Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStropharis
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
The Infertility of my white gilled mushrooms, damn!
    #6931014 - 05/17/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So I decide I was going to make some prints with the 1st flush of my next two cakes. While I was doing it I noticed the gills where really light, being the newb I am, I continued to lay them out for prints and then come check the shroomery for some info. What do you know, sporeless mushrooms. I've read an ass load on this site and never heard that before. The only cause I've read was it happens more in poor light or FAE conditions. I think mine is good, maybe too much (amount not intensity) light if there is such a thing. Anyways, I thought it was interesting. My first cake in the batch had dark gills and I'm hoping to see more of them so I can get some prints and start another project. If you know any fact about this, please do tell. Oh by the way this was off two separate cakes and it's supposed to be rare, so I'm thinking it might be linked to the conditions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: The Infertility of my white gilled mushrooms, damn! [Re: Stropharis]
    #6931048 - 05/17/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Genetics play the biggest role in that.
Make an LC or do some agar work with the fruits that you've got if you wanna keep it going without starting from scratch.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: The Infertility of my white gilled mushrooms, damn! [Re: atomic1]
    #6931073 - 05/17/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It's genetics, and something else I've discovered, is there are often basidia on the gills producing clear spores. Check your prints under a microscope. You might have good prints, but just can't see them. The clear spores have a far lower germination ratio, but many still do germinate and grow, if used fresh.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleStropharis
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Infertility of my white gilled mushrooms, damn! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6931120 - 05/17/07 05:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting you say that because when I received the syringe I was curious to why it was so clear and the jars did in fact take a little longer to colinate than I was expecting. Is it possible for the chances to be higher of creating light gilled mushrooms with clear spores. I didn't dig to far into the topic cause I read it was okay to have a clear syringe. I had one flush that had dark gills, hopefully I'll get another.

OfflineBlehMaestro
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Infertility of my white gilled mushrooms, damn! [Re: Stropharis]
    #6931287 - 05/17/07 06:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JoeSnuffy said:
Interesting you say that because when I received the syringe I was curious to why it was so clear and the jars did in fact take a little longer to colinate than I was expecting. Is it possible for the chances to be higher of creating light gilled mushrooms with clear spores. I didn't dig to far into the topic cause I read it was okay to have a clear syringe. I had one flush that had dark gills, hopefully I'll get another.

Spores are invisible to the eye - unless in high numbers. This could be the explanation if they aren't clear spores.

What species is it?

InvisibleStropharis
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Infertility of my white gilled mushrooms, damn! [Re: BlehMaestro]
    #6931401 - 05/17/07 06:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

B+

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom