Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMarkusArelius
Stranger
 User Gallery

Mold on fruits??
    #6890120 - 05/08/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So I got home today and checked on my BRF cakes, and noticed some green mold growing on the outside. Without thinking to take a picture first, I scraped off the mold with a sterilized knife. The mycellium underneath appears to be fine. There were some aborts that were starting to rot, so I picked them off and threw them away.

Unfortunately, some of the fruits had some mold near the base. So I picked them, and cut them with a sterile knife up past the point where they had mold. Now I can't tell if they are just bruised bad from being cut, or if they are infected and rotting. They are currently drying now. Heres some pictures

I rubbed them with a peice of paper, and no mold came off of them. So maybe it is just bruising that is now making the fruits look like this

Any idea if these are fine to eat? Any ideas on any suggestions about these? Its been about 3 hours, and no mold has reappeared on my cakes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Mold on fruits?? [Re: MarkusArelius]
    #6890182 - 05/08/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i cant really tell the photos arent high enough resolution. but that one in the first picture on the top of the frame totally looks just like an unerect penis in arctic cold.

but when in doubt, dont eat the things. a good trip is life changing, but a contammed mushroom is reeeaaaal shitty.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineMarkusArelius
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mold on fruits?? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6890436 - 05/08/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What about the fruits remaining on my cakes.. I didn't harvest all of them. Should I remove them right away, since they still look healthy?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Mold on fruits?? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6891273 - 05/08/07 10:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Drewwyann said:
but a contammed mushroom is reeeaaaal shitty.

Nonsense. I've been trying to stop that BS for years, but it keeps getting repeated. The so-called green molds of mushroom culture are NOT dangerous to humans.

However, since you believe that, be sure not to ever eat cheese, and especially don't ever use blue cheese salad dressing, because it has chunks of penicillium mold floating in it.

Your fruits are fine. However, never attempt to cut mold off a cake. You only spread it when you do. Trichoderma mycelium is white and unless you're really experienced, you can't tell it from mushroom mycelium. The correct action is to harvest the fruits, and toss the cake out. You can bury it into a manure pile in a shady spot outdoors, and it will likely recover, but regardless, there is nothing about having a spot of green on a cake that makes the fruits bad to eat.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineMarkusArelius
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mold on fruits?? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6891299 - 05/08/07 10:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks. Since I'm about to move in a few days, I'm going to wait to see if I can get anymore fruits instead of just tossing them. If it doesn't work out, oh well, they were getting tossed in 2 days anyways. Thanks again for the help RR!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom