Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Orgasm is in the mind/brain
    #6882961 - 05/07/07 12:49 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I dont want this to be a brain/mind separation discussion. So go with whatever you believe.

I turned my television on tonight, and it was on this documentary called Kim Catralls something or other... but it was about sex organs and sex.
it had some interesting things to think about. It stated as fact that humans are the only species that the female experiences an orgasm. For some reason I dont feel this is true, but it could be.
But the thing that really got me thinking was that it discussed how the orgasm really occurs in the brain.

Just like if someone pinched you on the elbow, you arent actually feeling that pinch, but rather a virtual stimulation.

in regards to the orgasm (and pain for that matter) women have it completely right. The more a girl pays attention to my cock, the more turned on I am. Every guy loves a girl who actually enjoys sucking dick.
It seems that a majority of males are really focused on their penis, and believe that is where the "good feeling" comes from.
If a guy was raped (lets say that he knew this girl had some STD) by a woman, he would still most likely have an orgasm after a while.
From what I have read, women do not have orgasms when they are the person getting raped.

Passion is probably the biggest factor in female orgasms.... this (i imagine) can be an advantage and a disadvantage.

So, Im not sure where the philosophical discussion or dissent is to begin. But add or take away from it if you feel like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Edge of the World
Re: Orgasm is in the mind/brain [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6883102 - 05/07/07 02:13 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Dunno, man.
I don't think a man is able to be raped in the traditional sense of the word by a woman.
Raped (sodomized) by a man, sure.
But, my dick just doesn't work if I'm not into it. And being forced by someone I don't wanna fornicate with is one of those situations.
At least I think so. I've never tested the scenario so have no -real- data to go with.

--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Orgasm is in the mind/brain [Re: nunciate]
    #6883132 - 05/07/07 02:32 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I know it is a hypothetical long shot, but has probably happened atleast once in the history of humanity.

I seriously think if a woman had a guy hard, and fucked him long enough, the right way, he would come, even if he was repulsed.

Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Edge of the World
    #6883166 - 05/07/07 02:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well, that's the thing. How hard can you get when you're repulsed?
I find the two are mutually exclusive.

--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6883467 - 05/07/07 06:30 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

First of all I don't think that only female humans experience orgasms and other females from other species don't, this looks like a speculation to make a documentary more interesting. Sex sells and if you add a little intrigue you're in for a success.

Then I think that both women and men have a multitude of personalities and like & dislikes. How do you know that only men would have orgasms if raped? Maybe not all of them would. In extent, I heared about lots of cases where women are extremely turned on by the thought of getting raped.
Women who were raped once have different attitudes too. Some (very few) decide to get over it and live a normal life, others become extremely traumatized and can never have a healthy relationship with men or become lesbians, and others, a small part too but they are out there, become very turned on by the thought of getting raped so it figures that they'll have an orgasm if raped again.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6883743 - 05/07/07 08:53 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

1. Primates are the only species in which the female experiences orgasm.

2. Orgasm is initiated in the brain (in a manner similar to an epileptic seizure), but is unlikely to occur absent physical stimulation and interest.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Orgasm is in the mind/brain [Re: Veritas]
    #6883874 - 05/07/07 09:35 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

stay clear of the muddy waters, there are so many levels to sexuality and when it comes to authorities a lot of information is useless from them

this sounds somewhat informative to an extent

in physical and mental wellbeing soulcircus has a thread about sexual energy

in it I and AlteredAgain reference a book called The Mutli-Orgasmic Man

it is indeed all in the brain

and with that said

one should spend time lying on the floor naked daily to allow posture to correct itself, liberating a lot of tension in the hips and correcting the spine, so that this and all energies can flow

it is vitally important not to wear binding constrictive clothing such as blue jeans or tight underwear, as they mess the energy centers up via physical body outward.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: Orgasm is in the mind/brain [Re: leery11]
    #6883992 - 05/07/07 10:17 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I also agree with the contradiciton with men being raped and still becoming aroused. If one is honestly disgusted/tormented/etc by the thought of sex, he will not become erect. Psychological erectile dysfunction is proof. Even when a man wants to be sexually aroused, if his mind is unconciously (let alone consciously) unwilling to become aroused-- he simply won't become erect.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Orgasm is in the mind/brain [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6884048 - 05/07/07 10:36 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Women who were raped once have different attitudes too. Some (very few) decide to get over it and live a normal life, others become extremely traumatized and can never have a healthy relationship with men or become lesbians, and others, a small part too but they are out there, become very turned on by the thought of getting raped so it figures that they'll have an orgasm if raped again.

Upon what are you basing this?  I think if you do even a small amount of research into any one of these assertions, you will find that they are baseless.

Women become lesbians because they were raped by men?  :lol:  Do men become gay because they were raped by women?

Very few women who are raped go on to lead normal lives?  :confused:  You do realize that at least 1 out of every 6 women has been raped?  Are you asserting that nearly all of these women do not lead normal lives?

Some women enjoy the experience of being raped, and so they would be likely to have an orgasm if they were raped again?  Where are you getting this information?

I think that it is important to distinguish between the common female fantasy of being raped, and women actually wanting to be forcibly raped in reality.  Again, if you do any amount of research into this topic, you will find that there is little support for your assertions.

It is fine to express an opinion, but it is a good idea to clarify that you may not be representing factual information.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6884111 - 05/07/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I was not talking about all the women I was talking about a small part, I forgot mentioning that :lol:

But yes it is true that some women which were raped find a pleasure in thought of being reaped again. What I was trying to emphasize was that there could be cases that women might have orgasm if being raped, even if it is very rare.

Quote:

It is fine to express an opinion, but it is a good idea to clarify that you may not be representing factual information.

And I wish I could give you the source, but I saw that in a documentary on discovery, it was a series called "sex and sense" if I remember correctly.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6884314 - 05/07/07 11:57 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

(generic response - not necessarily to MT)

I was nearly sexually assaulted when hitchhiking and picked up by four large women when I was 19 and in the Navy. Not even close to fun.

Male rape IS possible and is a highly under-reported crime.

(*joke alert* And that is why I am a lesbian today! :rofl: *the first part is true*)

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6884571 - 05/07/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

So this documentary asserted that:

1. Some women enjoy being raped, and would find pleasure in being raped again.

2. Only a very few women who have been raped are able to lead normal lives, and the rest either avoid sex altogether, or "become" lesbians.

I just want to clarify, because this information contradicts everything I have read and been told by women who've been raped.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6884600 - 05/07/07 01:22 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, it is exactly what it stated.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6884618 - 05/07/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6884669 - 05/07/07 01:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I have searched the Discovery Channel website for any mention of this documentary, and found nothing.  I have also done an extensive web search to see if I could find ANY hits on this topic, and found nothing which supports your assertions.

I challenge you to back up your statements of "fact," or recant them.

IMO, perpetuating such ridiculous myths about rape is thoughtless at best, and malicious at worst.  Sexual orientation is NOT determined by the experience of sexual assault, and reflexive physiological responses to the physical stimulation of rape DO NOT indicate that women enjoy being raped or want to be raped again.

These myths have been used as justification for sexual violence against women, and should die the unnatural death they deserve.  :thumbdown:

Edited by Veritas (05/07/07 02:04 PM)

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#6884768 - 05/07/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6884781 - 05/07/07 02:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well sorry you didn't find anything when searching Discovery but I am not going to retract what I said because I know exactly what I saw when watching that documentary.

Like I said, I can't come with any back up because I didn't record it.

So I guess it's all up to each person who reads this thread if they choose to believe it or not.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Orgasm is in the mind/brain [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #6884810 - 05/07/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, that is the show referenced by the original poster, in which the host incorrectly asserts that humans are the only species in which females experience orgasms.

It looks like it might be an interesting show, but after that factual gaffe, I would view all the data presented with a skeptical eye.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6884817 - 05/07/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I would hope that anyone reading baseless information which is discounted by all available evidence would have the sense to disregard such comments.

I highly recommend further research into this subject, as I believe you may have either misunderstood what you saw on TV or been misled by incorrect and irresponsible broadcasting.

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#6884856 - 05/07/07 02:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i find statistics like 1 in 6 come with an implicit discredit to the male of the species. a question.

i don't like to believe them personally, it just seems so high, and the men i know seem so far from being rapists. what would we be talking, one in 50, as a serial offender, or one in six or one in twelve on a one, or two, off? aren't more men, whatever their psychology, bound by adherence to the law in fear of the consequences? i understand that victim-shame could undermine the stastics of the act of rape, but then, how can even some societal expert define a hidden percentage?

this is the source of my enoui on the subject. is this acceptable a view in the psyche of what is a largely conscious and self-programmed, moralistic and reasoned, man? due to the nature of the act, down a split of the battle of the sexes: are we allowed to recognise the presence of hysteria and question it? can we seperate the act and the social response, ie. seperate the emotional response from an analytical one? am i wrong to speak in these terms?

i don't want to elicit any fury or the many directions a devils advocacy would provoke and i want reassure of my view that rape is an ugly act, for its invasion of basic human space and rights, and too the knock on effect upon the personal psyche.

but sometimes female vigour on the matter can become offensive, as i have personally experienced in argument, or a particularly outrageous piece of grafitti i once saw. (the we are all potential rapists argument, yuck) in my developmental (socially etc) dealings with the matter, i have often felt denied my view by angry hysteria. stastics like the above, whatever the source, can seem part of that.

veritas, does this statistic include forced sexual encounters within a relationship, or just the vista of the attack by the stranger? that would be interesting to discern.

apologies if this seems a crass question.

i would be very interested to hear any the views on my thoughts, as an opportunity in this forum, designed for and often so successful in delivering a little enlightenment.

oh and i know i am perpetuating a massive tangent in the topic, but i am interested in where the discussion has led.

Jack

--------------------
read books

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds