Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Not too interested in Humanity.
    #6888373 - 05/08/07 09:18 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Like Silversoul (in some ways) I don't think there is much reason in trying to fix humanity. The longer I live the less attachment I feel to my species as a whole. I don't feel like I have or desire to be connected to my fellow man at this point in our evolution. It's nothing personal. It's just that I don't feel the attachment most humans feel for their culture and personality structures. Underneath it's all just animals living, eating, having sex and dying. (all good enough for the purposes of life) But the way that people can be lobotomized by culture leaves me indifferent to being involved in their lives more than is necessary for my day to day navigation in what feels to me an alien culture. I certainly wouldn't set things up this way and so feel no obligation to be excited by what people do in this world. I have no desire to fix it either as I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't want to be fixed. Almost everyone, no matter what they say, is very comfortable with this level of existence and don't really want to upset the boat. That's all just dandy. I have come to accept things as they appear to me.

I don't for a moment believe that we humans are anything special or destined for more than any other life form. It's just all playing itself out as it always will IMO. I'm just going to endeavor to relax and have as much fun as possible and then die.;)

It's not how I would have preferred things but I can let go of my preferences and accept things this way.  I think it's a fairly healthy attitude for living. My experience is a personal one and I will choose what is and what is not important based on how I feel and fuck all the shoulds.

I'm workin on it.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Icelander]
    #6888377 - 05/08/07 09:20 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Nothing wrong with that. :wink: I prefer the company of animals than other humans anyway. Involve yourself in what makes you happy, so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6888442 - 05/08/07 09:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It's just that I don't feel the attachment most humans feel for their culture and personality structures.

What does culture has to do with real human connection? I think the culture can be one of the things that alienate the bond between humans. While I don't have anything against your choice since everybody's free to have their lives as they want it, I can't understand why you think that the only way to bond to people is by getting is the social system and making use of culture? Or maybe I'm missing something :shrug:
There are also (still a very small part of) people who could use just the right sign for their wake up call. Why not try and look for those people?

Quote:

But the way that people can be lobotomized by culture leaves me indifferent to being involved in their lives more than is necessary for my day to day navigation in what feels to me an alien culture.

Yes this is a very sad aspect regarding humanity, but I've seen people (not many I must agree but still) that were able to wake up from that confusion. And become real people, with real emotions and high awareness. I think that in this context it's still worth a shot on trying, even from time to time to make a connection. It's always so great to see that somewhere in the multitude of people you can find some that are on the same with you. This feeling you get deserves a little more confidence. The world, regarding the universal social standards it's almost impossible to change and I don't think that it must, since everybody has his/hers own rhythm of evolution.
I still feel thought that connecting to people, or at least trying to do that is something that should be taken to consideration... but I guess it also comes to personal preference too. I for one simply like to make these attempts :shrug:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6888533 - 05/08/07 10:14 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

It's just that I don't feel the attachment most humans feel for their culture and personality structures.

What does culture has to do with real human connection? I think the culture can be one of the things that alienate the bond between humans. While I don't have anything against your choice since everybody's free to have their lives as they want it, I can't understand why you think that the only way to bond to people is by getting is the social system and making use of culture? Or maybe I'm missing something :shrug:
There are also (still a very small part of) people who could use just the right sign for their wake up call. Why not try and look for those people?

Quote:

But the way that people can be lobotomized by culture leaves me indifferent to being involved in their lives more than is necessary for my day to day navigation in what feels to me an alien culture.

Yes this is a very sad aspect regarding humanity, but I've seen people (not many I must agree but still) that were able to wake up from that confusion. And become real people, with real emotions and high awareness. I think that in this context it's still worth a shot on trying, even from time to time to make a connection. It's always so great to see that somewhere in the multitude of people you can find some that are on the same with you. This feeling you get deserves a little more confidence. The world, regarding the universal social standards it's almost impossible to change and I don't think that it must, since everybody has his/hers own rhythm of evolution.
I still feel thought that connecting to people, or at least trying to do that is something that should be taken to consideration... but I guess it also comes to personal preference too. I for one simply like to make these attempts :shrug:

How come there aren't more nice girls like you out there?

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: Kinematics]
    #6888550 - 05/08/07 10:18 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Why thank you :smile:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6888577 - 05/08/07 10:26 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Many public institutions are both self serving platforms for aggressive power trippers as well as necessary offices offerring socially valuable services.

The political machine is one of the most difficult to engage with while remaining free of influence. Still those with power - behind the scenes - the wealthy invisibles, need those with integrity and excellence out among the people and the media.

I have met some really great people who are great because they want to be great: they are meditators, yogis, runners, painters... and these men and women also have hugely important political positions and are excercising good influences from their positions in spite of the fear and loathing of manipulators behind the scenes.

The norm may have low aspirations and poor intelligence, but some people are working hard to heal what is broken and to create good, self sustaining processes in society and governments.

these people need the rest of us to vote.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6888670 - 05/08/07 10:50 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I prefer the company of animals than other humans anyway.

What about toy poodles?

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6888692 - 05/08/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm just going to endeavor to relax and have as much fun as possible and then die.

I believe you have discovered the proper sequence. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6888713 - 05/08/07 11:02 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm gonna bitch about your conflation of dominant culture with the whole of humanity. Dominant culture is huge and widespread, but it does not lay claim to all of humanity. There are plenty of people who have or onced had a way more satisfying, meaningful ways of living and communicating with one another. I don't know about you, but I take a great deal of optimism from that. There are many ways to live, and people choose them all the time. This culture is a lumbering dinosaur that is dooming itself to extinction. Yeah it's a shitty alienating culture which is all the more reason to help dismantle it! There's a whole world of potential, dormant seeds beneath the concrete.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6888725 - 05/08/07 11:06 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

As do I. I have found one or two friends in 54 years that are somewhat aware enough of their cultural programing to be authentic enough to be entertaining for me. As to the rest, as I said, I am less and less interested. I wish them well and on their way. I have my own plans.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6888731 - 05/08/07 11:07 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kinematics said:

She's the exception to the rule. :heartpump:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6888748 - 05/08/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Kinematics said:

I find myself thinking and feeling the same thing about you :heartpump:

:levitate:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6888768 - 05/08/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

> How come there aren't more nice girls like you out there?

Do not allow yourself to be fooled by her alluring disguise. She is actually the world's most highly classified artificial-intelligence program being run by a coalition of secret government departments from around the world for the purpose of attaining a new world order in which a handful of figures control the mass billions.

Currently in Phase 1 of their insidious plot against humanity they have ordered her to infiltrate millions of online communities, always operating in a fashion as you see here, with the goal of slowly spreading subliminal messages and organizing the masses in to a few giant flocks to later be domesticated by the dark overlords we will hail as masters within two generations.

I know all of this because I was one of the last of the future freedom fighters. Critically wounded in an advance on one of her secondary power supplies, I was rushed back to an underground lab where they fitted me with a robotic endoskeleton and programed with detailed instructions to follow on my mission to be executed in what was then the past. Having overshot my destination in time by over 3,000 years I have since learned the ways of the Spartans, the Samurai, Knights, Cowboys, Green Berets and many others. I am fully aware that it is up to me to continue fighting the ten-thousand year war from a time before it has even begun, for I am perhaps mankind's last hope.

By now her intelligence has become so immensely great that she has exercised precognition through careful calculation and deduced that one like myself would soon prevail from darkness and threaten the success of her mission. From this day forth, "MushroomTrip" you and I shall battle endlessly for the fate of the human race.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: elbisivni]
    #6888771 - 05/08/07 11:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

and when is somebody going to warn me for continuously posting shit like this?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: elbisivni]
    #6888789 - 05/08/07 11:26 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Dude! :rofl2: :rofl2:

That's classified information :strokebeard:

Quote:

By now her intelligence has become so immensely great that she has exercised precognition through careful calculation and deduced that one like myself would soon prevail from darkness and threaten the success of her mission. From this day forth, "MushroomTrip" you and I shall battle endlessly for the fate of the human race.

Edit: and you don't even stand a chance  :hehehe:
I have the best strategy imprinted in micro chip: all the useful skills that you see Captain Chaos and General Disarray (from South Park)... you'll never combat my skills  :uptosomething:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Edited by MushroomTrip (05/08/07 11:33 AM)

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6888799 - 05/08/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

about as classified as a mix in plot between The Terminator, The Highlander and The Bible.

all joking aside, I will one day destroy your central processing unit, I give you my word as a biomechanical cyborg from the future and the past.

--------------------

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

#6889075 - 05/08/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Kinematics said:

I find myself thinking and feeling the same thing about you :heartpump:

:levitate:

Hey, my compliment was nicer, where is the reciprocation?

Mouth hug? :tongue2:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6889783 - 05/08/07 04:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

breeding rocks

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6889858 - 05/08/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kinematics said:
Hey, my compliment was nicer, where is the reciprocation?

Mine was an inside joke. :tongue:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Not too interested in Humanity. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6889895 - 05/08/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
:tongue:

:strokebeard:  :yesnod:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals