Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
wahts in a terrarium..??
    #691039 - 06/20/02 04:13 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I jus finished my casing and now i'll be waiting for the myc to poke thru the top casing but at waht point should they be fruited? At about 30-40% colonization of the casing....50-70%?????

Also Ive been reading about mist humidifiers and air pumps????Waht r they and Do i really need all this??? Im thinking of jus using damp perlite to humidify my terrarium and fanning and misting the wallz. I read that if the relative humidity in ur area is high (like 70% RH) U can do witout perlite and jus put ur casing in a terrarium and jus constantly fann...however if the RH is low in ur area, perlite is a good way to humidify ur terrarium and is needed??? That true or completely way off based???

Last question>>> When i crumbled my cakes, the insides did not look completely like the bright white fuzz like the outside did...the mycellium look somewaht intertwined wit the dry partially colonized substraes...now do i need to be concern or is this normal?? Hope u kinda understand waht im sayin LOL

MEeee

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebassplayer74
old hand

Loc: Tennessee
Re: wahts in a terrarium..?? [Re: sBUD]
    #691049 - 06/20/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I fruit mine as soon as I case. Solves overlay.

no

true

make sure youre cakes are fully colonized by waiting a week after the outside is done.

--------------------
If you will it, it is no dream.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: sBUD]
    #691059 - 06/20/02 04:20 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Edited by Macey Howard (06/20/02 04:24 PM)

Offlinestaindblue
enthusiast

Loc: GodsCountry
Re: wahts in a terrarium..?? [Re: sBUD]
    #691130 - 06/20/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I use perlite, i think it's easy (and you won't have to worry about RH AS much I still Hand mist though) And I don't use a RH guage and never had a problem ( been wanting to get a good one at radio shack But lack of funds... you know.An air pump is a good idea too, i use one. Don't have to worry about co2 buildup as much since i work long hours i use a bubbler with it submerged in the perlite. (you'll still have to fan ) Yes my perlite is straight up F in wet not damp the bubbler increases humidity as well as O2. If you decide use a fish tank pump get a good one the cheap ones break too easy and later on when you grow your setup
you con buy a splitter ($1) and use 1 pump for both terrariums Oh don't forget the second bubbler($2) Add some peroxide to perlite water ... a spash will do

Edited by staindblue (06/20/02 05:04 PM)

OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
Re: wahts in a terrarium..?? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #692421 - 06/21/02 10:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

yess, im worried about overlay but do u mean fruit as soon as u see the myc break thru?? Now waht happens if it breaks thru in a few spots, should i wait for the other areas as well or throw that cunt in the chamber asAP??
I gess waht im asking is , is it possible to fruit too early and waht r the consequences if we do? And why do ppl wait til there is a 50%+ colonization of the casing, wahts to benefit from that?
Actually after the sides colonized i waited 10 more dayz to get the bottoms done but it hardly moved much (yea i turned it over and loosened the lid)

Moe>>>Sooo no matter waht the RH is where u live, u still gonna need some humidification device?? Waht about soaking several sponges and keeping it around the terrarium to maintain the humidity, would that work ??
Now when we fann and smell our casing for contam , obviously we gotta open the lid...is it necessary to do this in a sterile environment (or can we jus spray lysol all around to combat the bacteria and contams floating in the air?)

another last quest>>> can i fruit my casing container along wit my cake(s) in the SAMe fruiting chamber??? I ask this cus the casing container i used is a round rubbermaid container (6" in diameter) so obviously it dont take much room and i saw that i could fit a few cakes in that same chamber.

staindblue>>> I will check out the fish tank air pump and bubbler. prolly will go wit it the second time around but i jus want something simple wit this being my first casing and all =D
Sure will add some peroxide to the perlite, that way it wont stink up my chamber. ...did the same thing when i peroxide my incubator..but now its got some dusty shit floating around the bottom =[

Thx all, hopefully if i cased everything properly i can put ur sound advice to good use!

TriPpY

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds