Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehailtothethief
floater

Mushrooms vs Salvia
    #6890325 - 05/08/07 06:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

While I know these are two completely different drugs, I found a striking difference after having done both of them a few times, even though this difference may just be a personal thing. I lost myself on both drugs, but when I came back from shrooms, I was so happy to be alive, and loved everything and everyone I saw. When i came back from salvia it felt like I was tuned in to the wrong station, as if this existence wasn't the right one, and this feeling lingered on for weeks. Has anyone else experienced this scenario?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZaprabe
Stranger
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: hailtothethief]
    #6890550 - 05/08/07 07:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Salvia is something I prefer doing in seclusion, whereas I usually enjoy mushrooms with another person or two. For me, I tend to feel very content and at ease once I come out of a salvia trip. Salvia trips (at least for me) typically occurr in three more or less distinct phases. The first is the hallucinogenic part of the trip. After that subsides I usually feel quite weird, don't know exactly to do with myself, I may feel weighted down, etc. In the third phase, however, I usually feel quite content with life and am very relaxed. In fact, after I am all back to normal my mood is often improved.

OfflineSalvia_Antics
DMT Convert
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Garden Of Eden Flag
    #6890601 - 05/08/07 07:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hailtothethief said:
When i came back from salvia it felt like I was tuned in to the wrong station, as if this existence wasn't the right one, and this feeling lingered on for weeks. Has anyone else experienced this scenario?

Mushrooms are usually different then my salvia experiences but i do get that same feeling you get, that im in the wrong reality. Although it only lasts about an hour after the trip.

--------------------

"The dream is dreaming itself"--Kalahari Bushmen

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
    #6890619 - 05/08/07 07:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

generally pleasant. Especially If Mixed It with Alcohol.

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

OfflineZaprabe
Stranger
Male

Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: Sunny]
    #6890696 - 05/08/07 08:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I decided to take a hit of 20x about five minutes ago. The trip wasn't exactly enjoyable but not exactly bad, either. Objects in my room such as the fan, door, etc. seemed to take on human-like personalities of some sort. Then I felt as if anyone out side had open access to both my room and my life. Then I felt quite strange, as if I was just another "object" with a personality, like the door or wall or bottle of honey next to me. I'm still feeling a little weird but am at least able to type this. Most of my thoughts in the past few minutes are too difficult to describe.

I don't really have the problems you had, though. I can see how you might think reality is the "wrong one" as your in or coming out of a trip... but having that feeling linger for weeks would be unpleasant. I definitely felt out of touch with reality for five minutes after I took this last hit but was able to make sense of my surrondings fairly readily...

Edited by Zaprabe (05/08/07 08:13 PM)

OfflineJstHereFrTheCake
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: Sunny]
    #6890700 - 05/08/07 08:11 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I get the same thing when I smoke salvia, the entire five-ten minutes is spent flipping through existances and not being able to hold myself down to any one for longer than a second. After I come back I definitely don't feel as though I fell back into the right one.

The Second or third time the whole thing was actually explained to me by something, the space between spaces was explained and I was basically told I could never go back to where I was. I learned more and more each time I went back and the places I went were not always the best. One time I felt as though I had warped into a line of entities,and they all got pissed cause I cut and it turned out they were all waiting to eat a slice of this universe... it was... uncomfortable. They always take a week or so to get over and even then I get weird "flashbacks" that last for half a second, like suddenly being spun around and returned so fast you don't see it, but you feel it. Salvia is very strange and although I want to explore it's space more I am honestly fearful for my "sanity" or at least in my continued ability to exist successfully in this universe.

On mushrooms I can have a terrible end to my trip but as long as the sun comes up the next day I am always happy and have a new found respect for the beauty of everything. I sometimes get slightly depressed after a bad trip but that is probably more due to the whole not sleeping all night and not eating or drinking usually. But even if I am I still find everything intensely beautiful.

But I agree about salvia, it's the strangest thing I have ever done.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: JstHereFrTheCake]
    #6890744 - 05/08/07 08:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Its because you realize this reality is just an illusion and in the Salvia reality you feel at home like you belong there.
I always find myself wanting to go back to the Salvia reality and wish it didn't last only 5 minutes.
the soul is eternal and is reincarnated many many times and this existence is very small in comparison. so when you lose the ego you find yourself in your true form and thats why it feels so natural.
at least when you have a full breakthrough anyways
oh and this was meant for the OP

Edited by cpw1971 (05/08/07 08:20 PM)

OfflineZaprabe
Stranger
Male

Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: cpw1971]
    #6890768 - 05/08/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I typically dislike the salvia "reality" and want things to go back to normal. This is certainly how I felt a few minutes ago. That was when I was starting to come out of the first phase and into the second. Right now I feel normal but a little dazed.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: Zaprabe]
    #6890796 - 05/08/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

there is an in between that feels uncomfortable. this isn't a full breakthrough.
that is the stage where your face may melt off and you will feel like the air has solidified around you and people talking is annoying.
you need to lay back and close your eyes and just let go of everything you know and love and get past the ego loss like your body has died. this is hard and takes practice.
I have seen many people freak out over Salvia and they just weren't ready for it. they just wanted to "trip' on it"
It is much more than that
when you reach the other side all the way it is very beautiful.
the trick is to just let go and don't expect anything or try to control it.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6890822 - 05/08/07 08:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

the reason it feels wierd is....
to get to the other dimension your thought and consciousness itself needs to fold over.
when this is happening it feels awkward
don't fight it just let it fold

Offlineangryhippie
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #6891568 - 05/08/07 11:21 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

oh god, i felt exactly the same thing with salvia, it was 17x and i had smoked some MJ before hand and when i did it it felt like i was in the wrong body then i started questioning everything and it all seemed like it was out of place, i didn't feel like myself at all:confused:

OfflineZaprabe
Stranger
Male

#6892917 - 05/09/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I've had profound experiences on salvia that had led me to some--to say the very least--interesting thought processes. This is not grounds for me to declare the loss of "ego" and proclaim any new metaphysical truth, however.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #6892934 - 05/09/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Salvia showed me that this reality is just one of many realms, all valid and all illusion.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineZaprabe
Stranger
Male

Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #6892962 - 05/09/07 09:37 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Are you alluding to solipsism? That' fine, but completely unfalsifiable and therefore of no use.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #6893145 - 05/09/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Saprobe said:
Are you alluding to solipsism? That' fine, but completely unfalsifiable and therefore of no use.

More Zen Buddhism really.

It's what Salvia showed me, what can I say!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #6893431 - 05/09/07 11:27 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:
Salvia showed me that this reality is just one of many realms, all valid and all illusion.

yep the realities are holographic in nature and overlapping
for example ...
if you burn a hologram with a laser and it is the type you need a laser to see it also then you can overlap them by changing the angle at which they are burnt and then using the viewing laser just change angles to see the others

Offlinebassxcore
Stranger

Loc: Omaha,NE
    #6895469 - 05/09/07 09:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ive done salvia 30+ times when i sold it and Ive never found it spiritual or learned anything from it. it was just a cool visual trip. very uncomfortable too. although i think i missed something with it. shrooms though I've always found to be special in the way that i always feel like i accomplished and learned something after a trip.

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: bassxcore]
    #6895750 - 05/09/07 10:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't have a spiritual trip either. At all. It was just fucking awesome!

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6896559 - 05/10/07 05:33 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I like the tuned into the wrong station aspect of your realization.
keeps you on your toes, ehh?

note I also like listening to foreign language radio stations which makes me feel like an alien somewhat during regular days and ordinary mind.

wrong station? probably, but listen beyond the words.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Mushrooms vs Salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6896775 - 05/10/07 07:29 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

On the subject of "Mushrooms vs Salvia," I can only say that Salvia is far more intense. Understanding is the nature of the mushroom trip, confusion the nature of Salvia. Of course, mushrooms can be confusing and Salvia profound. It's all about how you use it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag