Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletranced2
the runner of it all

Loc: where peace reigns
First Find (lots of pics)
    #689568 - 06/20/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey i am from michigan and i found all these mushrooms, probably all inactive or poisonous but they look cool... here they are. (all were found under a pine tree. on wood chips, some in grass.)

thats all of em, i think the big white one on the white paper is some sort of a. muscaria, but i am not sure. this is all i found at first.

--------------------
in trees. fighting bears.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: First Find (lots of pics) [Re: tranced2]
    #689597 - 06/20/02 03:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Amanita muscaria (and all amanitas) have white gills and white spore print.
Spore print color is very important, be sure to take it next time when you need an ID.

The big ones could be Stropharia rugosoannulata and the ones on pic #5 are probably Coprinus micaceus. Other pictures are too blurry.

Invisibletranced2
the runner of it all

Loc: where peace reigns
Re: First Find (lots of pics) [Re: zeronio]
    #689648 - 06/20/02 04:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well it goes like this
the first two pictures the spore print is BLACK
\
the second mushrooms pictued the blurry pic, the spore print is brown colored, and they bruise black, they also have a cap that looks like a ball cut in half. The gills do not go up they just go straight in to the stem

the third mushrooms pictured, has a black spore print

The big white one with the small one next to it, have a orange spore print

the rouch orange mushroom on the wood table also has a rusty orange spore print.

--------------------
in trees. fighting bears.

Offlinetwistedweather
ka-blammo

#689656 - 06/20/02 04:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

interesting find

my first hunt I gathered alot of different mushrooms most of them nonpsy, but the fun was jus searching for them....

--------------------

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
    #689719 - 06/20/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think the 5th pic pic is coprinus. Inky Caps.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #690402 - 06/20/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

1,2 and 3 maybe some kind of agrocybe. 4 maybe pan. foenisecii or ps. coprophila. 5 not inky caps but some kind of coprinus for sure.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: First Find (lots of pics) [Re: MAIA]
    #690568 - 06/20/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Not an inky cap..I thought all coprinus were? DOH

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: First Find (lots of pics) [Re: NiGGy]
    #691481 - 06/20/02 07:34 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I also thought that all coprinus were inky caps. But it is true that coprinus micaceus is not like others because it doesn't melt so quickly.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: First Find (lots of pics) [Re: NiGGy]
    #691497 - 06/20/02 07:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The caps on all Corpinus do melt, but a certain species of them will turn your hands blackish(hence inky) and the caps melt incredibly fast.

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
    #691581 - 06/20/02 09:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Wish I had some gill shots of the first ones but here goes, 99% chance that the first two pics are of Gomphidius glutinosus, and they are edible. The fourth, and seventh pics are all some type of Paneolus or paneolina, with these you need a pretty clear picture...because even when you are looking at them side by side in your hand it is still not always easy to id them...but could be some magic there, look for firmish stems...meatier, and dark, dark sporeprints. The fifth picture is of mica caps...edible, but I never tried them...and they don't look too appetizing. If you want to eat them, you will have to do it fast because they don't keep so well, I see them by the thousands all season. The sixth picture is damb near impossible to id, because I can't see the gills but based on your sporeprint I would say either agrocybe acericola...or cortinarius alboviolaceus, the one on the upper left is a mica cap and the one on the bottom is probably another pan....So there ya have it, keep hunting...maybe get some better pics of the pan types, then we could really help ya out...attached is a list from MJshroomer of the magic mushies in your neck of the woods....good huntin.

Conocybe smithii,
Gymnopilus aeruginosus,
G. liquirae,
G. Luteofolius,
G. luteus,
G. sapineus,
G. spectabilis,
G. validipes,
Panaeolus subbalteatus,
Pluteus salicinus,
Psilocybe carerulipes,
Psilocybe liniformans var. americana,
Psilocybe silvatica.

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Edited by StInvetroThomas (06/20/02 09:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies