Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement.....
    #6919092 - 05/15/07 09:05 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ok so they are banning pitt bulls inside a city and this kid at work was complaining
in another city they are requiring pitt owners to be licensed and have insurance
he was saying how this is wrong, blah blah blah...

here is my take on pitt bulls.
first of all i think a lot of people choose a pitt as a status symbol.
they want to show people " look at me with this dog everyone says is dangerous, wow im soooo tough, i live on the edge".
then you get guys or gals who just say stuff like "i just love the breed"..do you? why don't you love poodles then? or labs?
its because now in pop culture pitts have become the big tough dog, the dog a badass owns, in popular culture from rap videos to those biker and tattoo parlor reallity shows.

so then you hear the arguement "more people are bitten by other dogs than pitt bulls!!"
well that's great... only most dogs werent specifically bred to be killers and pitt fighters.
from the extremely muscular build, the ridiculously huge jaws and the insane way they bite and dont let go.
sure you could get bit by a chihuaha (sp) or a poodle...but those dogs cant rip your fucking arm off and chew your face away.
now i understand pitt bulls are like any dog, they are basically a blank slate when they're puppies. if they're raised right, they can be just as nice and sweet as other dogs.
the big problem is the type of idiot pitt bulls attract is getting dumber... they treat the dogs like shit, especially the inner city crowd. this isnt the dog's fault...but its the truth. these bad owners abuse the dogs, punch em in the face and they end up eating a baby.

so my thing is , yes lets regulate the owners of the dogs. yes you should have to have a special license to own them. just like owning an exotic animal, a chimpanzee, an cheetah or an alligator. sure these animals are awesome and docile in the hands of a responible owner...but if an idiot ends up with one they could kill someone. that's why people have to be approved to own these more dangerous animals.

i think putting restrictions on pittbull owners would not only be good for the individual dogs who would only go to good homes. it would be good for the entire breed's reputation. hopefully it would make it much harder for a retard to breed the dogs, or own the dogs. thus reducing the number of violent abused animals. also this give's a city a viable option which would replace banning the animal all together.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6919111 - 05/15/07 09:14 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i can agree with some of that. i just wish there was some way to get animals out of the hands of all stupid people. not just pitbulls. a pitbull really can be a beautiful and gentle creature given the chance though.

I dont think pitbulls should be banned because for the most part it isnt their fault. regulating the owners seems much more reasonable, though i think it will separate some dogs from their owners that love each other very much. But what can you do? some people just arent cut out to own any pets let alone a pitbull.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6919138 - 05/15/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I grew up with a pitbull.

Nicest dog in the world. We had him from when I was probably 7-14, and he was a huge dog, probably 125 pounds. So he always weighed more than me. Never even tried to hurt me or anyone else.

I despise people who dont like a dog, just based on what breed it is.

I bet you hate black people too, because they all smoke crack and murder people.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6919145 - 05/15/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
I grew up with a pitbull.

Nicest dog in the world. We had him from when I was probably 7-14, and he was a huge dog, probably 125 pounds. So he always weighed more than me. Never even tried to hurt me or anyone else.

I despise people who dont like a dog, just based on what breed it is.

I bet you hate black people too, because they all smoke crack and murder people.

hmmm i assumer you didnt read the whole post
just read a few lines and decided to make a really dumb reply

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #6919163 - 05/15/07 09:38 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe we should all have permits to have dogs. And take shits. Breathing should me monitored with a chip in the lungs to record how much of the atmosphere an individual uses, and then pay taxes on oxygen.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Offlinexaeviax
Wayward Son of Man
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: reflectedlight]
    #6919178 - 05/15/07 09:45 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Seriously, thats stupid to have to register your pitt and get insurance. If you are a bad owner then yes, you should have your dog taken from you. But there are far more people who handle thier pitts the right way...including me. My avatar is my dog, hes a red nosed pitt and hes the nicest dog ive ever encountered. Raising a pitt is like raising a child, stupid parents usually means stupid kids.

--------------------
I am a faker. Pretending along.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6919207 - 05/15/07 09:59 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:

here is my take on pitt bulls.
first of all i think a lot of people choose a pitt as a status symbol.
they want to show people " look at me with this dog everyone says is dangerous, wow im soooo tough, i live on the edge".
then you get guys or gals who just say stuff like "i just love the breed"..do you? why don't you love poodles then? or labs?
its because now in pop culture pitts have become the big tough dog, the dog a badass owns, in popular culture from rap videos to those biker and tattoo parlor reallity shows.

What's wrong with people wanting to appear stronger or cooler?

Quote:

so then you hear the arguement "more people are bitten by other dogs than pitt bulls!!"
well that's great... only most dogs werent specifically bred to be killers and pitt fighters.
from the extremely muscular build, the ridiculously huge jaws and the insane way they bite and dont let go.
sure you could get bit by a chihuaha (sp) or a poodle...but those dogs cant rip your fucking arm off and chew your face away.
now i understand pitt bulls are like any dog, they are basically a blank slate when they're puppies. if they're raised right, they can be just as nice and sweet as other dogs.
the big problem is the type of idiot pitt bulls attract is getting dumber... they treat the dogs like shit, especially the inner city crowd. this isnt the dog's fault...but its the truth. these bad owners abuse the dogs, punch em in the face and they end up eating a baby.

so my thing is , yes lets regulate the owners of the dogs. yes you should have to have a special license to own them. just like owning an exotic animal, a chimpanzee, an cheetah or an alligator. sure these animals are awesome and docile in the hands of a responible owner...but if an idiot ends up with one they could kill someone. that's why people have to be approved to own these more dangerous animals.

i think putting restrictions on pittbull owners would not only be good for the individual dogs who would only go to good homes. it would be good for the entire breed's reputation. hopefully it would make it much harder for a retard to breed the dogs, or own the dogs. thus reducing the number of violent abused animals. also this give's a city a viable option which would replace banning the animal all together.

This is the kind of shit I don't like about cities. You have to have a license or permission for everything you do. Redtape everywhere. It's just a pain in the ass. Either way, all the red tape is necissary and makes living so close to each other a possibility. If you want a pit then be prepared to deal with the bullshit or move to the country.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #6919478 - 05/15/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:what: I have a pit. We didn't get her to walk around with a huge ego. I don't think it looks bad ass to walk a pit. In fact, I think pits are kinda ugly compared other breeds. We got ours from the a kill shelter where surely she would have been put to sleep because who wants those mean pits?...Turns out to be a great gentle dog around kids while being a great watch dog. I know she would never bite someone unless me or someone else in the family was in danger.

But a pit is absolutely no different than any other dog. Is all how they are raised....even with a bad up bringing they can still be great dogs. A large majority of the pits are rasied by people, in low income inner city environments, that don't know a goddamn thing about the natural needs/instincts of the dog. Rathe than the problem being blamed on the people it's the dogs' fault.

Invisiblecoon
big odd son

Loc: behind the rows....
    #6919496 - 05/15/07 11:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

>make it much harder for a retard to breed the dogs, or own the dogs.

that is the solution,pitbulls are just like any other dog they just have the capacity to take it another level.good breeders of pitbulls are usually very selective who they sell a pup to.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #6919507 - 05/15/07 11:45 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You have a point here King. Especially when you consider that there are more stray pit bulls than any other type of dog. Why? Becuase ignorant people decide they want a pit bull and get one on a whim, then realize how dangerous they are and abandon them. About half the dogs in city pounds are pit bulls or pit mixes.

Look pit bulls are cool. My friend has one and he is really sweet. I love going for a walk with him and watching all the thugs cross the street when they see us coming. :cool:

But I agree with the license thing. There are all these stray pit bulls runnning around because people aren't committed to caring for them and their excitability in the long run. If you really want a pit bull, you should have to get a license. Quit whining about how hard it is to get a license and how small your penis is and take 2 hours out of your video games to go get a damn license for your dog if you want one so bad.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #6919522 - 05/15/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

There is some truth to what you are saying. But the number of people that die per year of Pit attacks is minuscule it varies but mostly stays in SINGE digits. More kids die in 5 gallon buckets than Pit Bulls kills Adults or Kids. The number of non deadly attacks is also low.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: buckwheat]
    #6919593 - 05/15/07 12:04 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Is there no truth to the idea that pit bulls are a lot more energetic than a lot of dogs? Living in an inner city I would think would be bad for a pit bull because they have no room to run off all that energy. Also, licensing them could cut down on them being bred too close together. I think its a good idea to limit the breed in any way possible.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: buckwheat]
    #6919626 - 05/15/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

buckwheat said:
There is some truth to what you are saying. But the number of people that die per year of Pit attacks is minuscule it varies but mostly stays in SINGE digits. More kids die in 5 gallon buckets than Pit Bulls kills Adults or Kids. The number of non deadly attacks is also low.

This doesn't really address the fact that there are so many stray adandoned pit bulls running around. Besides, if you got mauled by a pit bull I'm sure you'd have a different opinion. Falling in a bucket and drowning is a tragic accident, but being attacked by a dog that someone else wasn't willing to be responsible for is a crime, in my opinion.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlineserendipitythenot
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: gluke bastid]
    #6919753 - 05/15/07 12:38 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i think that the way an animal has been raised has alot to do with its temperment and behavior later on in life. any breed of dog, if treated poorly, has the ability to become violent when they feel threatened.
my buddy owns a pitbull and often brings her over to my house. she is quiet & well-mannered indoors, and gets along just fine with my 2 cats(she's even a little shy of my bigger cat, cuz he's psychotic). i've known 3 pitbulls within my lifetime, and all of them were very sweet dogs.

OfflineMokshaguy390
Stranger
Male

Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #6921563 - 05/15/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The reason most pitts are violent is because they're trained to be. My sister's boyfriend raised pitts since he was 20. His pitts would not move an inch if he told them not to. Once of his pitts sat still for an hour while another dog was attacking it. When he saw that, he told it to attack, and it bit down until he told him to let go. Otherwise, it was as gentle as a lamb. Pitts are just incredibly loyal and obedient. Train them properly, and they're wonderful pets. People just buy them and don't bother to train them. Or, they buy them for the purpose of being an attack dog.

InvisiblepB0t
I'm a teapot

Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... *DELETED* [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6922521 - 05/15/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by pB0t

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: pB0t]
    #6922553 - 05/15/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

That would be pointless and wouldn't solve or prevent attacks. Many of the people who are into pits I doubt they'd know the liabilities involved. Anyways, attacks happen for more reasons than just a neglecting owner.

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: reflectedlight]
    #6922581 - 05/15/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

reflectedlight said:
Maybe we should all have permits to have dogs. And take shits. Breathing should me monitored with a chip in the lungs to record how much of the atmosphere an individual uses, and then pay taxes on oxygen.

seriously. the government is getting ridiculous.

OfflineBigrichshrooms
One who wouldsmack you
 User Gallery

Loc: Good Ol Florida
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: Divinatory]
    #6922619 - 05/15/07 11:50 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well I don't know I been around alot of pits, yet when I was young I got attacked by a chow chow.

Hundreds of stitches, with a possibility oflosing sight in my left eye. I even tried escaping up the stairs, but the dog deciding to clamp my leg with it's jaws and drag me down to give me some couple hundred more stitches. All I remembered was blood in my eyes in the car ride home. Um being inside the hospital screaming hitting doctors off of me and then being velcrowed down to a table. My memory ends there.....

And chow chows are known to turn on family members or owners when older

So it just depends on the owners when it comes to pits

By the way I was 9 or 10 when I was attacked.

--------------------
Big Rich Grillz......

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: I was talking to this kid about pitt bulls and we got into an arguement..... [Re: Bigrichshrooms]
    #6922762 - 05/16/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Madness.
Eh, damn dogs... This is why I prefer to grow cactuses. But then they poke me...:sad:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale