Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleaquateen
Stranger
Male
Loc: New England
contamination?
    #6833825 - 04/25/07 06:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I don't have a camera so I won't be able to post any pics but last week or so I noticed this thing in my jar at the bottom which is now the top. I noticed this problem at about 50% now its at about 80-85%. It looked like a piece of green thing about the size of a smaller piece of med. grade verm., so I said crap this ones done but I waited a couple of days and it didn't spread and now it's been a week and it still hasn't spread but I can still see it. The mycelium is still white just the small spot of green like i said before what looks like a small piece of med. grade verm. The strain is B+. So I guess my question is does anyone think this is a contamination, and has anyone had this kind of thing happen to their jars? What should I do with this jar? Could it have been a contamination and the mycelium defended itself? Any help with this would be apprectiated, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: contamination? [Re: aquateen]
    #6834294 - 04/25/07 08:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Nobody can answer that without a picture. It sounds like trichoderma, so don't birth the jar. Drop it into a pot of water and bring it to a boil for a full hour before removing the contents to clean out the jar.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleaquateen
Stranger
Male
Re: contamination? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6836958 - 04/26/07 01:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

alright it's good to get more opinions on what it may be i've been talking to one of my buddies who has done this a lot more than me and when I told him about it he was puzzled only because it's been a week and hasn't spread at all like not one bit. Which is why I asked if the mycelium could have overcome a contamination. But he is going to be coming over and hanging out this weekend and then he will have the chance to look at it and I'll see what he says, but I just wanted as many opinions on what it could be. Camera update I found a camera but it sucks balls and I can't get a clear pictures of it.

Invisibleaquateen
Stranger
Male
    #6901888 - 05/11/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah so still not thinking it was a contam I took the shit outside and birthed it. The cake was white no green on it I picked the piece of green off the cake with my fingers without any problems no cutting or anything. It was like the green wasn't even growing on the cake or anything it was just there. When I broke the cakes up they looked pretty normal to me so I guess we will never know what it was. Other than everyone probably still thinks it was a contam, it doesn't matter to me.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6902058 - 05/11/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The mycelium won't overcome trichderma, so it was probably just reflection off a piece of vermiculte, or perhaps some other mineral or rock that was in the bag of verm.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleaquateen
Stranger
Male
Re: contamination? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6902210 - 05/11/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

interesting well thank you for your help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag