Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101.
    #6888883 - 05/08/07 01:51 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

In the past two years it has become extremely evident that guerrilla groups around the globe are trying to crash western oil interests in their own respective countries, their method is by recruiting people in open source methods, and paying cash to steal/destroy/capture any Petrol Industries in their area

We'll Start with the MEND organization
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/08/AR2007050800238.html
Quote:

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigerian rebels blew up three oil pipelines in the Niger Delta on Tuesday, forcing Italian oil giant Eni to halt production of 150,000 barrels per day (bpd) feeding its Brass export terminal, a source at Eni said

Their targetted kidnapping and carbombing is driving oil investors out of the Niger Delta.The oil drilled in Nigeria is Light Crude one of the most needed resources for America.

Horn of Africa:

After Oil was discovered in mass quanitites in the horn of Africa, the governments of eritrea and somalia have been fighting over the resources.

The major player in this is the Ogaden Liberation Front, which a couple weeks ago attacked a Ethiopian Oil Facility ran by Chinese Oil Interests
http://www.ww4report.com/node/3686
Quote:

Ogaden National Liberation Front guerillas stormed a Chinese-run oil field at dawn April 24 in eastern Ethiopia, killing 74 workers, abducting seven others and destroying the facility, the guerrilla group and government officials said. The rebel group claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement sent to the AP, saying it had launched "military operations against units of the Ethiopian armed forces guarding an oil exploration site." The statement boasted the rebels had "wiped out" three Ethiopian military units. It warned all international oil companies not to operate in the region.

Al Qaeda cells in Saudia Arabia were rounded up, and 170+ something conspirators were caught trying to attack the very large Abiqaiq Oil Facility, Which only a year ago was attacked but the attackers were killed. In one year, A 172 network man network was busted, this shows how fast these networks can re-mobilize.

Chechen militants may be to blame for a Attack on a Russian-Siberian Natural Gas pipeline, in which 30 feet of pipe line was completely eviscerated.

Also in Kuwait at Burgan Oil Field, the 2nd larges Oil Facility in the world, A small fire broke out however it was immediately put out.

However, regardless of your politics, the rising prices of gas are going to put a tourniquette around the western economy, whether we refuse or ignore this problem, a alternative energy needs to be found or all of our respective economies will eventually crash.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101. [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6888939 - 05/08/07 02:20 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Being dependent upon a resource which production is controlled by unstable, unfriendly govts for over 100 years is fucking ridiculous in today’s fast-moving technological age.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #6889652 - 05/08/07 05:42 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Read this about Peabody Energy.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_19/b4033075.htm
Gasoline can be made from Coal. Coal is cheap. After the hippy activists shiver enough in sub zero weather in the winter, they will shut up and let us use more coal.

Edited by Luddite (05/08/07 05:44 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101. [Re: Luddite]
    #6891620 - 05/09/07 01:33 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah, coal is the answer. :rolleyes:

We might as well start making gasoline out of human baby brains...

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6892230 - 05/09/07 05:36 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

We might as well start making gasoline out of human baby brains...

We can do that?

--------------------

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

Re: Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #6892311 - 05/09/07 06:50 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Being dependent upon a resource which production is controlled by unstable, unfriendly govts for over 100 years is fucking ridiculous in today’s fast-moving technological age.

Is it really though?

Whenever I see a post like this I'm always amazed that the obvious is overlooked: oil is used primarily because it is the most inexpensive source of energy available!

I understand the political ramifications, I'm not trying to downplay those, but I think the most important question to ask on this subject is: At what point is EXTREMELY cheap energy (the cheapness of oil, even at today's prices cannot be overstated) worth foregoing in favor of political goals?

Put it a different way, at what point should we hurt ourselves (economically) just to get what we want politically?

IMO, not quite yet, though I can appreciate other views on the subject, especially in light of Darfur, since the Chinese are all-over the Sudanese oil fields.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101. [Re: Economist]
    #6892387 - 05/09/07 07:41 AM (14 years, 5 days ago)

> Put it a different way, at what point should we hurt ourselves (economically) just to get what we want politically?

Why do we place ourselves in a position that we have to make the above choice? If we invested the money we are dumping into Iraq (multiple billions per month) into alternative energy research (fusion), we would no longer be dependent upon oil. There is no doubt in my mind that with $320-billion going into research over a year or two, oil based energy problems would be a thing of the past. I hate to sound conspiratorial, but at times it really does feel as if the "energy producing companies" are running the country.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Crashing the oil market: Corporate Warfare 101. [Re: Economist]
    #6893127 - 05/09/07 12:20 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

The major problem is ethical business and oil observation practices,In Ethiopia and Nigeria their is tons of untapped oil just ready for exploration, Most of these areas are in extreme poverty, the oil companies arent stupid and they realize that drilling in areas of poverty, eventually its going to piss off the residents who arent receiving any social benefits.

In the Ogaden province, their is no running water or electricity or schools or hospitals, yet the government has plenty of time to build oil derricks, Itleast part of the oil wealth has benefit these localities, otherwise we are going to see consistent, and more technologically advanced attacks on oil infrastructure, and will generate directly towards oil prices going up.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion