Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Datura question [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #6890582 - 05/08/07 07:48 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

the thing with Datura is the Delerium. you dont know you even have a buzz. thats what gets people killed because they don't realize and take more. It is more like you are dreaming than having spiritual visions that offer insights ect...
you will talk to old friends that arent even there instead of communicating with a spirit or entity in another dimension.
the only reason you will trip is because you are poisoned and you wont realize you are tripping.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Datura question [Re: Nalim]
    #6890644 - 05/08/07 08:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nast said:
You will not get high that way.. And you shouldn't eat it either..

What you should do is this:
Throw that shit away. Use the search post function and read up on what people has to say about datura.
A hint: it wont be good things..

I agree. I hope you dont fuck around with Datura.

--------------------

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
Re: Datura question [Re: Ikal]
    #6890935 - 05/08/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Personally I've never tried datura, but I have smoked toe (Brugmansia suaveolens). I've smoked it 25 times or so, all from the same batch I bought from an ethnobotanical vendor I trust. First two times I smoked, I didn't feel anything. Every time after the first two the effects have been more obvious. The effects have always been predictable, there have been no surprises, and definitely no hallucinations or delirium. The experience is serene, somewhat subtle, and I would say recreational lasting about 24 hours. Overall I enjoyed it about as much as marijuana, and I do consider it a teacher plant. Only thing I remember not liking is my dreams became a bit darker. I have never eaten the plant and have no intention to.

I'm not suggesting that anyone smoke or eat any of these tropane containing plants. They can be very dangerous and unpredictable, I know my experience with them is out of the ordinary these days. There are much safer teacher plants available, lots of them. All that being said, I must say there is a big difference between smoking a pinch of datura leaf and eating a tropane salad. Here's a few tips for smoking:

If you harvest your own material use gloves, don't rub your eyes you don't want it in your eyes. When you smoke it make sure the smoke doesn't go in your eyes. Wash your hands after rolling a joint or handaling material. Harvest a big batch all at once, since the alkaloids vary depending on when they are picked. The alkaloids can differ from leaf to leaf or flower to flower, so blend all the herbs together into nearly a powder. This leaves you with a more consistent product that you can experiment with over time. Be careful when grinding the herb, you don't want the material going up into the air or in your face. Wash the grinder very well after use, or just by a cheap one you can throw away afterward. Use common sense when preparing material, especially if you have pets in the vicinity.

Be patient. The effects of tropanes can be very subtle and hard to recognize at first. Start very slowly, don't smoke to the point where effects are felt, this can lead to overdose. Smoke a bit, wait at least a couple days to see how you react then try again. It would be safest to experiment with an amount that produces no noticeable effect for awhile and then move up slowly. It should become easier to recognize the effects and measure doses over time. Tropanes can build up in the body over time so space out usage. In my experience tropanes increases the effects of THC, and THC enhances the effects of tropanes. Be very careful when combining.

Don't take any of this as gospel, I make no guarantees of safety, I'm not an expert with any of these plants. These are just some safety guidelines I use and I feel they are much better than no guidelines at all.

OfflineIkal
Stranger
Re: Datura question [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #6890948 - 05/08/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the advice and concern everybody, especially Neon. Firstly, I forget who said it, but not just amazonians used this plant: I happen to live in an area where datura was the only hard entheogen (to my knowledge): Southern Callifornia. Some natives are still here and I plan on consulting them before using it. Thanks for the info on the skin-rubbing thing, I might try that. But not soon, firstly because a decision like this should never be rushed, and secondly because I'd like to do it on its natural hour: full moon. Yes, I will have sitters who know whats up. For those concerned, I will detail my action plan as it is now: have a good sitter (Im a really small guy, it should only take one to completely subdue even a crazed and insane me) and small bit of dried leaf and take one hit. Then wait the 13 days that I have read it takes a small percentage of people to feel the effects (info from tea, but "an ounce of prevention" eh?). If I get nothing through then, then up the dose for the next time. If I get something, then I'll adjust dose accordingly. When 2-4 days after, I will calmly regard everything as unreal (yes, I can and have done this) I think the grinding thing Neon suggested was good, so Ill see what I can do about it. Also, the question I asked originally was never really adressed. Anyone?

Edited by Ikal (05/08/07 09:11 PM)

InvisibleAlephOne
 User Gallery

#6891787 - 05/09/07 12:19 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

To the best of my knowledge, atropine takes 2-4 days to degrade in your system, regardless of how it's administered. I would advise you to review some pharmacological studies on atropine, and in particular see if you can find some studies on long term effects of short term exposure. Additionally, you should review toxicology reports (many of which can be accessed through Google scholar). The point at which Datura will cause you to hallucinate is well into the dosage which the pharmacologists consider to be atropine toxicity. By the time you're seeing things, you're poisoned.

Tropane poisoning is serious business, and the variability of atropine concentrations in Datura (or any plant, for that matter) means you're playing a game of Russian Roulette.

My worst advice: Do some more research.
My best advice: Do some mescaline instead.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Datura question [Re: Mitchnast]
    #6891835 - 05/09/07 12:34 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:

you are spreading romantiscience.  The idea that intention can change the nature of poison.  Thats pure romance.

:thumbup:

Some of the other advice in this thread is nothing short of criminal negligence.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Datura question [Re: Hanky]
    #6894993 - 05/09/07 07:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

sigh yes even in south america cactus is used in ayahuasca ussually P torch or san pedro tho not common. what is almost as common as virdis tho is Burgmansia read up chap. any who i do like to not refer to my brew as ayahuasca the only reason i do is cause i use caapi and summon mama hausca. any who datura can be used safely and as i have said o too many times using it to get high isnt safe only under the guidance of a medicine man

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinemeo
Stranger

Re: Datura question [Re: thedudenj]
    #6947072 - 05/21/07 12:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

mmm well datura would only be used rt if consum4ed by a shaman, Its not complete delirium either. You guys dont know what your talking about. It takes years of pratice to use datura right, its one of the most useful tools and also the shaman most challenging ethogen, actually ive heard thier favorite.They take these deullsional sequences, and try to interpt em, kind like there being comunicated with.Theres this legend about datura, you can find on myspace, it speaks about holding the sights of the people that first came amongest the earth and hid there sightings in this white flower, Datura.
actually a witchcraft drug also
Its also a door to the a dark place,the shadow world.
I advice no one try it, because you wont be using it right.
Ill give you a hell or mybe a heaven

Edited by meo (05/21/07 12:36 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Datura question [Re: meo]
    #6947103 - 05/21/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"They take these deullsional sequences, and try to interpt em"
"actually a witchcraft drug also"
"Theres this legend about datura, you can find on myspace"
"You guys dont know what your talking about"
"datura would only be used rt if consum4ed by a shaman"
"Ill give you a hell or mybe a heaven "

what insights are you trying to impart here with these statements that you have made?

im not sure they should be trusted or even awknowlaged as "informed".

Offlinemeo
Stranger

#6947163 - 05/21/07 01:01 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I know very exprienced people and resources,there isnt alot of
insight on it rather then people using it completely wrong.
mmmm trying to look for this picture i once had, it symbolic to datura. Shows a dooor from a sunny field into a willow treee with this girl under it a very tainted place beyond the dooor.
Your fears can be manifested into shadow people ,creatures. Going into a dark state. Kinda reminded me when i used come off meph i would see these shadow creatures and these fears were manifested in these visions and i could not help to be completely delusional and scared. They looked real, but thats meph,it only brings the worse of you and destroys what makes you ,you.
why you gotta be a little hoe? :P
dnt rly care if u believe me or not,your a fucking genius

Edited by meo (05/21/07 01:12 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#6947666 - 05/21/07 03:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

transparent or what?

take it to the "spirituality and philosophy forum"
where giving advice based on "legends, spirits, symbols, shadow people, and dream interpretation" actually count as "information"

I aggree theres no "right" reason or way to administer it. I just cannot aggree with your reasoning, because its all faerie talk and fancy. which i find interesting, but it's out of place as advice in this forum where deadly poisons are the subject.

Its cool I reckon, in the right context, but this is an advise thread, not a prosylitizing opportunity for some internet-spawned, loosely-historical religeon of the week.

and welcome to the shroomery.

Edited by Mitchnast (05/21/07 03:16 PM)

OfflineIkal
Stranger
    #6962283 - 05/24/07 04:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I thank you for the spiritual advice, but can you give me the information I was originally looking for? (ie. have you smoked or know someone who has smoked datura or related plants? If yes, how long do the psychoactive effects last with this method?)

OfflineIkal
Stranger

Re: Datura question [Re: AlephOne]
    #6962292 - 05/24/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AlephOne said:
To the best of my knowledge, atropine takes 2-4 days to degrade in your system, regardless of how it's administered.

What does that mean? Do you have a source for that?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#6963301 - 05/24/07 09:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i smoked a little once, a few small puffs, diddnt do anything.
i also know a guy who smoked the husk from an entire pod.
also did nothing

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6967557 - 05/25/07 10:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

datura is the shiznat all you have to do to use it right is make a shrine of it

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Datura question [Re: thedudenj]
    #6968180 - 05/26/07 02:04 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
datura is the shiznat all you have to do to use it right is make a shrine of it

Tropanes are fake drugs that rely on delerium and poisoning to produce hallucinations.

:thumbdown:

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Datura question [Re: Hanky]
    #6968325 - 05/26/07 03:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

not if you dont consume it and just breath in the pollon :rockman:  my town dumb is infested with datura and no one knows here that they hallucinate off it each time they dump grass they cut from their lawns. it not deadly in low doses of pollon but can produce strong hallucintations

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale