't really care who is behind of this, or how they wanna call it, all i know is what "I" understand from watching this film, and that, is pure bliss....

I have my own personal experiences from positive thinking, and i know first hand, that it has the power to heal, and regenerate a human tissue...

Positive thinking can actually make us gain control over our thoughts and reshape our spiritual landscape...it has the power to bring us to extacy and that is the doorstep to enlightment...

Think about it...if you can keep yourself happy for a few hours, then why not a whole day? If you can control the happiness inside your head all day long, wouldn't that have a specific outcome?? Of course it would... and that would be positive results in your universe within, and we all know that something like that would reflect on the outside world equaly, since it's just a reflection of our inner cosmos...
Happy go lucky, and that is especially true in the spiritual traveller, for it is he, who wants to gain control over his future

The future is right NOW, and "NOW" is owned by the ones who live their life in spiritual extacy, extacy is a state of mind, and states of mind are reached by learning how the mind works...

Shamanism is all about ecstacy, reaching this state of mind by using mind altering drugs or not, does not change the basic principle of gaining knowledge about how the mind works in order to maintain this ecstatic state...

Feeling only positive and happy means that you have learned the way to maintain this state/way of thinking constantly....which means you start to CONTROL what happens in your brain...

...now control, is the first step towards changing the present "NOW" in your life....and we all can guess that changing now, is actually what shapes the fate of future events to come...

We actually control the future, and make things happen the way we want them to happen....now i really don't need anyone to tell me if this thought is prepared by someone for me or not...

All i know is i have the power to think about this, thus realize it. Trust yourself

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

Annos Tek

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #6950728 - 05/22/07 06:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

while i've thought about this issue my self a few times that movie sucked ass!
i hate the way its made for 3 year olds, assuming the audience is the lowest kind of human that needs to be told. and they repeat them selves over and over, blah!

i walked out in the middle of it mind you... it did not present anything new to my POV and was simply too pretentious for my taste. people that try to sell you "the secret" for life should be WAY more humble then that :smirk:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6951103 - 05/22/07 09:07 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I think that the reason behind calling it "the secret" is mainly to draw attention to this positive way of thinking, a way that can actually reconstruct the way we manipulate our thoughts, thus our brain.

I think that the reason behind calling it "The Secret" has to do more with selling a product that anything else.  You'll hear very few good things about this movie from me though :smile: so I'll shut my trap.  Before I do though I'll say it isn't all bad, even in my eyes, just tread carefully around the subject :thumbup:

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: "The Secret" [Re: elbisivni]
    #6951610 - 05/22/07 11:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Here's an excerpt of a book review of "The Secret":

Quote:

The very latest lemming book is thanks to Oprah, and it's quite possibly the most shameful in the long history of lemming books. It's a self-help book called The Secret, and there's absolutely nothing of worth in it. In fact, it's that rarest of breeds: a potentially harmful book. It's written by Rhonda Byrne with the assistance of a supergroup of 24 self-help authors, including luminaries such as Jack Canfield, of the execrable Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and "Dr." John Gray, of the excrementious Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus series.*

The Secret is being marketed the way The Da Vinci Code was: All the world's best thinkers have been privy to a secret that has never before been revealed... until now. Now, free of charge, I will reveal what The Secret is: It's nothing more than the Power of Positive Thinking taken to an absurd extreme. Byrne writes that Positive Thinking works for weight loss: "Food is not responsible for putting on weight. It is your thought that food is responsible for putting on weight that actually has food put on weight... think perfect thoughts and the result must be perfect weight." And David Schirmer, one of The Secret's self-help gurus, claims that Positive Thinking works for life's more simple pleasures: "I would visualize a parking space exactly where I wanted it, and 95 percent of the time it would be there for me and I would just pull straight in."

They call this the Law of Attraction, under the pretense that the universe wants to shower you with abundance and beauty. Again, Byrne: "The only reason any person does not have enough money is because they are blocking money from coming to them with their thoughts." The Secret protects you from cancer and other diseases: "You are also inviting illness if you are listening to people talking about their illness... If you really want to help that person, change the conversation to good things, if you can, or be on your way." It will even help out that pesky Peak Oil problem: "Belize has become an oil-producing country because an extraordinary team of people believed in the unlimited power of the mind."

A reasonable person might ask: What about starving children in Somalia and elsewhere? What about genocide? What about people who hate America precisely because of its ridiculous abundance and smugly stupid material-spiritualism? The Secret has the answer for that, too: "When I discovered The Secret I made a decision that I would not watch the news or read newspapers anymore, because it did not make me feel good."

I repeat: This is an Oprah-endorsed bestseller.

And do you know to whom The Secret is dedicated? That's right: You.** And can there be any wonder why? "The Earth turns on its orbit for You... Every beautiful thing you see, every wondrous thing you experience is all there, for You... You are the master of the Universe... You are the perfection of Life... the time to embrace your magnificence is now."

And also: You are a lemming, and if You follow the directions in this book, You will be an Asshole of the Highest Order. This is the closest I've ever come to calling for a good old-fashioned book burning, and I've read Dianetics and the Bible and the complete works of Ayn Rand. Watch the face of the bookseller who sells You this book. You will see contempt. It is intended just for You.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=170546

:shrug:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: "The Secret" [Re: lukeboots]
    #6954038 - 05/22/07 09:30 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

who wrote that review?

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: "The Secret" [Re: ManianFH]
    #6954158 - 05/22/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Paul Constant

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#6954472 - 05/22/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mr_sunshine said:
I've always kinda thought Quantum physics was basically a palatable form of mysticism, but it's interesting ideas non the less.

Look shut the fuck up, you are a fucking retard. I cant fucking stand people who know nothing about quantum using it to support whatever bullshit they are currently spouting. Quantum is nothing about mysticism bitch, you see that computer you are using, does it look mystic to your ass? That shit fucking runs on quantum physics, its all just useful science, so stop buying into whatever idiot movie producer or philosopher is currently claiming to be in the know concerning quantum, and maybe try and learn some.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: "The Secret" [Re: Simisu]
    #6955296 - 05/23/07 05:40 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I must agree on the "humble" part.

But feeling you are in no-way part of the "lowest humans"  who actually need this type of help, isn't very humble either.

I felt the same thing about them treating the audience like infants, but the subject they are dealing with, is infact very simple and hard to get at the same time...

Positive thinking is shurely the way to go, there's no doubt about that, (given that anyone want to achive anything positive in this world), but altho it is a simple rule one must follow, it somehow manages to slip out of our control...

Controling the thought-flow inside our brain, is something simple to talk about, but very hard for most humans to really see as part of their possibilities...we are all 3 years old when it comes to controling our thinking...

Actually criticizm on this documentrary is imo not very usefull...and thats because this isn't really about how someone directed anything at all...

The stuff they point out, are internal human mechanisms blended with strong doses of spiritualism, hence the buzz and negative reviews...

In fact, negative reviews, is total proof, that the real message didn't reach your central nervous system (ok,ok, :laugh:

Anyway,,  fuck the who's and why's and lets talk about what the secret is alla about...please tell me what you think is false from your experience in life, and leave the way it was presented, and who is behind all this for a while...

:pinkshroom:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

Annos Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale