Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
A New Bluing Psilocybe from Tasmainia
    #6918757 - 05/15/07 06:11 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Here are two pages from a lengthy paper from the Australasian Mycologist. I had to pay for this one last year.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (05/15/07 01:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: A New Bluing Psilocybe form Tasmainia [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6919348 - 05/15/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Holy crap! I've seen this species. A collection was made in Sweden that looks nearly identical.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6110903#6110903

Microscopy here:
http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/microscopy_composites/Sweden_psilocybe_001

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Edited by Workman (05/15/07 10:58 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: A New Bluing Psilocybe form Tasmainia [Re: Workman]
    #6920070 - 05/15/07 01:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Could be P. strictipes, but liberty caps are all over Sweden. And remember the sketch is typical of about twenty Psilocybe species, even P. semperviva can be similar with or without a nipple. There are dozens of photos in the Heim and Wasson 2 vol. set which also resemble the sketch in the article I posted.

mj

I do notice a slight remnant of a veil there in your photo?

mj

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: A New Bluing Psilocybe form Tasmainia [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6921963 - 05/15/07 09:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps, but the microscopy is similar as well. I am attempting a cultivation, but its not going well. The photo isn't mine and all I have is a dried specimen.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

#6922724 - 05/16/07 12:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I found a type of bluing dungloving mushroom growing near Dunedin, New Zealand. Pretty similar to the description mj posted. I wonder if they're the same type?

Twas a pity no-one could identify it. Although I did get some microscopical photos of some dried specimens. Also a pity I never managed to get any good photos of them, only blurry ones!!

for example:

Cheers for sharing this article MJShroomer

Edited by haunted (05/16/07 12:15 AM)

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
    #6937663 - 05/19/07 04:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

"solitary to subgregarious on cow dung." the paper above states.

But here in Sweden they were growing on horse dung.

It wasn´t me who took the photos and posted the spore prints to workman but I was talking to him in a thread on the Swedish forum Magiska Molekyler and provided the contact ( https://forum.magiskamolekyler.org/index.php?showtopic=14735 ). I tried to talk him in to going back for more photos, but he didn´t want to, because there is very big power lines going over the pasture which made him feel ill.

This photo is of the same mushroom as in Workman's photo, but matured:

However he took this photo from above on a mushroom which he claimed was growing from the dung.

Apparently he found about 50 of this kind (growing from the dung) together and they had thicker stems than all the other p. semilanceata.

And the pasture had more weird looking shrooms. We (at Magiska Molekyler) didn´t believe him when he showed us this photo and he claimed that the yellow looking shrooms with bright gills were p. semilanceata... but since then I have seen albino & sporeless p. semilanceata that look similar.

Maybe the power lines act like an ionizer and draw spores to it, or cause mutation? :wink: The pasture was crowded with p. semilanceata, I think he picked at least a thousand.

Edited by knarkkorven (05/19/07 01:06 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: A New Bluing Psilocybe form Tasmainia [Re: knarkkorven]
    #6937748 - 05/19/07 05:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

WE have picked P. semilandceata in the PNW on properties owned by pacific Fas and Electric with high tension wires over head. Lots of liberty caps and no illness and those pastures have been there for year. Now over forty years and before.

Because liberty caps normally fruit with their roots attached to wild grasses, it is possible that a mushroom could start to grow from the ground and then a horse can take a shit and the mushrooms come up form the shit.

Also, spores on grasses can have a cow, horse or buffalo shit on where spores have deposited and the mushrooms will pop up from the grass and grow through the manure the same way a blade of grass does where their are grassy tuffs in the main area of a pasture.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom