Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinepsilosibling
Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality??
    #6928696 - 05/17/07 06:20 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: psilosibling]
    #6928740 - 05/17/07 06:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My wife and I were watching the whole time...we both noticed many times where you could hear alot of applause, yet no one in the crowd was moving...

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: psilosibling]
    #6928838 - 05/17/07 07:25 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

How can you tell?
I suspect the audience reaction isn't faked, it's just a rotten audience. :shrug:

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: phi1618]
    #6929194 - 05/17/07 09:12 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Wow...and these people are running for President??? Holy cesspool, this nation is FUCKED.

Can I bring something up? Doesn't this sound just like 1950's McCarthyism all over again? Only this time, instead of claiming that commies want to wipe us off the map, we are accusing "terrorists".

And even though McCain is just as crappy IMO as the rest of them, he at least brings up that torture is worthless. And how many people have to be tortured to get one "fact"???????????

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: trippindad82]
    #6929260 - 05/17/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well seeing as how the commies and the Islamofascists have actually expressed a desire to wipe us off the map we might want to take them at their word. I believe it was Kruschev who said that the USSR would "bury" us and the jihadists are none too shy themselves about expressing their desire for our death.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6929574 - 05/17/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Well seeing as how the commies and the Islamofascists have actually expressed a desire to wipe us off the map we might want to take them at their word.  I believe it was Kruschev who said that the USSR would "bury" us and the jihadists are none too shy themselves about expressing their desire for our death.

:rofl2:

Oh my god, a small group of nuts threatened us! :lol: Oh my god let's nuke everyone. :smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6929679 - 05/17/07 10:58 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Well seeing as how the commies and the Islamofascists have actually expressed a desire to wipe us off the map we might want to take them at their word. I believe it was Kruschev who said that the USSR would "bury" us and the jihadists are none too shy themselves about expressing their desire for our death.

First of all, Kruschev wasn't talking any more shit about us than we were about him. Just look at JFK during the Cuban missle crisis.

Second of all, there is a huge difference between terrorist groups and communist nations.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: gluke bastid]
    #6929687 - 05/17/07 11:01 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Also, being a communist is not inherently dangerous to anyone in society. Just because someone was a communist in the cold war does not mean they were taking part in espionage or helping to plan the overthrow of the US gov't.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: Redstorm]
    #6929747 - 05/17/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I was responding to trippindad who said this,

"Can I bring something up? Doesn't this sound just like 1950's McCarthyism all over again? Only this time, instead of claiming that commies want to wipe us off the map, we are accusing "terrorists"."

Both groups have expressed a desire to wipe us out. That was what I responded to. Their ability to actually do so is irrelevant to their desire, although they can certainly make us "uncomfortable." As an historical aside, McCarthy was correct, the State Department was riddled with commies.

JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis? I don't recall any example where the United States expressed an unprovoked threat to annihilate the Soviet Union whereas the entire Soviet credo was that they would spearhead the spread of communism throughout the world, militarily if necessary. See various military activities in Eastern Europe after WW2.

Fireworksgod is just being fatuous as well as disingenuous.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6929779 - 05/17/07 11:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It wasn't a response to what you were implying with your comment, but rather the reactions that the administration themselves produced in reaction to such a thought. It had nothing to do with you personally. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #6929904 - 05/17/07 11:54 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

romney .."its not "torture"..its "enhanced interrogation""...yeah..right...

and i would also beg to differ ever so slightly with mccain that the ticking bomb scenario is one in a million...its zero in a million.. a strawman...and mccains own actions have shown that he doesnt practice what he preaches wrt torture...to wit..mccain supported the final version of the MCA that still allows torture despite expressly forbidding it...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (05/17/07 01:01 PM)

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6930067 - 05/17/07 12:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

wow what a fucking media frenzy..these people aren't just running for president they're trying to win the God dammed golden globe award.. the last fella radiates all sorts of falsehoods.

as for the clapping, to me it does sound like it may be added in. it rises and falls in volume too quickly and consistently. doesn't sound like a real audience I've ever heard - plus it may look like they were keeping the audience off camera during those moments and the speakers didn't seem to see it coming. all speculation of course.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #6930227 - 05/17/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Annapurna1 writes:

Quote:

and i would also beg to differ ever so slightly with mccain that the ticking bomb scenario is one in a million...its zero in a million.. a strawman...

September 11, 2001 was a zero in a million? A straw man?

What about the July 7 London bombings? Another zero in a million straw man?

How about the many MANY bombings of markets, employment lines, funerals and even mosques in Iraq? More zero in a million straw men?

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #6930238 - 05/17/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Annapurna1 writes:

Quote:

..mccain supported the final version of the MCA that still allows torture despite expressly forbidding it...

There's nothing I could add to this astounding piece of contradiction which would highlight its absurdity more than the quote itself, except perhaps to add boldface, so here we go --

Quote:

..mccain supported the final version of the MCA that still allows torture despite expressly forbidding it...

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: Phred]
    #6930253 - 05/17/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Annapurna1 writes:

Quote:

and i would also beg to differ ever so slightly with mccain that the ticking bomb scenario is one in a million...its zero in a million.. a strawman...

September 11, 2001 was a zero in a million? A straw man?

What about the July 7 London bombings? Another zero in a million straw man?

How about the many MANY bombings of markets, employment lines, funerals and even mosques in Iraq? More zero in a million straw men?

Phred

in none of those cases was there a suspect that was captured that had information which could have prevented the said attack or a subsequent attack which could be tortured out of him...did you even bother to listen to the question in the video??...

Quote:

Phred said:
Annapurna1 writes:

Quote:

There's nothing I could add to this astounding piece of contradiction which would highlight its absurdity more than the quote itself, except perhaps to add boldface, so here we go --

Quote:

Phred

i dont dispute that its absurd..but that is what the law says ..

http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/S-3930_passed.pdf

torture is forbidden under section 6(b)(1) ("implementation of [geneva] treaty oblications") of the MCA as follows ..

6(a)(1)

Quote:

IN GENERAL.—The acts enumerated in subsection (d) of section 2441 of title 18, United States Code, as added by subsection (b) of this section, and in subsection (c) of this section, constitute violations of common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions prohibited by United States law.

6(b)(1)

Quote:

TORTURE.—The act of a person who commits, or conspires or attempts to commit, an act specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physicalcontrol for the purpose of obtaining information or a confession, punishment, intimidation, coercion, or any reason based on discrimination of any kind.

however..section 2(g) precludes enforcement of this prohibition ..

Quote:

GENEVA CONVENTIONS NOT ESTABLISHING SOURCE OF RIGHTS.—No alien unlawful enemy combatant subject to trial by military commission under this chapter may invoke the Geneva Conventions as a source of rights.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6930273 - 05/17/07 01:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You do know what a hypothetical is, don't you? It's kind of like an "If this happens would you?????"

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6930281 - 05/17/07 01:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

And what makes you so sure it hasn't already happened and worked?

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

#6930384 - 05/17/07 01:54 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You do know what a hypothetical is, don't you? It's kind of like an "If this happens would you?????"

that doesnt make it any less of a strawman...

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

#6930394 - 05/17/07 01:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
And what makes you so sure it hasn't already happened and worked?

that argument only holds if you can first prove your own negative.. or produce a concrete example of where it has occurred...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6930453 - 05/17/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You're the one who asserted as fact that it has never happened.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6930623 - 05/17/07 03:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality??

what Germany was to World War Two, the USA will be to World War Three.

You're not losing touch with reality, your country is turning into the enemy of all it once stood for.
The emergence of the Fourth Reich is happening all around you.

2007 or 1937, take your pick.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: Asante]
    #6930712 - 05/17/07 03:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Faked audience applause = FOURTH REICH OMG. AMERIKKKA IS TEH SUXXOR.

Just out of curiosity, not respect just random curiosity, what the fuck are you talking about? Thank you in advance for your no doubt brilliant discourse on how this is an appropriate thread for that particular post.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#6930774 - 05/17/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The fading in and out of the audience's applause is highly suspect.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6930984 - 05/17/07 04:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

it hardly even matters what they say, all of that is just to get in, once they're in they'll pretty much have it however they damn well please and the people don't ever need to know about it :shrug:

edit: enhanced interrogation techniques :lol: these people sound like lawyers

--------------------

Edited by elbisivni (05/17/07 05:02 PM)

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: elbisivni]
    #6932358 - 05/17/07 10:24 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

we're just as fucked as we've always been. I'd love to see Ron Paul pull it off.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinepsilosibling
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: kotik]
    #6933883 - 05/18/07 09:28 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ron Paul has been attacked my all the Murdoch Media Corps since he won the first round. The attacks on him are actually quite sickening.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #6934487 - 05/18/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Waterboarding is cool.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QM-mfEMssy8

Torture and the threat of death and pain have no effect on fundamentalists who have lived in poverty and suffering their entire lives. Those who come to harm us have already given up their lives and they understand that.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #6934554 - 05/18/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psilosibling said:
Ron Paul has been attacked my all the Murdoch Media Corps since he won the first round. The attacks on him are actually quite sickening.

FoxNews Sean Hannity will not allow Ron Paul to explain his position regarding American Foreign Policy. Instead he talks over him until the session is up.

what a disgraceful media..

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Watch this video.. is the audience applause faked or am i losing touch with reality?? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6934697 - 05/18/07 01:00 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

71 years old? :eek: would not have guessed that

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order