Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk)
    #6890568 - 05/08/07 07:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I know this may sound hipocritical because of my earlier posts but I saw SpiderMan3 on someone's personal recommendation that I'd like it, and they were right.  They switched it up just enough so it didn't play old themes of previous movies too much, and when it did they were different interpretations.

I think it really rings true that SpiderMan is human and we're all human, villains and heros, and we all have two sides.  It's how we choose to handle those sides that make us who we are.  Not who we were born to be.  Maybe too deep into analyzing it, but I think it was a smart, cool-looking flick.  My expectations were real low, so maybe that's the key to a successsful movie experience nowadays, but I think it was worth my 7 dollars.

I thought the SandMan sequences were bad ass too.  :headbanger:

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6890710 - 05/08/07 08:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, sandman being created was insane. That scene had me in awe. I got kind of turned off with spider man turning emo after he put the black suit on. I also thought they tried to over due some of the humor that came with the black suite. It was an entertaining action movie. I give it a C+

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male

Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Toddo]
    #6890765 - 05/08/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i didnt like it. i loved how it looked but the poor acting mixed with horrible plot ruined what couldve been awsome. plus forman as venom was kind of lame.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: roby000]
    #6890783 - 05/08/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yah forman ruined the movie when he tried to put the 70's show human into his lines....he's an ass and is all washed up.

sandman was actually a downfall to this movie, i really did not like the fight scenes that he was in....but i thought the charactor that played him was PERFECT. I loved the kitchen scene and how ripped he looked.

but i feel they totally screwed the movie up. They should not have had both venom and sandman in the same movie for one. For two, venom was a total joke it all needed MORE DEPTH like the first spider man.....

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: roby000]
    #6890784 - 05/08/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Topher Grace was annoying but I thought Venom looked pretty bad ass. Just a quick nod to the cool comic book character and then moving on. I liked the plot. It all made sense to me, maybe cause I'm experiencing similar things. Not being ready to care for someone more than you care for yourself. I got the right girl picked out, but the timing is bullshit.

I just overall liked it. I guess analyzing such an assanine premise for a movie is kinda tough. It was well made and kept my attention. I give it a B+

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineFractal5
Stranger

#6891185 - 05/08/07 09:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

roby000 said:
i didnt like it. i loved how it looked but the poor acting mixed with horrible plot ruined what couldve been awsome. plus forman as venom was kind of lame.

my thoughts exactly

OfflineBigrichshrooms
One who wouldsmack you
 User Gallery

Loc: Good Ol Florida
Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Fractal5]
    #6891324 - 05/08/07 10:24 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

they definatly should have picked someone else to play Venom, when ou think of eddie brock you think of you know, big guy, manly man. Not the dork from the 70's show.

Also venom himself should have been bigger too.

The fruity ass strut spiderman did had no business in the movie

but on overall I liked the movie. I think spiderman 2 was better done though

--------------------
Big Rich Grillz......

OfflineIron_Hymen
Shake Hands withBeef
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mass-of-two-shits
Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Bigrichshrooms]
    #6891822 - 05/09/07 12:30 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

well this movie was focused on the 'audience' more- all the cheering, ooing-aahing as well as the newsreporters. The drama scenes were way too long. Everyone in their seats wanted to leave so bad. Until then, it was over-<APPLAUSE>

--------------------

#1 reason organized religion should be done away with. It's a message, and one that is open to speculation.
"Pray your own prayers and talk to God on your own.He doesn't want a fucking parrot, and he doesn't want a sheep"

GnuBobo:Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.
Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Iron_Hymen]
    #6894335 - 05/09/07 04:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i seriously thought that the guy that did sand man should have been venom. sure he wasn't as quick or flexable looking but, he was RIPPED like venom should have been.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #6894365 - 05/09/07 04:38 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Such a silly movie I thought. The action scenes were pretty reasonable but all the dialog was so bad. Also the spiderman actor is horrible at acting. The part where he breaks up with Mary Jane was so funny to my friends and I, because of how atrocious the acting is. Also the whole series of scenes where hes wearing the venom suit, going to the jazz bar etc.. was almost unbearable to watch

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: TheCow]
    #6894475 - 05/09/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What annoyed me was how much the deviated from the venom saga of the comics...

I thought it was amusing how Peter Parker turnt all bad ass.. specially cause hes such a geek :grin:

Sandman should definitely of not been involved. However; because this film is one of the highest grossing films ever on the opening weekend.. they're going to make more goddamn sequels.

I would love to see an original movie for once. I'm fucking fedup of sequels and remakes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6630521.stm

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Dead Wrong About Spider Man3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Cepheus]
    #6895298 - 05/09/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I hated the first two, but i might end up renting this one.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6897728 - 05/10/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I dont see how anyone could have liked this movie at all. For one, they kill venom at the end. Yep, I spoiled it for whoever hasnt seen it. Now you can save your money for a decent looking movie like 28 weeks later. Another thing is how venom died didnt make sense. The (excuse my spelling) symbiot came to earth on a meteor that entered the earths atmosphere at an extremely high temp, which then hit the ground and exploded yet a silly pumpkinish bomb destroys it? Doesnt make sense to me. I think they should stick to the comics if they want a plot that makes a little more sense. Also, the hour of Peter Parker strutting his stuff with the black suit on is ridiculous. They didnt need any of that in the movie. I think the only good actors cast in the movie were Topher Grace (maybe not as Eddie Brock, but still a great actor) and the guy that played Sandman. Im interested in how they will recover from this shitty movie. They are still signed with Marvel to do 2 more films. Luckily the speculation is that Toby McGuire will not continue on as Spidey.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: AaronEvil]
    #6897738 - 05/10/07 01:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It was stupid, corny, and filled with way too much shit.

Edited by Innominate (05/10/07 01:38 PM)

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Innominate]
    #6897756 - 05/10/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Forman? Who exactly are you all talking about?

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

Re: Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: AaronEvil]
    #6897762 - 05/10/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
I think the only good actors cast in the movie were Topher Grace (maybe not as Eddie Brock, but still a great actor) and the guy that played Sandman. Im interested in how they will recover from this shitty movie. They are still signed with Marvel to do 2 more films. Luckily the speculation is that Toby McGuire will not continue on as Spidey.

Sorry, the mere fact that you called Topher Grace a great actor completely discredits the rest of your post. How they will recover ? 148 million in the first weekend, I don't think they're worried about recovery. I think they're pretty happy with the results thus far.

I stick by my assessment. The plot didn't make sense at points, but it's a god damn comic book movie. I didn't expect it to going into it. Isn't that the point of creating a movie set in a comic book world? I like the theme of forgiveness too. Kids need to realize that shit, because adults sure as fuck aren't nowadays.

--------------------

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Left Nut City]
    #6897778 - 05/10/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:rockon:

--------------------

Edited by Liquid_Dimension (05/10/07 01:57 PM)

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6897791 - 05/10/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Have you seen Topher Grace in anything other than Spider Man 3 and That 70's Show? He is a pretty good actor in my book. Check out some of his other stuff.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Dead Wrong About SpiderMan3 (minimal spoilers, open at your own risk) [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6897792 - 05/10/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

nice blue question mark. That answers everything.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#6897816 - 05/10/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I saw that movie with him and Scarlett Johanson and Dennis Quaid and I thought he was mediocre at best. That's really it. I find him to be annoying and wormy. I guess that's his schtick. I personally didn't like That 70's Show, so that may have something to do with it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom