Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)?
    #6890421 - 05/08/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Would an extreme nihilist be just as likely to experience the presence of entities as somebody deeply religious? DMT, salvia, shrooms, acid, you name it.

The question is not geared towards me or any of my experiences. Just want to get your thoughts on this. I believe that yes, your spiritual beliefs play a huge part.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: Quake3]
    #6890440 - 05/08/07 07:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I first took LSD as a complete atheist, thinking there was nothing beyond our every day reality. It soon became apparent that an infinite force of love was shining through everything and that all existence is just one part of the universe's eternal evolutionary journey. So, I'd say, yes a spiritual belief will have an impact on a trip, but mystical experiences aren't reliant on this.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlinelsd25icu812
Stranger
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #6890519 - 05/08/07 07:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I first took LSD as a complete atheist, thinking there was nothing beyond our every day reality. It soon became apparent that an infinite force of love was shining through everything and that all existence is just one part of the universe's eternal evolutionary journey. So, I'd say, yes a spiritual belief will have an impact on a trip, but mystical experiences aren't reliant on this.

wurd up :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

--------------------
love is what is left when you"ve let go of everything you love

OfflineZaprabe
Stranger
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: Quake3]
    #6890521 - 05/08/07 07:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have had mystical experiences during mushrooms trips and I am an atheist.

Edited by Zaprabe (05/08/07 07:37 PM)

OfflineZaprabe
Stranger
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: Zaprabe]
    #6890535 - 05/08/07 07:38 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Also, lack of religiosity in no way entails nihilism.

Invisiblefigment
Apothecary
 User Gallery

Loc: Quidity
Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: Zaprabe]
    #6890584 - 05/08/07 07:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

religious beliefs can play a part, but if you're not religious, then they don't. religion is totally seperate from sprituality. spirituality is what we are all seeking, or we wouldn't be into "all of this" as much as we are.

--------------------

Offlineavatarofdiscord
The Enemy
Male

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: figment]
    #6890611 - 05/08/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I would imagine thinking religious thoughts while on those types of drugs would be very negative. You would get stuck in a thought loop about how god is displeased with you "polluting" your body and would probably produce a bad trip. I'd rather not be entertaining religious dogmatic thoughts while I'm trippping.

--------------------
I am, under the northern star.

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: avatarofdiscord]
    #6890667 - 05/08/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I would imagine thinking religious thoughts while on those types of drugs would be very negative. You would get stuck in a thought loop about how god is displeased with you "polluting" your body and would probably produce a bad trip. I'd rather not be entertaining religious dogmatic thoughts while I'm trippping.

My friend is a very religious Muslim and he has no problems tripping, neither with the act of ingesting entheogens, nor with the trip quality itself. He doesn't view psychedelics as being against Islam, because he doesn't view them as being intoxicants like alcohol (which he is against).

I suppose this depends on your personal morals and opinions. Somebody who thinks all drugs are bad is likely going to get stuck in a thought loop. My friend is a medical student and knows that he's not harming his body by ingesting the drugs he uses. Drugs that harm your body are also against Islam, which is why nicotine is considered prohibited even though it is not an intoxicant. Although, most Muslims see it as being something called "ghunna," which means it's not prohibited, but it's not recommended.

Offlineavatarofdiscord
The Enemy
Male

Loc: Louisiana
    #6890770 - 05/08/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
Quote:

My friend is a very religious Muslim and he has no problems tripping, neither with the act of ingesting entheogens, nor with the trip quality itself. He doesn't view psychedelics as being against Islam, because he doesn't view them as being intoxicants like alcohol (which he is against).

I suppose this depends on your personal morals and opinions. Somebody who thinks all drugs are bad is likely going to get stuck in a thought loop. My friend is a medical student and knows that he's not harming his body by ingesting the drugs he uses. Drugs that harm your body are also against Islam, which is why nicotine is considered prohibited even though it is not an intoxicant. Although, most Muslims see it as being something called "ghunna," which means it's not prohibited, but it's not recommended.

Yeah. I was being general. Generally, people who are religious think that all drugs are bad (here in America anyway).

--------------------
I am, under the northern star.

Offlineaaei67
Dirty HippieExtraordinaire
Male

Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: avatarofdiscord]
    #6891053 - 05/08/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I suppose one would still feel "the tao", or just that sort of loving presence that we all have felt. I think people who believe in dieties will manifest this feeling into the form of that/those dieties.

--------------------
"LSD is really baby blood"

danlennon3 said:
whoever isn't permanently tripping just isn't paying attention

Offlinebiospun
homo sapien
Female User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #7737906 - 12/09/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have had a journey similar to that of EllisDSox, and agree with those words. I wouldn't say that that I thought there was nothing beyond what we see, my beliefs were not spiritual or religious, but rather I only knew that there were some things scienc couldn't explain. I didn't believe in dieties, that's for certain, but during my first mushroom trip, encountered one. It was a man in a robe, long white hair, robe, perched atop a pyramid. It may have been a manifestation of something my human brain could not have comprehended had it not been a humanoid entity. I encountered different types of humanoid manifestations in future shroom trips. These have included sort of remnant souls of natives in woods, faces observing. During one LSD trip, I actually encountered what one imagines satan to look like. He was not trying to take me to hell or anything, it was as if i were battling him for control of my own thoughts. I won, mwahahahah! Entities have been encountered during salvia trips as well. The majority of my LSD trips have been less spiritual. Probably my first 10 of those trips were only me getting fucked up, i wasn't even trying to think outside of the box, only trying to experiment. The rest were....well, most of them were exibitions to me of how all things are interconnected. They also showed me glimpses of those first few trips that made me go, "oh-yah, i get it."
So in short, in my oppinion, spiritual or religious beliefs do probably have an influence on what entities one encounters, but the encounters are not contingent upon those beliefs. They are more influenced by what our human minds have the ablity to fathom, to comprehend, and therefore what manifestations we will understand. So who, or what, determines what those understood manifestations are??? well, my friends, that is a whole nother topic to be discussed.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Do your religious/spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) determine what entities you meet (if any)? [Re: biospun]
    #7738004 - 12/09/07 07:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"the other" actually helps me to determine or define my own sense of spirituality.
I have never really experienced something I would call an entity.
Only intelligence that is hidden away until I find it. Intelligence or blueprints that allow me to see what I think god is.
Its a part of the logos. Like the spaces between the already small spaces, and so on.

Science is the place I derive my sense of spirituality from.
Psychedelics just help me to connect more dots at once. To help expose the divine within my own neurology, my external environment, and how they relate to each other.

My whole universe is the fingerprint of god. That is just a feeling and a scientific theory for me.
To see more than that you just have to work with it for along time.

I think religion has alot to offer, because human neurology is at the core of all religions.
Some people find different directions from "sacred/divine texts", and some people find direction from their own neurology, something that does not belong to the self, "the other".
The human brain is inherently divine in my book.
Thats where my sense of spirituality and religion comes from.

There is alot more to it for me, but science cannot ever be proven wrong by religion. Science is one way you can see god as accurately as possible in my opinion.
The "theory" of evolution is what started all this for me.
Then came other studies that simply solidified my views and my spiritual life.
Id call my sense of spirituality nothing more than a very personal religion that is important to me.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag