Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineretrospect
Confusion on Psychedelics.
    #6928859 - 05/17/07 07:30 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I did LSD a while back for my first time and it kind of turned me off psychedelics for a bit. I took two strong tabs and spend the remainder of the night trying to work out what happened to my reality :blush: Very Confusing. It wadsnt a bad trip at all, quite enjoyable just being in an altered state, but I didn't learn or gain anything from my trip. Quite Dissapointing. I'm thinking of trying again, either with mushrooms which are apperantley better teachers, or a lower dose of LSD. Am I the only one who experiences this confusion on psychedelics, everyone talkes about their revelations and such whereas all I received was a fragmented reality :S Did I take too much, are shrooms a better idea?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: retrospect]
    #6928871 - 05/17/07 07:34 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Did you smoke weed during your trip?

Many times, no matter what the substance, I will hit a point where confusions taked over because of intensity of the experience. The ability to clear out your mind and deal with this confusion is just something you learn over time with tripping. A good meditation practice is also helpful with this.

Shrooms, in my opinion, bring ALOT more confusion than LSD ever has.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6929424 - 05/17/07 10:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like some weird form of ego loss.
Also it depends if you were on some medication that affect your trip.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#6929478 - 05/17/07 10:25 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
I did LSD a while back for my first time

Give it time.  Could you ride a bike your first try?  How about swimming?  Tripping, just like anything, requires a sense of familiarity before you can really begin to explore.

As gopenguins said, a meditation practice really helps if you want to explore.  If you just want to have fun, then maybe try a lower dose until you get the hang of it.  The thing about acid is, the only way to control the trip is to give up control completely. 

:heart: Peace :heart:

:hippie:

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6929479 - 05/17/07 10:25 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I am ALWAYS confused as hell when i trip (Mushrooms more than LSD) so i think that what you are experiencing could be normal, what i have noticed is that the more i trip the better at it i get so i learn how to manipulate the drug (with lsd) and learn how not get caught up on the rough spots, it gets easier and easier to say "fuck that i dont want to think about that right now"

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Offlineretrospect
Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #6930814 - 05/17/07 04:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Alright cheers guys. I think I jumped the gun a bit and am going to try a lower dose, like one tab.

OfflineKryptikTripper
Traveling at thespeed of light
Male

Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: dedjam]
    #6933794 - 05/18/07 08:55 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gopenguins said:
Shrooms, in my opinion, bring ALOT more confusion than LSD ever has.

I agree alot, thats one of the reasons ive grown more attached to LSD, rather then shrooms over the years. But even so, on higher doses of LSD, confusion and loss of reality can be VERY present, and sometimes even too much.

Ive got a trip report in the reports section, kninda talking about my girlfriend having a rough experience with this. You will get used to it though, and sometimes it wont even be aparent. Sometimes you will see everything so clearly it will be creepy.

*Edit* Here that report if you end up being interested.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6914173/an/0/page/0

Edited by KryptikTripper (05/18/07 08:56 AM)

Offlineretrospect
Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: KryptikTripper]
    #6949287 - 05/21/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I took one tab last weekend witth a friend and wow. My world completel cleared up. All these ideas or notions connected together and everything seemed to make sense in a different way. It must of been the better environment which made such an amazing trip.

OfflineEthericOctopuss
One foot in, onefoot out
Male

#6949357 - 05/21/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome bro. I'm going to start out with 1 hit myself the first time I drop Lucy. Glad to hear this was a better trip for you.

OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
    #6949572 - 05/21/07 10:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
I took one tab last weekend witth a friend and wow. My world completel cleared up. All these ideas or notions connected together and everything seemed to make sense in a different way. It must of been the better environment which made such an amazing trip.

Perhaps your first two tabs were an RC, or bad quality LSD, and this recent dose was legit/good LSD?

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#6949716 - 05/21/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:

That's good news, man. It just takes a lot of time sometimes to clear up the confusion. Throughout a psychedelic experience, I am always confused at least once. Mushrooms are a bit harder to control than acid and, like gopenguins said, can be very confusing. I tend to learn a lot more from mushrooms than acid though. The confusion is a good sign. Eventually, after some time, it'll be made clear.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #6950303 - 05/22/07 02:03 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
I took two strong tabs and spend the remainder of the night trying to work out what happened to my reality :blush: Very Confusing. It wadsnt a bad trip at all, quite enjoyable just being in an altered state, but I didn't learn or gain anything from my trip. Quite Dissapointing.

That sounds a lot like my trip on an 8th of mushrooms. For the first hour I felt euphoric and overwhelmed by the rush, seeing some intriguing visuals. With closed eyes, the usual tripped-out patterns quickly multiplied and grew more complex until they formed a solid, 3D image of a twisted hallway. In the foreground, nearest me, a girl with shadowy eyes peeked around the corner. I opened my eyes at this point.

Shortly afterward I slumped over on my bed and quickly slipped into an indescribable state in which I had little or no perception of my own body while my consciousness struggled in vain to understand its own physical nature (a question I've grappled with since early childhood). I could not for the life of me comprehend what or who I was. I muttered random words and syllables, names of friends, especially a girl I was very attracted to at the time, though I don't recall thinking about any of them particularly much. Several times I got up from the bed but, unable to break from this trance-like state, lay back down.

When I came down and saw that three hours had passed, I was utterly confused by what had just taken place - I felt residual effects, but my ego was back in its place. I felt almost as if I had slept, though clearly I hadn't. I was in my room with the door closed, the lights off, and no music on, so there was nothing to distract me. I soon came to understand that I had experienced ego-death - though, unprepared for such an intense experience, had been unable to direct it or do much actual contemplation. It was after all only my second trip. The experience was not positive or negative overall, but as a famous person once said, just was. I've had many more trips since then, but never taken a comparable dose. I plan to soon, though - I want to explore that world again.

Has it been that way for anyone else?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (05/22/07 02:41 AM)

OfflineZenXi6
Illuminate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #6950671 - 05/22/07 05:33 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Holy crap.. what you're describing sound similar to my Friday night..

I didn't think what I experienced was ego death quite.. although.... now that I think about it, I kept thinking how things didn't matter.. things like clothes, like what people think of eachother, like.. i dunno.. all kinds of things..

Unfortunately, even though I had set up a piece of paper to log my experience.. it went kinda like this:

5pm: Made Tea
5:17: Finished First Cup
5:23: Stomach feels strange.. things starting to get weird..

From there, a bunch of indecipherable scribbles are all over the page.. a quote is written at 8:47 which says "I Forgot to Remember" which had deep meaning at the time.. but other than that, a lot of what I learnt and felt I also forgot/haven't pieced together properly...

It felt like being awake and aware in a dream.. except more... weird.

Maybe I was close to attaining ego death.. because I could feel my mind gripping with the fact that we are all of one.. and by we I mean every freakin thing in the whole UNIVERSE! (Let's not get anthropocentric about it!)

*NOTE/EDIT*
This trip was on 6 grams of Psilocybe Subaeruginosa made into tea which my girlfriend and I shared (I figured it 3 grams each.. but I think it might've been 6 grams each.. with less tea.. but more than enough anyways.. i dunno how dosage works yet!)

--------------------
We are the Divine Universe, Incarnate!

Edited by ZenXi6 (05/22/07 05:35 AM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: ZenXi6]
    #6950685 - 05/22/07 05:45 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

LSD is very confusing the first few times you take it, or atleast it was for me. It probably wasn't until my 3rd or 4th trip that I was able to really get much from it, the first few times was just being blown back onto my ass and over-whelmed. Then after awhile you start to get used to it and are able to better handle it without so much confusion.

I still find that the peak can be a little bit *WOW*, especially on a higher dose - confusion will come with that no matter what. I typically find that its the comedown (hr 5+) that I get the most on. Its like LSD shatters your sense of reality/self for the first 4 or so hours, then you pull everything back together during the comedown and thats when you really get the most from it (atleast for me)

OfflineThe Gnome
Geektarist
Male

Loc: Tasmania - Ozzyland
Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: kaniz]
    #6950978 - 05/22/07 08:16 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

LSD made me feel like.. everything was the same and connected, yet it wasn't and then i was connected to it but then how could i be connected to that if it wasn't part of my inner thoughts, then were my inner thoughts real - what is real, is reality real..it has to be, it can't be......

Surely psychedelics are all about confusion and realization?

--------------------
- The best things in life are free - ... though there ARE some cool flashy lights over there for a buck fifty..

*I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like, it's got a basket-a-bell-that-rings-and-things-to make it look good*

"Who are the brain police?" - Zappa.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Confusion on Psychedelics. [Re: ZenXi6]
    #6951376 - 05/22/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ZenXi6 said:
It felt like being awake and aware in a dream.. except more... weird.

That describes what I had pretty well too. I kind of hesitate to call it ego-death outright, since I was such a novice at the time and it was such a balls-out confusing experience with no real revelations to speak of, but it was if nothing else a profoundly altered state of consciousness, at least as different from typical waking consciousness as sleeping consciousness. I was not conscious, I was not unconscious, I was not asleep, I had simply been reduced to the sum of my synapses.

Tolerance probably has a big part of it. Mushrooms have always led me to question reality and become confused, even frightened by the people around me whom I know are all at once just the same as me but impossibly different. This can happen on absurdly low doses of mushrooms, I estimate ~1g or maybe even less. I once got such an effect from nibbling the corner off a block of chocolate with an 8th in it.

Acid is different. I don't find it confusing or unsettling at all. I can drop a couple hits, come up, then go for a walk in the blazing sun in the middle of the day all by myself. Sure, it'll feel a bit weird knowing that I'm tripping and everybody else is just going about their day and probably questioning very little, but it's quite fun to see the world that way. Paranoia's not really an issue, and the confusion (while present) is manageable.

Maybe I haven't dropped enough yet...

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineretrospect
    #6951447 - 05/22/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

im still amazed at how awesome the trip was. all theses ideas and things i kept thinking in my head would connect together to make sense in a new way. like getting a load of new information downloaded into your brain. we went for a walk outside and that was amazing, the sky was the clearest i had ever seen, i could see every star in the utmost detail, i saw like 50 shooting stars and the stars were just swimming around each other. i saw an image of myself from space, looking up from the earth and it hit me really hard how tiny we are, i sat there amazed at how big the universe is for ages. just amazing.

Free sVs!
Female

#6951728 - 05/22/07 12:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms are like that for me. They make me think of everything around me at the smallest, atomic level, then my perspective is blown up to realize that while there may be millions of atoms in this wall or my hand, there are millions of planets in the galaxy, millions of stars, infinite variation - more to see than the totality of human imagination can even begin to comprehend.

For me, acid is more like a series of moments where I say "WHOA, that building looks REALLY CRAZY!"

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineretrospect
    #6951977 - 05/22/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah acid only had its moments where id see something and itd make me think. but when i sat around and talked with my mate all this information that i usually have going around in my head made sense in a different way. two different thoughts would connect and make complete sense. i dunno how to explian it. before i dropped i had been driving on the highway all day and whenever i closed my eyes when on lsd i saw the signs and roads and cars on the highway. i also had crazy visuals all night. the last time i dropped, it felt the same, but just nowhere near as energetic or electric as this time. these tabs were very fresh and the last ones were older. i didnt think that made a difference in the trip though, i thought it all came down to set and setting/ whatever it was im so pleased i experienced the amazement of psychedelics.

OfflineAnotherDimension
Wanderer in the Land of the Lost

Loc: USA
    #6959177 - 05/23/07 10:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It is all about the trip, moreso than the substance. I mean, the chemical is only one factor of many on any given trip. You could take the exact same acid, same amount, at the same time, under what you consider to be the same circumstances, and the resulting trip can be completely different.

Ignore the talk of "bad acid", and while the whole "research chemical" thing is a possibility, it seems pretty small in my opinion. Psychedelics are anything but simple, and I'm glad that round 2 showed you an entirely different facet of LSD.

IME, a big difference between LSD and shrooms for me (other than the duration obviously) was the comedown. Shrooms seemed to seep away cleanly, leaving me in the same manner as the came on. I'd feel relatively 'normal' afterwards. LSD always seemed to patch together my shattered existence, and it would take upwards of a week to smooth out all the seams. Of course, everyone is affected differently.

--------------------
Another Dimension
---------------------------
"Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract