Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Icelander]
    #6890021 - 05/08/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You and I have discussed this a lot. I endeavor to not be attached to the doings and dramas of my fellow humans, but I still am. In your post I sense rejection...which is attachment all the same. I do not feel that one loses attachments until a state of full and unconditional acceptance is reached. Just my opinion, and you have heard it before, but there is is again :smile:

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6890063 - 05/08/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I agree.  My position is to meet people wherever they are "at," whether that is highly aware or mostly dozing.  If there is even a glimmer of awareness, there is a possibility of connection.  That connection, however brief, however minimized by their current state of awareness (and mine :tongue:), is precious and worthwhile.

Accepting myself in the state I'm in, accepting others in the state they are in--this is the work, this is the stuff of truly living.  Of course I want to be fully awake, of course I want others to be fully awake, but recognizing the gradients of "awakeness" between coma and enlightenment is beneficial and worth the effort.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Veritas]
    #6890190 - 05/08/07 06:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Accepting others unconditionally is the ultimate step one takes in accepting the self. Once upon a time I hated the whole human race and decided that it's ruin was a blessing upon the face of the universe. However, it was too heavy a burden to carry, and now I struggle to shed that curse that I had cast upon myself in a moment of despair. I now seek acceptance and empathy towards all when I am strong enough to handle it. It is the quickest path to power.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6890209 - 05/08/07 06:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The main "beef" I have always had with humanity was the general disdain most humans seemed to have for what I found delightful.  Nature, art, music, dance, dreams, discovery, mystery--these interests were shared by few of the humans I encountered.  Many seemed not only to disdain them, but to actively despise them, and desire to destroy them.  I felt alienated and estranged from humanity at large.

What I have learned, through decades of somewhat painful experience, is that many humans are simply too engaged in their immediate misery to be interested in these pursuits.  Once I recognized this obstacle, I could feel some compassion and understanding. 

Now, I work to find those seconds of delight--a stranger walking past who (for the moment) is quite awake and aware, and notices my quirky smile of acknowledgement.  :sun:

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #6890216 - 05/08/07 06:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Have any of you ever seen The Elephant Man? That's a great movie to watch if you want to be sad and disgusted by human nature.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6890228 - 05/08/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, that's a good one. "I am not an animal!!!"

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #6890240 - 05/08/07 06:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Indeed. Quite a tear-jerker.

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6890286 - 05/08/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

elbisivni: Do not allow yourself to be fooled by her alluring disguise.

You sir, are a filthy, dirty cad. The least you could have done was to precede your message with this one: May contain spoilers.

--------------------
~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

Edited by spiritualemerg (05/08/07 06:44 PM)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#6890313 - 05/08/07 06:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
The main "beef" I have always had with humanity was the general disdain most humans seemed to have for what I found delightful.  Nature, art, music, dance, dreams, discovery, mystery--these interests were shared by few of the humans I encountered.

I take great pleasure in learning about the uses of wild plants and my little sister thinks it's wierd that I pick and eat "twigs" (wild edibles or medicinals) when I find them. I find this disturbing. She thinks food comes from Safeway and medicine from Shoppers Drugmart. :eek: How alienated from the earth does one have to be to think it's wierd to eat wild foods and gather medicine? She's 13, so I can cut her some slack... for now.:tongue:

On a much more positive note, most of the people I know, aside from most of my family, share or at least understand why one would have such interests. There are a lot of great people around me.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Oh, the humanity! [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #6890336 - 05/08/07 06:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6890537 - 05/08/07 07:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
You and I have discussed this a lot. I endeavor to not be attached to the doings and dramas of my fellow humans, but I still am. In your post I sense rejection...which is attachment all the same. I do not feel that one loses attachments until a state of full and unconditional acceptance is reached. Just my opinion, and you have heard it before, but there is is again :smile:

When I wrote this I almost changed the wording so no one would mistake  my post for sour grapes. Then I remembered you and I decided to leave it the way it was. I predicted to myself that your post would include the accusation of rejection and wanted to see if it would elicit that response from you. You're getting predictable and you're not even old yet.:grin:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Oh, the humanity! [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6890620 - 05/08/07 07:55 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

HAHHAHAA you didn't make that yourself did you?! Your humor is unmatched!

Anyway...
I think humanity is in a state of discord because of peoples willingness to follow. Followers are generally people who like filler with no inner substance. No developed, or developing, voice of their own. People of this nature are infatuated with shiny statements that seem to agree with their personal comfort disregarding the fact that others have to suffer for us to be comfortable. Where do you think those nice comfy Nike shoes came from?!

Self-control (moderation) is key to living peacefully amongst one another. The United States and Britain throw away roughly 1/3 of all produced goods, despite 2/3 of the world being in starving poverty. That is flat out wrong no matter how you attempt to justify it.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6890631 - 05/08/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You know yourself better than I know you. You seem to have already formed solid opinions here, and who am I to disagree? If you feel no rejection or bitterness in yourself here then my perceptions are wrong. It is not the first time I have been wrong nor the last. I just try to follow what I read.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6890653 - 05/08/07 08:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't say there is none. Those things were with me a long time. I now say they have lost much of the energy they had. Now I endevor to accept things rather than regret them.

But even the fabulous Don Juan said it's sometimes very difficult not to complain. From the book Seperate Reality I believe. When Carlos "threw away" the gift of the power plants given to him by DJs sorcerer friend.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #6890711 - 05/08/07 08:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I run into a lot of people, and I help a lot of people. Without trying to sound like I think I have it all together, cuz I do have my own messes here and there, it could be easy to lose hope in humanity. People do such mean things to each other.

However, while I'm out there trying to help in whatever way I think I am meant to help, I keep my eyes open for the "good ones." Here and there, you find a bright light, someone who has the light shining within.

I was at work the other day and there were a lot of shysters running around, and I saw someone I had been up against once, and even though he had been an adversary at one time, he was an honest adversary and a good one. When I saw him again, he was like a light in the middle of a flurry of nothingness.

When I run into someone who has that kind of light shining within, who is a good person, it makes it worth running around in life with those that could bring you down because their lives seem so pointless.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6890723 - 05/08/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

These days I seek to have empathy with every human I meet. I seek to have unconditional love and acceptance for all of my fellow humans, even when understanding eludes me. This is a necessary path for me to be free. I still have way to much anger to reconcile these feelings, but acknowledging it helps.

Quote:

So the wise man puts himself last, and finds himself in the foremost place, puts himself in the background; yet ever comes to the fore. -- Tao Te Ching

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Frog]
    #6890726 - 05/08/07 08:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You don't think others see that too? I guarantee you many people have discerning eyes. Why not be a source of light in darkness? (not saying you aren't, I just don't think you should put emphasis on others, so much as yourself).

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6890760 - 05/08/07 08:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

These days I seek to have empathy with every human I meet. I seek to have unconditional love and acceptance for all of my fellow humans, even when understanding eludes me. This is a necessary path for me to be free. I still have way to much anger to reconcile these feelings, but acknowledging it helps.

I agree with this. I endeavor to have unconditional love and acceptance of all creatures. Still I don't feel the need to be in love with all individuals personality structures or the fact that mosquitoes bite.

That personality structure isn't who people really are. It's always the personality structure I make my judgments on. Never the human being.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6890791 - 05/08/07 08:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well, no you don't have to be best buddies with everyone you meet, but accepting the person means accepting it all. Acceptance just means to give others the space to live in peace, and maybe extend good will even to those whose personality structures clash with yours. When self importance is stripped away our dogma is just as useless as the dogma of others. If one attempts understanding with empathy then even those with incompatible personality structures become more accessible.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6890804 - 05/08/07 08:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I need to work on that one.

I still say fuck all to some people. It's not the best way I'm sure but it's honestly who I am and how I feel at times.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures