Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Icelander]
    #6890846 - 05/08/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have recently found that being unfailingly nice, empathetic, and polite in a conflict is very rewarding. It is funny when someones anger meets my calm. The result is much more satisfying, and in the end it is a win/win for me. If I get angry then I always lose. I wouldn't say it is who I am because I am not anybody.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6890909 - 05/08/07 08:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm on a path to self-mastery too.

This reminds me of the time after I ingested 7 grams of cubensis. The afterglow was so awakening, that my mind felt physically expanded in all directions. I felt my smile shine so bright and people saw it and opened up to me. The conversations I had were some of the most connecting, resounding conversations ever. The way I choose my words so carefully, it was like crafting vehicles of inner realization for myself and everyone else; I was in "the zone." It was easy being compassionate, kind, and empathetic... it seemed to flow harmoniously from within. However, the awakening afterglow dissipated and I was left with the dissatisfaction of my clinging ego (which after a few realizations was much less pronounced).

Its a tedious path. But, I'm confident I will get there in this lifetime. We just need patience, and supra-mundane understanding.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6890943 - 05/08/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have recently found that being unfailingly nice, empathetic, and polite in a conflict is very rewarding. It is funny when someones anger meets my calm. The result is much more satisfying, and in the end it is a win/win for me. If I get angry then I always lose.

I agree and yet don't always do it.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
    #6891676 - 05/08/07 11:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I used to feel largely the same way; from a young age I had a strong rejection towards humanity and dreamed of living way off in the woods somewhere and doing my own thing.

But there is just so much potential sleeping within humanity. Nothing gives me the fulfillment that comes from opening people's eyes, minds, and hearts. This really could be heaven right here.

[/optimism]
[pessimism]

Like you said 'it' doesn't want to be helped and will do everything in it's power to resist anything drastic. So yeah it's kinda like why bother trying to change anything.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #6891704 - 05/08/07 11:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:smile:

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Offlineavatarofdiscord
The Enemy
Male

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Grok]
    #6891708 - 05/08/07 11:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

One of my main delimma's I have with humanity is the unintellegent, uninspired people I meet. Should I accept people and their opinions if they just blindly believe what the social norm is? Every animal on this planet has one distinct characteristic that separates it from the rest of the animals. As humans, we have cognitive abilities. It just depresses me that 95% of the people I meet barely have any logic skills whatsoever. Why should I try to accept them and what they believe in if they can't even think for themselves?

--------------------
I am, under the northern star.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: avatarofdiscord]
    #6892282 - 05/09/07 04:37 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

One of my main delimma's I have with humanity is the unintellegent, uninspired people I meet. Should I accept people and their opinions if they just blindly believe what the social norm is?

You can't control the thoughts of others so why waste time in fighting others? Just accept it and move on.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #6893193 - 05/09/07 10:37 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Is there any culture in which you could fully attach yourself? Subconsciously, those who seek disattachment are provided with a lack of interest or lack of content regarding the norm around them as this does lead to complete disattachment. If some people can base their happiness just on conformity, then all the more power to them, but I doubt the joy of any attachments is as great as the bliss of no attachments.

At least when nuclear bombs start rewinding civilization and matter all around us, you won't care as much as the weeping masses. Your species is impermanent, so what healthy attitude of living can you take? Disattachment from their fleeting forms and your own is the only way to attain some peace of mind.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Ravus]
    #6893606 - 05/09/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Eat more mushrooms. You will find the answer.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Grok]
    #6893749 - 05/09/07 01:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

But there is just so much potential sleeping within humanity. Nothing gives me the fulfillment that comes from opening people's eyes, minds, and hearts. This really could be heaven right here.

People use this reasoning to stay in unhealthy relationships all the time. Potential is meaningless unless realized. Who knows if this potential will be realized? I also don't think you can open anyone elses eyes but your own. It's an individual thingy.:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6893761 - 05/09/07 01:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Is there any culture in which you could fully attach yourself? Subconsciously, those who seek disattachment are provided with a lack of interest or lack of content regarding the norm around them as this does lead to complete disattachment. If some people can base their happiness just on conformity, then all the more power to them, but I doubt the joy of any attachments is as great as the bliss of no attachments.

At least when nuclear bombs start rewinding civilization and matter all around us, you won't care as much as the weeping masses. Your species is impermanent, so what healthy attitude of living can you take? Disattachment from their fleeting forms and your own is the only way to attain some peace of mind.

I don't know if I could have been or could be happy in another culture. That's all guessing without experience. I am not completely detached and don't ever expect to be. I have too many long running programs. Besides, I'm human and can't change that. I'm just, as I said, not too interested in what goes on in human culture. I feel I've explored it deeply and have drawn personal conclusions about the worth of it all.

I hope I don't give a lick no matter if the world ends or continues on it's merry way forever. IMO none of that is too important. The Tao continues far past the world and that if anything is what interests me most.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Kinematics]
    #6893781 - 05/09/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kinematics said:

If I ate any more mushrooms than I currently do, I would have a constant tolerance to them. But the answer is fleeting; you can see it all one day and then return to attachments the next. Only by constanting making yourself mindful and aware of your thoughts and the outer world can you try to maintain a glimpse of eternal existence without forms.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

#6893817 - 05/09/07 01:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

Kinematics said:

If I ate any more mushrooms than I currently do, I would have a constant tolerance to them. But the answer is fleeting; you can see it all one day and then return to attachments the next. Only by constanting making yourself mindful and aware of your thoughts and the outer world can you try to maintain a glimpse of eternal existence without forms.

Must be different for everyone, because I feel a little better as a person every time I take them.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #6893980 - 05/09/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kinematics said:
Must be different for everyone, because I feel a little better as a person every time I take them.

so psilocybin is a benefit in your opinion from the Existentialism standpoint which claims that individual human beings have full responsibility for creating meaning in their own lives.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Booby]
    #6894021 - 05/09/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Booby said:
Quote:

Kinematics said:

so psilocybin is a benefit in your opinion from the Existentialism standpoint which claims that individual human beings have full responsibility for creating meaning in their own lives.

I think you're digging a little too deep on this one. I use mushrooms as a tool to better my life, does that mean I am not creating my own meaning? Sorry, I'll go read my bible or something.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #6894032 - 05/09/07 02:48 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

scratch that testamonial then.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6894046 - 05/09/07 02:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Booby said:
scratch that testamonial then.

Dude... he was talking about what mushrooms do to him, not to the entire human kind... chill out :sherlock:
Actually mushrooms have the same effect on me... this doesn't mean that I think they have the same effect on everybody

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6894056 - 05/09/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

How did you get from "...individual human beings have full responsibility for creating meaning in their own lives." to "...the same effect on everybody."..?

Oh I think I get it, you thought the testament could be viewed as an opinion that psilocybin would be beneficial for everyone.

Edited by Booby (05/09/07 03:02 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6894061 - 05/09/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm still not following you

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6894074 - 05/09/07 03:03 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I edited

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate