Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineavatarofdiscord
The Enemy
Male

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6894519 - 05/09/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Quote:

One of my main delimma's I have with humanity is the unintellegent, uninspired people I meet. Should I accept people and their opinions if they just blindly believe what the social norm is?

You can't control the thoughts of others so why waste time in fighting others? Just accept it and move on.

Of course you can't control the thoughts of others. That's not what I was trying to say.

Think about this: As an "intellectual", I feel it's my obligated duty to educate the ignorant. Some people don't want to learn, some do. The people who don't want to learn just drags everyone else (the people who don't want to think) down with them. I think it's a duty of mine to teach people how to think, not what to think. If people thought for themselves instead of letting society do it for them, I think the world would be a much better place to live in.

--------------------
I am, under the northern star.

Edited by avatarofdiscord (05/09/07 05:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: avatarofdiscord]
    #6895033 - 05/09/07 07:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Never try to teach a pig to sing.

It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Veritas]
    #6895314 - 05/09/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:

Does it? Maybe the pig would fall in love with you instead. :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #6895509 - 05/09/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:

An annoyed pig, would be.... Annoying....

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Kinematics]
    #6895791 - 05/09/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kinematics said:
Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

Kinematics said:
Eat more mushrooms. You will find the answer.

If I ate any more mushrooms than I currently do, I would have a constant tolerance to them. But the answer is fleeting; you can see it all one day and then return to attachments the next. Only by constanting making yourself mindful and aware of your thoughts and the outer world can you try to maintain a glimpse of eternal existence without forms.

Must be different for everyone, because I feel a little better as a person every time I take them.

By catching small glimpses of something every time we trip, it does make some people more compassionate and optimistic for what their existence means. But it pales in comparison to true permanent enlightenment.

You become better when you can attain a state of mindfulness and connection with everything constantly and without the use of psychedelics. In the meanwhile, psychedelics help, but they're not the end, and simply eating mushrooms will not necessarily make your life any more care-free over a long period of time.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Ravus]
    #6896017 - 05/09/07 11:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I suppose that my interest in changing humanity comes from knowing that we really are all family. Likley the most disfunctional family in the history of existance but that's where we're at right now. We seem to be in collective adolesence/puberty and it's pretty turbulent at the moment. Kids with matches in a grass house. I think we are reaching a point where either we'll wise up or a lot of people will die off. Humanity needs the awakened and the wise more than ever right now if the former is to happen. We're all in the same boat, and indifference won't help anything.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Ravus]
    #6896130 - 05/10/07 12:57 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

By catching small glimpses of something every time we trip, it does make some people more compassionate and optimistic for what their existence means. But it pales in comparison to true permanent enlightenment.

You become better when you can attain a state of mindfulness and connection with everything constantly and without the use of psychedelics. In the meanwhile, psychedelics help, but they're not the end, and simply eating mushrooms will not necessarily make your life any more care-free over a long period of time.

Working on it. :thumbup: But until the day comes that I no longer find them a useful tool to me, I will seek elsewhere. In the meantime, I will continue to use them as I can see a definite change in my life for the better as a result of their medicinal properties. My life is far from care free, and I don't use mushrooms as a means to escape my own responsibilities and commitments. I use them as a way to help me contemplate my problems, and to understand myself and the world around me from a different perspective. Each time I take mushrooms, those are the results I gain from them.

Perhaps I'm just not far enough down the path as some other people on this forum are. Or maybe my path goes in a different direction. :wink: That being said, go with what works for you. My ancestors have uses mushrooms for thousands of years, and while they are not the only answer for everything, they are a tool in which I find much benefit. They also, are not my only tool for enlightenment or bettering myself.

Edited by Kinematics (05/10/07 01:04 AM)

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6896166 - 05/10/07 01:15 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Veritas said:

Thou shall not be taught unless asked to be taught!

It is funny when people of those certain intellectual personalities fail to perceive the depth of awareness.  The pig's awareness knows all intelligence and knows how to sing, yet would lose the knowledge of singing if he were to try to put it into words.  How annoying!

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #6896514 - 05/10/07 04:41 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I feel it's my obligated duty to educate the ignorant.

That sounds a lot like controlling other people's thoughts. Who is to say you are not one of the ignorant? Who are you to judge others or decide who needs education? Why not accept others for what they are without judgment? To put yourself to be in a position to make decisions could come of as arrogant, and your attempts at education would fall on deaf ears. Let those would who come to you of their own free will accept what you have to teach...or not. Being a preacher or activist will just alienate you.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery

#6897028 - 05/10/07 08:46 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Veritas said:

Nah, the pig would be more likely to fall in love with the one who accepts him/her in all his/her pigness.  :heart:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6897433 - 05/10/07 11:19 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So what, pigs don't sing? :what:

Haven't you ever seen the Muppets? :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6897436 - 05/10/07 11:19 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Or Babe? :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery

#6897582 - 05/10/07 12:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm...wasn't there a different thread about insanity and its' reality?  :lol:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6898428 - 05/10/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

There was but I was in denial so for me it was a thread about how cool trees are. :smile:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineavatarofdiscord
The Enemy
Male

Loc: Louisiana
    #6898635 - 05/10/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Quote:

I feel it's my obligated duty to educate the ignorant.

That sounds a lot like controlling other people's thoughts.

I clearly stated earlier that people need to be taught how to think, NOT what to think.

Quote:

Who is to say you are not one of the ignorant?

Of course everyone is ignorant in someway, but we're talking about a subject so large that it's irrelevant if I'm ignorant. You need to focus on the message and not on the speaker.

Quote:

Who are you to judge others or decide who needs education?

I'm not. But, people IN GENERAL, need to be educated. They don't need education per se, but they need to be taught HOW to think NOT WHAT to think. I can't stress that enough. The reason I say people need to learn HOW to think is because for most people lived their whole lives under other peoples influence. People need to start thinking.

Quote:

Why not accept others for what they are without judgment?

I do, for the most part. You don't know me, so you are in fact judging me right now.

Quote:

To put yourself to be in a position to make decisions could come of as arrogant, and your attempts at education would fall on deaf ears.

That's very true. That's the whole point of me saying that the ignorant need to be educated on the abilities of logic and reason. If they learned that, they would be MUCH more open to new possibilities, instead of falling victim to their prelearned influences.

Quote:

Let those would who come to you of their own free will accept what you have to teach...or not. Being a preacher or activist will just alienate you.

Look, I'm not trying to preach anything to anyone. All I'm simply trying to do is trying to get people to think for themselves. People fall victim to society everyday. People, IN GENERAL, are ignorant. They either don't want to critically think and develop a philosophy on life, or they simply don't know how. Most people don't care. We are losing the human race to apathy and indifference.

Ayn Rand once brilliantly said: "A philosophic system is an integrated view of existence. As a human being, you have no choice about the fact that you need a philosophy. Your only choice is whether you define your philosophy by a conscious, rational, disciplined process of thought and scrupulously logical deliberation -- or let your subconscious accumulate a junk heap of unwarranted conclusions, false generalizations, undefined contradictions, undigested slogans, unidentified wishes, doubts and fears, thrown together by chance, but integrated by your subconscious into a kind of mongrel philosophy and fused into a single, solid weight: self-doubt, like a ball and chain in the place where your mind's wings should have grown.'

--------------------
I am, under the northern star.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6899058 - 05/10/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

People fall victim to society everyday. People, IN GENERAL, are ignorant. They either don't want to critically think and develop a philosophy on life, or they simply don't know how. Most people don't care. We are losing the human race to apathy and indifference.

This is mostly what I see. It may have always been this way though. If that's true then it's worth noting. I have come to believe that you cannot teach the human race to critically think. I think you nailed it when you said that they don't want to. Not that they were born that way mind you. I think that they/we were scared shit-less by being born into dysfunctional culture, decided to head underground, (head in the sand) believing that would be the safest thing to do under the circumstances. Once a program like that is set down in the bio-computer it is ever so hard to reverse; because in a way, it works.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Icelander]
    #6899378 - 05/10/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Embracing that attitude puts one in danger of deeper self delusion. Your programs may be different, but programs are programs, and there are no "correct" programs. I have been guilty of this, but the whole train of thought about others being incorrect is a trap.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
    #6899398 - 05/10/07 09:00 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Very true. Dominant culture writes a mental program in people that really standardizes them. But that's the whole basis of a culture; people who think alike on broad issues, who've familirized themsleves with reality the same way. Cultural conditioing makes our minds not trust in what our own senses tell us and instead we fall for whatever the instigators of our culture believe we should. Our culture is like a schizophrenic Xerox machine or something.

The path of least resistance is to conform. Energy takes the path of least resistance (that it is aware of perhaps). The way things are going, I see where it would be possible for people to start questioning whether or not their path really is going to met without much resistance. Obviously some people already do. This is where I see some role to play.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6902203 - 05/11/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Embracing that attitude puts one in danger of deeper self delusion. Your programs may be different, but programs are programs, and there are no "correct" programs. I have been guilty of this, but the whole train of thought about others being incorrect is a trap.

Do you see a contradiction in your post?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery

#6902216 - 05/11/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Certainly not!  He is absolutely correct in his claims that your attitude is incorrect. :grin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies