Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
outdoor ratio of failure to successin realation to temp, strain
    #6910347 - 05/13/07 06:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

given the scenario (follows), a neophyte, after calculating luck and skill level, what would their chances be:

fully colonized healthy wbs quart jars mixed in dry sun pasteurized manure/leaves/ground, with a correct moisture level in the outdoors at an average temperature of 90 degrees would survive at what odds?

also, if the temps were around 100 when they were introduced, even if properly moisturized and kept out of direct sunlight, would have what odds of prospering until temps lowered?

to sum up, im guessing im asking, if 10 outdoor beds were created, in 100 degree weather, would they survive until the fall to fruit, or fruit in the summer? mold doesnt seem to be a high threat in the outdoors.

And is EQ, campodian, orissa india, and thai lipa yai, seem to be equatorial clime friendly, so I would guess 100 degree temps for a month would not completely fry them if they were misted several? 10? times a day with 60 degree water.

peace

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: outdoor ratio of failure to successin realation to temp, strain [Re: reflectedlight]
    #6910359 - 05/13/07 06:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Cubes thrive in hot weather. If you'll spawn in the shade and cover the area with several inches of straw or a sheet or two of cardboard for shade, it will work. You'd be better off to inoculate pasteurized manure indoors, and then when fully colonized, move it outdoors into a larger area of manure. The reason is that grains will attract predators such as insects and squirrels, gophers and moles that will dig up and eat them, ruining your crop.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
Re: outdoor ratio of failure to successin realation to temp, strain [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6910364 - 05/13/07 06:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

prompt and succinct, thank jah

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation