Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Krusty Krab Flag
Amanita Muscaria
    #6881285 - 05/06/07 05:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I am about to purchase Amanita Muscaria, from an online vendor. I was wondering what a good dosage would be for a first-timer with Amanitas. Although, I have done some research and I found that the experience can be quite unpleasant to some people, however some do enjoy it. what is unpleasant about it?

Thanks!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilocybin_qualm
Student
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: DayTripper1]
    #6888879 - 05/08/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

For dosage

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_dose.shtml

For what may happen

bad
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=51941

good
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=366

this guy got it from a web-site like u are doing.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=20070

Hope this helps

If you do eat some please take some notes ( if you can :smile: ) and write up an experience. make sure you note the dosage and other drugs you use with the shrooms.

here is the index of trips for the A. Muscaria
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Amanitas.shtml

Edited by psilocybin_qualm (05/08/07 11:51 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: psilocybin_qualm]
    #6889449 - 05/08/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

just read old shroomery post amanita are awsome if you think they suck you probally suck about 100 times more to the point your jealous of them so you say they suck, like how nerdy kid says to jock cause he cant get pussy. or somthing of that nature you not cool enough for amanita to like you so it shits on your face.

but any who if you correctly pick them yourself,give them respect, and properly prepare them nothing can go wrong

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: thedudenj]
    #6889459 - 05/08/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I think that the gut-wrenching nausea that comes with ingesting amanitas is more of a logical explanation as to why one might say that they suck, rather than jealousy that amanitas are cooler than him.  :lol:

OfflineHippie Chemist
Freeing Minds

Loc: Far Out There
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6889593 - 05/08/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

As far as the "unpleasant" effects, you can expect:

rapid changes in body temperature (ice cold to feverishly hot...but not in a bad way)
sweating like crazy
lots of saliva (you'll be swallowing mouthfulls of spit every few minutes)
nausea (the most I've done was only a little over 22 grams, and my nausea was very mild and short)

I personally like Amanitas, but they're not for everybody. I can see why some people wouldn't like side effects the experience, but I think that it's a small price to pay for where they can take you. For a first time, I would suggest at least 10 grams. It took me 15 to really get an idea of their potential. Too little just gives you a lot of saliva, slight shivers, and relaxation that feels like a borderline alcohol buzz.

From what I've read, it takes about 30 grams to achieve "rebirth", which is what Amanitas are all about. I would like to take that much, because judging by the trajectory of my few experiences with Amanitas, 30 grams would be out of this world. With 22 grams I woke up at about the 7-8 hour point in a state that I could never really explain..... I can imagine any dose in the 30 gram range being VERY "death-and-rebirth".

--------------------
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.
-Pink Floyd-

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Hippie Chemist]
    #6889647 - 05/08/07 03:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie Chemist said:
As far as the "unpleasant" effects, you can expect:

lots of saliva (you'll be swallowing mouthfulls of spit every few minutes)

A spitoon (or a nearby trash can) is mandatory for an amanita trip.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6889733 - 05/08/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i love how you say what iv read i have not only my experience but the experience of other people that i prepared it for. i only way i can fathom extreme nausea is if you eat them raw and fresh which i highly doubt due to every buys ones from online supplier and take 28 grams and find weak which is ridiculous if they are good amanita 9 grams is more then enough to produce rebirth. speaking form someone who has been there. seriously tho they say in particular NJ amanita Formosa or what ever there calling it these days guessuii are the most nauseating but when used properly i find them and others find them astounding so its not just me and its not placebo, its all about the sacred spirit

in fact only 1-3grams is needed for a full out OBE trance but then again one can reach great states with meditation just cause you have not training doesnt mean its doesnt work, you dig. part of using them is taking advantage of trance, and using em as medicine. i might note most the people that claim amanita needs 20grams for effects also cant figure out how to make ayahuasca and claim that to be bunk to. dont blame bunk sources on amanita and sources that dont give the spirit of amanita to proper respect. i might add the spirit sees it self as a gift and doesnt appreciate being sold when its a gift and like all gifts should be given with the intent of spreading good and healing not getting high. No offense but i have learned this over the course of years and witnessing alot i find amanita as strong as a tool as ayahuasca or cactus or datura or any other tool in belt.
i leave with this comment dont expect to unscrew something with a hammer just cause you have a tool doesnt mean you know how to use it or can use it , certain people have this job for a reason

and btw 30 grams more leads to people getting really sleepy,collapsing and tending to not remember much. in my inexperience i have over dosed people and my self. i used to order them too til i became wise but i tell you it didnt take long to become wise of not buying them its practially written under the cap, but if your too busy shoveling it in you,you tend not to notice.

btw im not trying to be a dick i just want people to get to see the light that wasson always wanted to see and never got a chance to. please take care peace and love

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (05/08/07 04:11 PM)

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #6889874 - 05/08/07 04:55 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Amanitas suck, you'll be disappointed.

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
    #6889889 - 05/08/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Nice sentence.

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Sunny]
    #6890394 - 05/08/07 07:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

im also trying amanitas for the first time, probably next weekend.

i'll be dosing 1 cap to test the waters. im aware of all the bad trip reports, but ive also read plenty of bad salvia reports, and so far salvia has been a blessing to me.

ill be posting a trip report regardless of the experience.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleWholefoods
It's a gift
 User Gallery

Loc: Outer Heaven
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: kotik]
    #6890597 - 05/08/07 07:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Amanitas are very awesome. But I am also pretty sure they have some negative effects on the body unlike cubensis mushrooms. I'll get into the bad stuff afterwards.
When I got them(also online).
My first dose was 3 grams. I waited a hour. then ate another 7grams, waited another hour, still nothing, then I ate another 7 grams. About half an hour later basically all I could see was visuals. Good thing I was in the safety of my home.
Another time I took 20 grams all at once, and about an hour later I had the same full blown visuals AND "ego-loss"(well basiaclly I forgot who or what I was).
Becareful of the effects. They can be intense. I've never had visuals like that on Cubes, although I've never taken more then 3.5 grams. >,<

Some of the negative effects I experienced. I noticed for the few weeks after I ate them I had this odd numb feeling in my lower abdomen and I also started losing some hair for about three weeks (and I'm 21 so that shouldn't happen), the hair grew back though.

--------------------
later gator

OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Wholefoods]
    #6890774 - 05/08/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well I bought an ounce of the Washington state Amanita caps (Grade A) from Iamshaman.com.
I plan on taking about 11-12 grams day after tomorrow. To reduce nausea I am going to toast them in the oven at about 175 degrees for 10 minutes.
Does anyone know about this oven method??? Is there another temperature or a different amount of time that the mushrooms should be left in the oven? I read that once they are heated, juices from the mushroom should drain out of them, and next I should pour that juice back over top of the mushrooms while they are still cooking. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct way to do it??

--------------------

OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

#6890857 - 05/08/07 08:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Mushroom poisoning, as I have read, can take several days before death ensues. First there’s fever, chills, hallucinations, followed by sleep and a period of 1 or 2 days where the person appears to have recovered. Then coma and death.

Is this true??? I was read it in a trip report on Erowid.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Wholefoods]
    #6891232 - 05/08/07 10:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wholefoods said:
Some of the negative effects I experienced. I noticed for the few weeks after I ate them I had this odd numb feeling in my lower abdomen and I also started losing some hair for about three weeks (and I'm 21 so that shouldn't happen), the hair grew back though.

uhh... whoa! that's the first ive ever heard regarding amanita side effects! i hear about nausea and etc. how can you be sure this was from the amanitas, and nothing else?

also, was this from eating 20 at once, or from doing 1 + 7 + 7 ?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6894896 - 05/09/07 07:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

omg stupidity clouds with thread.

Mushroom poisoning, as I have read, can take several days before death ensues. First there’s fever, chills, hallucinations, followed by sleep and a period of 1 or 2 days where the person appears to have recovered. Then coma and death. maybe if you ate some destroying angels and amanita or destorying angels and some psilocybes poisonous mushrooms ovbiously are poisonious and psychoactive ones arent.

dude i head if you eat berries you can die too berry poisoning can kill man

sigh read an old post damn kids

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (05/10/07 02:42 PM)

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6895132 - 05/09/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

what the hell are you even talking about? i tried reading that 3 times, and it still doesn't make any sense.

who in the right mind would eat "destroying angels?"

"dude i head if you eat berries you can die too berry poisoning can kill man"

?

let me know if i should just ignore this user...

--------------------

Offlinejfrank
Weed Mason
Male User Gallery

#6895260 - 05/09/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Dude he was being sarcastic. I guess some people just dont understand sarcasm.

--------------------
Pink Floyd = Hella Chronic

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: jfrank]
    #6895281 - 05/09/07 08:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah some people dont.

but if you ate amanita and you trip and you also die 2 days later, then you ate deadly ones and psychedelic ones...
the point about berries is theres poison ones and edible ones, if you go picking red berries at random cause they looked similar theres a good chance youll eat dangourous ones and edible ones. in other words know your shit.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6896595 - 05/10/07 05:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

sarcasm is hard enough to detect online, especially when it's riddled with bad grammar. it really started off with this: "omg stupidity coulds with thread." - ?

no right away my brain was like "error, malfunction - proceed with caution"

--------------------

Offlinejfrank
Weed Mason
Male User Gallery

#6899582 - 05/10/07 09:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I think he meant to say: omg stupidity clouds this thread instead of omg stupidity clouds with thread. But i dont really know what he was trying to say only he knows. And i mean no disrespect to you at all, just trying to help clarify.

--------------------
Pink Floyd = Hella Chronic

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: jfrank]
    #6900723 - 05/11/07 05:30 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

my first few times I made tea out of 15 grams of dried A+.
    didn't do anything
  then I took Dudenj's advice and just ate 5 dry grams at a time. 
  It was great.  nice and floaty and relaxfull.  no hard edge or paranoia. no nausea any of the times. It wasnt a full on mind fuck trip in any way just very euphoric.
  Amanita's rule
almost same buzz for me as Kanna but more relaxed
  also takes away my headache from spinal arthritis :thumbup:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: cpw1971]
    #6901103 - 05/11/07 08:37 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

are we talking about 20g dried or wet?

this autumn i'll properly try amanitas because it grows around my house here. like bucketloads.

the deadly strains of amanitas are white and green. brown is too hardcore and is for shrooming masters, as i've read. the deadly amanitas will make your liver digest itself thus when the pain starts to come on after a couple of days your insides have eaten themselves already so you can't be helped by anyone at that point.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder