Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Age breeding disinterest in drugs [Re: elbisivni]
    #6939956 - 05/19/07 07:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
that's what I was thinking, but it seems more so that TK421 is avoiding psychedelics. I think that if he were to find ample success and comfort he would be just as into them as he was when he was younger. perhaps his current situation is just too depressing to go on a trip and when circumstances are better he will probably be interested in it again.

Yeah... as RGW said, I don't think that it would be the best idea... not in all cases I mean. What once worked it might not the next time. He is definitely on way to a lesson because he's on a hard place. But maybe for that he needs a "sober" mind.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Age breeding disinterest in drugs [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6939970 - 05/19/07 07:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Yeah... as RGW said, I don't think that it would be the best idea... not in all cases I mean. What once worked it might not the next time. He is definitely on way to a lesson because he's on a hard place. But maybe for that he needs a "sober" mind.

This seems very much like it is the case.

I was a little concerned I had lost a family member to everlasting sobriety :lol: yes, I should have known better, I just hope things start to look a little more up real soon.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Age breeding disinterest in drugs [Re: elbisivni]
    #6944615 - 05/20/07 09:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Like Huehuecoyotl, I pursue a path that turns out to be about individuality and individuation (in the Jungian sense). I have a social need that has never been satisfied. I am in introvert and I prefer intimate encounters with individuals, not superficial contact with large numbers of people. Even in my psychedelic heyday as a college student, I discovered that nobody I met took this psychedelic lifestyle as seriously or as joyfully as I did. Nobody really delved into the philosophical, depth psychological or theological implications. My Lady tells me that several people she knew at Cornell, a much better school than my own undergraduate school, took psychedelics, but they went on to become fully enmeshed in The Matrix as physicians and lawyers and such, leaving all potentially transforming experiences behind.

I too had my own set-backs: a 'born-again' phase, marrying the wrong woman, trying to become established in a career, divorce/devastation/dating/disorientation. But, unlike a school psychologist in midlife who said "I don't read anymore," and who was only interested in his new house and the banal aspects of life in this world, I am still enthusiastic about the awakening of a state of consciousness which makes all worldly endeavors superfluous. Instead of the perfect partner, house, car, clothes, career, etc. by which people jump from temporary satisfaction to temporary satisfaction, I want to experience Monday mornings the same way as I experience Friday afternoons, and I want to feel the same way during the work week as I do when I'm on summer vacation. This is The Great Work of alchemy, and the state of being 'turned on,' full time, is The Philosophers' Stone.

So yes, psychedelics serve as occasional 'booster shots' to this end, and even though I could buy a Dodge Viper, which would attract many gold diggers and strippers in Miami, I will not devolve into some midlife crisis, lose my Lady and my soul in the process. And while the psychedelics hone down my introversion to the fine point of one-pointed consciousness, and while it chases away most people who will not also pursue one-pointedness, single-mindedness, or even have a point to their existence beyond sociobiological roles, I will continue on my path. I will not turn about 180 degrees like Jim Morrison or Jerry Garcia or countless others whose lack of social support in this matter fell away when the 60s ended. I still program myself psychologically (I bought some more Beatles, some Quicksilver Messenger Service and King Crimson today) to effect my emotional life in the face of social-temporal isolation (I too live provisionally in a 60s-70s psychic bubble, which helps support my spiritual work ["Sherman, set the Wayback Machine to 1967..."]), and our home is psychedelic. Visions are NOT meant to be abandoned. Transpersonal inklings are the gateway to Eternal Life and Light. Everyone else may acquiesce to mundane sociobiological existence, role playing, self-importance, and boasting about one's children and grandchildren, but I hope that there is something more important in Life for everyone who plays those roles - there is for me.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Re: Age breeding disinterest in drugs [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6946184 - 05/21/07 08:33 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I saw many good things in this post here and wanted to throw in my own opinion, although it doesn't include everyone.

IMO and IME, many people do psychedelics when they are "young" and want to have "fun". Then, just like mj, when they suddenly "grow-up", they view those things that society has told them are bad as such. Most people, including myself during my first uses, don't understand that psychedelics can be a teaching tool. Thus, they can be scared by what goes on during their journey. There are many though, such as myself and others on this site, who learn the true powers of these natural substances.

What entertains me most about those who use "drugs" until they "grow up" is what they will continue to use throughout life. Not only will they continue to use it, but they will see no problems with getting trashed. IMO, alcohol is nothing more than a poison. It doesn't allow thought and IMO creates the mob scene that is sometimes associated with "drugs". When I felt that I "grew up" it was actually the alcohol that got cut from my use.

For myself, at this point in my life, I see a lifetime of use ahead of me. I have different kinds of trips and feel that these have helped to teach me a new balance in life that previously did not exist within myself. I also have seen through the fable called religion and have come to realize that god and religion have come to exist through our use of psychedelics. When I had my first OBE and "talked" to "god", I came out of going, HOLY SHIT, I can't believe what I just learned. As a result, I started trying to learn as much as I could and came to another ah-ha moment: Man's use of psychedelics most definitely aided in furthering our evolution. Why should I stop evolution just because some schmuck(s) wants to remain in absolute monetary power?

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Age breeding disinterest in drugs [Re: trippindad82]
    #6947808 - 05/21/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Real adults go out and get trashed in shitty little depressing bars with the same dull and depressing people every week and then drive home drunk unconsciously wishing that it may be their last venture. Drugs are for immature college students, hippies and junkies, all of whom deserve no respect whatsoever.

Grow up, let the world cave in on top of you, then you'll fit it, hooray.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds