Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Loc: G-Ville FLA
Trance Dancing
    #688562 - 06/19/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am into it big time, anyone else wana share thier experiences or techniques? I myself find trance dancing the time when I am most "present' and at my most "here now" - and very rarely does the trance dance opportunity arise. Anyways, I find that trance dancing doesn't need to be all repetive fast psychedelic stuff though, a lot of old acid house (early rave), techno, and house is perfect for it, though goa certainly is psychedelic by nature and is not to be discounted. please share!

adam

--------------------
-i am waiting for my boyfriend/compainion-
_I wish i were Aeon Flux_

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

Re: Trance Dancing [Re: 11polakie11]
    #688576 - 06/19/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i've always felt it in my body, but i've never been able to let go and dance at any party i've been to. i've danced around my house when nobody was around... but that's just not the same.

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Re: Trance Dancing [Re: Smack31]
    #688579 - 06/19/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, i have done some trance dancing on my own in my room with a cd mix going but the energy is different, its not like it is at a big party or a "rave" dare I use the term, but part of that has to deal with collective energy and perceptions of actualy "loneliness" anyways. HAPPY DANCIN MISTER!

adam

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #688580 - 06/19/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Me too..

--------------------

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #688790 - 06/19/02 05:14 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I can let my body dance only while on shrooms..It's very hard to let it go while sober..

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Re: Trance Dancing [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #689091 - 06/19/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

why is it hard to let your body move freely when your sober?

adam

--------------------

Anonymous

#689099 - 06/19/02 07:30 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I too feel too embarrased to let myself go fully in front of a crowd of people and just let my body flow. I can do it fine when I am by myself.. I think I am actually pretty good at making my body do crazy fluid movements.. but alas.. when it comes to doing it in front of others.. I get stuck.

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#689109 - 06/19/02 07:35 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i would say because your awareness is in the wrong place...
when you're sober you focus more on what you are doing, when you aren't you only focus on the music.

that's the secret of art and sex... you just need to be a channel for the energy.

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Re: Trance Dancing [Re: ]
    #689117 - 06/19/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, if you feel so self conscious when you are sober, then acknowledge it, and do it anyways. Ever dance outside, in front of nature? Dancing in your room is completely different when all of nature is there to witness what you do. Just be honest about, honesty seems to parallel the freedom of movement within and about a person - if you move as you feel you honestly should, and you feel its something you should be doing, why be concerned with how others perceive it? let them perceive your dancing as they want, its their free will - but if trance dancing isn't a big deal to you then don't do it.

adam - ps
i think i sound almost like I am scolding, and I really am not scolding, I am trying to be as matter of fact as possible

--------------------

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

#689253 - 06/19/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think I have a powerfull ego. I think too much at others. I danced sober twice as far as I can remember. I mean in a crowded area. I will go to several gestivals this summer. Maybe I can improve myself there as everyone will help me.

--------------------

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: Trance Dancing [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #689342 - 06/19/02 09:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

you get over the fear... theres no need to be self conscious when your dancing, it only makes your dancing shit..
it happens at the start of the night sometimes, or after a break 4 me, but by the end of th night its all good
unless you have a case of full blown everyone move back coz here i come styles dont worry ;] the others are usually feeling the same ...
i remember one night there was this guy in front of me and every part of his body had a move for every beat of the music, he was the music... this may sound cool but he looked like a homeless guy tap dancing on his tiptoes with an electric fence shoved up his overalls, pulsating to the music.... i make a point of not criticising other peoples dancing .. but this was hilarious, there was a small crowd gathered behind him, staring in disbelief, trying to emulate these fresh moves.... wicked, i wish i could see him again

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #689879 - 06/20/02 06:23 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I too feel too embarrased to let myself go fully in front of a crowd of people and just let my body flow.

I was getting down to some 70's & 80's funk & dance tunes on Friday night. I was really letting loose and having a ball. A group of 6 young women (25 yo) started to dance with me even though I already had a partner. They were shouting, chanting, and laughing. I got hot and took off my jacket and they were yelling for me to keep stripping. Afterwards, I realized that they were making fun of me. I wasn't phazed.

Near closing time, I had a hot Latina on my arm who found me to be quite sexy (and vice versa). I walked over to the table of young ladies and said, "I can't help but notice that you are all attractive and there are plenty of eligible men here, yet you are alone and have only danced with each other all night. Meanwhile, I have met someone while you were too busy poking fun (something you people know that I would never do - LOL!) and being uptight. Have a good night and grab some batteries on the way home."

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Trance Dancing [Re: Swami]
    #689919 - 06/20/02 06:54 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

If you REALLY said that then I think you are one COOL dude!.......and ain't it funny how women are always(usually, lest I forget to whom I speak) a lot more freer with their inner intentionality when the guy has already been "spoken for"?

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

#689932 - 06/20/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well I don't seem to have a problem channeling the art or sex.. I guess I need to be less self conscious.

Well I'm going somewhere tonight with my girl... We'll see what happens.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #690146 - 06/20/02 08:54 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I've been trance dancing since I was in 3rd grade...even before I knew it had a "label." All music is psychedelic by the way...Goa is just written to push the limits of both the listener and the dancer.

I fnd it so ironic that at a lot of raves I've been to people tend to make fun of people entering trances...that's why I only go to Goa parties any more...trance dancing is understood and encouraged in the Goa community.

I made extensive comments about this already in another post in this forum:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=682363&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: Trance Dancing [Re: Boppity604]
    #690421 - 06/20/02 11:54 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey I dont want to sound like a moron, LOL to late, But what is Trance Dancing???
I was reading this thread and I kept thinking. damn am I stupid or what? I listen to floyd, Tool, lots of metall, so im new to this techno stuff. I just heard Sphongle(?) for the first time 3 days ago. Help a brotha out.

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #690722 - 06/20/02 02:25 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

work like you don't need the money
love like you've never been hurt
dance like nobody is watching

incidentally, i was thinking about making my next electro album titled "last chance to pants trance" i was just being loopy though, i'd never do it, heheheh. i do love IDM (intelligent dance music) a la The Orb n' Autechre, exc... but no second rate rave DJ'ers... byuuuuuck. eheheheh, to each their own.

love n' blessings, cj

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Trance Dancing [Re: postalboy]
    #690965 - 06/20/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

Edited by mndfreeze (06/20/02 04:02 PM)

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Trance Dancing [Re: Barbi]
    #692218 - 06/21/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Postal: trance dancing is when the dancer allows herself or himself to enter into a trance via dancing. There are many types of trances you can enter and most are single-point mind types of trance. You lose contact with your external "reality" and only exist in "the moment." Hard to describe but easy to see when someone's in a trance.

Also, liquid dancing isn't necessarily trance dancing, but many trance dancers do liquid in order to get into a trance. Trance dancing can be a simple as standing in place and bobbing your body left and right to complex dance moves like liquiding. It's all about letting go of your senses and becoming one with the music.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Trance Dancing [Re: Barbi]
    #692223 - 06/21/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

That video of Eric isn't that bad...he really needs to work more on his hands though in my opinion. At times he has a beautiful control over the lines between his feet and upper body but then he just "freezes" as he concentrates on his handwork too much. I like the first few second of the video best...he should also slow down his moves just a tad to make them more fluid...

My friends Scott and Igor are the greatest liquid dancers I've ever seen...the human mind never ceases to amaze me when I witness good liquid dancers...even if they're not in a trance...it is beautiful indeed.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #692299 - 06/21/02 09:22 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

that video is pretty much how i gr00ve, but it usually depends. i don't try to think about what i'm doing, just let my soul flow out to everyone around me...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Re: Trance Dancing [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #692328 - 06/21/02 09:38 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

that dancing is nifty to watch, and even how i dance sometimes. but i think you had it right when you said you let your soul flow out all over the world and try not to think that much, thats what i look for as well. theres the type of dancing where everyone feels so good they are up and hollering and thats fantastic energy, and then theres the dancing where you forget everything and just move..anyone ever combined shrooms and trance dancing? is it possible?

adam

--------------------

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

#692374 - 06/21/02 10:00 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, of course! I can trance with people around me only when on shrooms!! Home is something diffrent.

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #692385 - 06/21/02 10:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>theres the type of dancing where everyone feels so good they are up and hollering and thats fantastic energy, and then theres the dancing where you forget everything and just move..

Those are one in the same to me. When people are all in a trance at the same time there comes this beautiful "understanding" and you see it in each others' eyes...*shrug* it's a good way to spending an evening in the very least.

I wish there would be liquid dance competition videos like with break dancing back in the 80's. It would be beautiful to witness the different styles of liquid across the US. I've always favored the slower, more intellectual forms/styles versus the new "poppish" or "robotic" styles. but that's just a personal thing...I think all forms of expression in dance are beautiful in and of themselves. As a DJ I love seeing people just LET GO and find their dance...once their eyes shut or the "stare" begins...the trance comes naturally.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #692871 - 06/21/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It seems like most people these days (I place that qualifier cause I always here about certain times when this isn't the case- woodstock, the early rave scene, whatever) are very uncomfortable with each other. I never danced in public until I took ecstasy at a club (bad boy bill was mixing). It always seems like everyone's attention is on the people either on drugs or people who are 'out there', i.e. really in totch with the music. The other clubbers seem somewhat uncomfortable cause they have no such aid.. well, alcohol, but that just makes them more unaware-- so while drunkeness helps them feel more comfortable, it doesn't let thim in on what's really going down. So what I'm saying is that being able to publicy be expressive is something that we haven't gotten to yet, just like we haven't learned not to drop bombs or suffocate ourselves or love ourselves. Not being able to dance is an indicator or more fucked-upness.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Re: Trance Dancing [Re: Malachi]
    #692923 - 06/21/02 03:58 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hey there,
well collectively no, there isn't to my knowledge a scene with hundreds of people randombly gathering and in a sober state of mind dancing freely with abandon..while I don't use X nor really like people who use it in public, it has opened lots of people up in the past, now people just need to make the move and do it without the aid of substances..

adam

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,756 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.