Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTrypica
Stranger

Loc: Arizona
First Time, and yet another diabetes question
    #691667 - 06/21/02 02:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't been lurking nearly long enough to feel comfortable, but since I plan to have my first trip in under 24 hours, I figured I had better ask some questions (I searched the boards first and din't see these particular issues addressed).

I am a 27 year old with type 1 diabetes, have had it for about 8 years. Generally my sugars run a bit high, and i'm pretty confident things will be cool for the trip, but in case it doesn't...

1) have any of you tried taking your shots and getting your sugar tested while tripping?

2) while tripping can you feel if your sugar is too high, or, more importantly, dropping?

I'm providing my sitter with basic diabetes info and how to test, shoot me up or give me glucagon if anything weird happens, but do any of you have tips for someone sitting for a diabetic? (he reads the boards and will see any replies... seems to be an experienced sitter, but never had this particular experience).

Any info would be great...

Thanks for your time.

Trypica

--------------------
--
gullible people only use 10% of their brain...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: First Time, and yet another diabetes question [Re: Trypica]
    #692507 - 06/21/02 01:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey I wish I could help you with this one my friend! I would make sure that you get more than one answer to your post before you go ahead with your plans. Glad to hear that you will have a sitter with you.

Good Luck and Keep On Shining

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineTrypica
Stranger

Loc: Arizona
Re: First Time, and yet another diabetes question [Re: Ripple]
    #696418 - 06/23/02 03:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Ripple, It actually went ok. A lot more mild than I expected...

I'm glad I checked my sugar before I ate the shrooms though. About 45 minutes after I ate them I got some heat-flashes and cold sweats, and my hands were a bit numb and sweaty, like a mild insulin reaction. This all passed withing 15 minutes though So I was alright.

I ate about 3 grams of dried cubensis, but the effects were minimal at best (Since this was my first trip I have nothing to compare it to... kind of like the best of a good pot-high: euphoria, giggles general good sense of well-being, plus some visual effects.. patterning, rippling of surfaces - without the bad stuff: staggering, loss of motor skills, nasty retching from coughing:)

Next time I guess I will be eating more and hope to have a bit more of an intense trip, but at this level I did not at any time feel as though I would not be able to feel high or low blood sugar (getting a false-positive is a lot different than not feeling at all) nor do I think taking a shot would have been a problem at all (though *wanting* to would be different.. I was very comfortable just "being")

Hope this helps someone else somewhere...

--------------------
--
gullible people only use 10% of their brain...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports