Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

Re: outdoor bed?
    #68999 - 12/18/99 09:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It sounds like a good idea. You'll get some gigantic size fruits with the dung and compost in there.

There are only a couple of problems I see with this. First, your planning on one big pit. If it gets hit by contams, your going to have one hell of a time fighting the whole thing off, you may loose the entire patch. On a brighter note, it is much easier to control contams outdoors then indoors.

Second, I would recommend building the greenhouse first. Reason being, inside you want to put dirt all around the edges and wet it..allow it to harden. This will help from keep most bugs from crawling underneith. Also it will be pretty hard laying your greenhouse down over this big pit.

Here are a few pics of this years greenhouse.

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#69001 - 12/18/99 09:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If this takes to long to load, let me know and I"ll set them as links. There were a few very beneficial improvements made this year. The most important is using a waterproof, mold resistant stain on the wood, as I found several nasties growing on the mycelium on th wood when I tore it apart.
The Cambodia, Gulf Coast Alabama, and Mexi Cubs are already fruiting again, so thats going to keep me busy for a while, not sure when I'll be able to write up the updates on this.

Very Effective!!!

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited December 18, 1999).]

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Anonymous

#69002 - 12/18/99 10:33 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

thanks Ryche, not only are your spores the shit, so is your knowledge...
to tell you the truth, I just wanted to create a patch where I could just see the mushrooms growing in their natural enviornment, and I wasn't wanting to use a greenhouse at all, but common sense prevailed and I do believe that a green house would be the way to go...
I think that the greenhouse would be better than the other the whole way, as it would also help keep the mycelium warm through it's run...
I live in W. Texas, and was planning on using either the A Strain, or maybe the equador, or using both, and seeing what comes from it...
It's just an experiment as I can get dung free, and I am getting where I can grow great amounts of spawn now... so...
thanks again Ryche,
I'll ofcourse post reports on how it goes...
Oleander

------------------
Do you answer questions, or question answers?

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#69003 - 01/19/00 12:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

A few ppl have asked me about my outdoor tek lately and wanted to see these pics. I have them pulled from my website right now for obvious security reasons :smile:

Now is a great time of year in some places for starting outdoor patches... and soon spring will come and the rest of you will can start your patches. Now is a good time to get your game plan going :smile:

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation